I am Godless

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Ansgar said:
Achronos said:
I don't know if it's right to completely dismiss him as an attention whore, there maybe more going on in the background than we realize.
I agree with this. Judging from what he has told us, James haven't had what I would call the easiest childhood. There could be many reasons to why he is having these inner conflicts.
In America, we put such people on ice floes and tell them to figure it out and call it love.

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
Ansgar said:
Achronos said:
I don't know if it's right to completely dismiss him as an attention whore, there maybe more going on in the background than we realize.
I agree with this. Judging from what he has told us, James haven't had what I would call the easiest childhood. There could be many reasons to why he is having these inner conflicts.
In America, we put such people on ice floes and tell them to figure it out and call it love.
;)

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
Why not read the Stoics if you want to read non-Christian answers on your objections? Seneca, for example. Pick up a few copies of his works. I advice De Providentia. The Stoics answered your objections pretty well (although perhaps a little different than the holy fathers).

Schultz

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Website
www.theidlegossip.com
Ansgar said:
Achronos said:
Until we've had independent confirmation, whatever a teenage boys tells me over the internet about his personal life, especially his childhood, is immediately suspect.

The same goes for most women no matter their age. ;)

Ansgar

Archon
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
Ansgar said:
Achronos said:
A very zen-like solution.

Schultz

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Website
www.theidlegossip.com
orthonorm said:
Ansgar said:
Achronos said:
Ice floes?  Lucky.  In my day, people were only given a piece of driftwood to hang on to.  Ice floe...pshaw!

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
At least this thread taught me not to rush things when I enter the catechumenate, a valuable lesson.

Another lesson learnt from Trevor and James: Hyperdox Hermans get burnouts quickly, so don't overdo it.

Rufus

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
JamesR said:
I imagine I will keep this a secret and still attend my Church, just so that my parents do not discover my godlessness and try to convert me back to Protestantism.
Probably a good idea, in my personal estimation.

An ex-Orthodox Anakin Skywalker.
Stop watching Star Wars.

Agabus

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Rufus said:
JamesR said:
I imagine I will keep this a secret and still attend my Church, just so that my parents do not discover my godlessness and try to convert me back to Protestantism.
Probably a good idea, in my personal estimation.

An ex-Orthodox Anakin Skywalker.
Stop watching Star Wars.
In the end, Anakin turned from the dark side, you know.

It is kind of a nerdy reference re: apostasy, however.

Severian

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Website
www.lsocs.co.uk
May the Lord have mercy on you for your blasphemies. I say this with all the sincerity I can possibly muster.

Shanghaiski

Taxiarches
Reaction score
vamrat said:
Schultz said:
TristanCross said:
Schultz said:
You are Godless?

Perhaps.

But you're also being a self-aggrandizing attention whore, but that's what a teenage boy is when he has something like the internet at his disposal.  Knock it off and grow up.

Oh, and Carl, we had little to do with this.  Many of us saw this coming from a mile away and he would've done this no matter who he had contact with.  The only person who should shoulder any blame other than James himself is his priest who baptised this immature child without much of a support network, but I'm sure he already knows that.
This doesn't help at all. All posts like this do is fuel the fire.
And all the coddling has done what? 

Tough love situation, folks. 
Precisely.

First he was on his way to becoming a Bishop, then he hated Protestants and this led to him wanting to marry an Orthodox, Catholic or Atheist girl but not a Protestant because at least the atheist would be good in bed, then he became horny, then he got mad that God "made" us horny but wouldn't let us fornicate, then he turned into a Communist, now he's a horny malatheist communard.

The best thing we all can do is stop giving him the attention and let him think things through.

Thus I propose we derail the attention-thread.

Hey Marc, I hear Isa was saying that there are maps that prove that the paleo diet is bogus.

There.  That should do it.
O rats. I was going to do the Paleo diet! What now? Are there any map-supported diets? Isa, help!

AndrewR

High Elder
Reaction score
Well... this is a real wake-up call for me and I imagine other catechumens who have been struggling lately.  :eek: Lord have mercy...

Kerdy

Taxiarches
Reaction score
NightOwl said:
Well... this is a real wake-up call for me and I imagine other catechumens who have been struggling lately.  :eek: Lord have mercy...
My advice to all people, especially catechumens, is to always remember the world does not contain the answers the human heart seeks.  This leads to realizing the worlds advice is usually wrong.

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance) said:
I do wonder if we somehow contributed to this. Lord have mercy!
Do you think there should be an age limit or moratorium on 500 words + confession posts?

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
These threads never end well. Or... um... begin well. Nevermind.

Reaction score
This one reminded me of the book of Job, Where all the friends try and explain his problems.When all they really can do is just be there for him.

dzheremi

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
No. Com'on, that's garbage, Green Umbrella. Even if JamesR were just looking for attention or whatever, it's still not a good thing that this is happening. Christianity may not "need" a person like James (an odd idea), but a person like James certainly needs Christianity. A person like me does, too. We all do.

Cavaradossi

Archon
Reaction score
Green_Umbrella said:
Good. Christianity does not need a ¨Christian¨ like you anyways.
That is not for you to decide unless you are a bishop, invested with the power to bind and loose.

Apples

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Sometimes I feel like the meekness on this forum is a bit much.

James said he believes in God but hates Him and loves Satan. It does not get more blasphemous than that. Someone get out the fire and brimstone!

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
William said:

James said he believes in God but hates Him and loves Satan. It does not get more blasphemous than that. Someone get out the fire and brimstone!
Better than hubris.

And really his comment was completely uncalled for.

Apples

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Achronos said:
William said:

Better than hubris.

Also, Achronos, would you like your money by mail or PayPal?

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
William said:
Achronos said:
William said:

Better than hubris.

Also, Achronos, would you like your money by mail or PayPal?
LOL did we wager a bet on him?

Green_Umbrella

Reaction score
Achronos said:
Green_Umbrella said:
Achronos said:
Green_Umbrella said:
O rly?
Yeah, really.
And you come to this conclusion how?
Well, let us see. He says God is unfair. No, he goes beyond that and says he ¨hates¨ God. He says Satan is not such a bad guy. He says God is a ¨tyrant¨ He says he wishes he was the one who could have crucified God. He says God is a ¨monster¨

Yes I understand him perfect. He wants to move God to the side so he can go do whatever he wants. We are all...¨weak minded people and senile old folks¨ and he is  ¨more intelligent than 90% of people my age and many people older than me..¨ and blah, blah, blah.

So yeah. I have no trouble say we do not need Christians like him. I do not anyways.

Jason.Wike

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Green_Umbrella said:
Achronos said:
Green_Umbrella said:
Achronos said:
Green_Umbrella said:
O rly?
Yeah, really.
And you come to this conclusion how?
Well, let us see. He says God is unfair. No, he goes beyond that and says he ¨hates¨ God. He says Satan is not such a bad guy. He says God is a ¨tyrant¨ He says he wishes he was the one who could have crucified God. He says God is a ¨monster¨

Yes I understand him perfect. He wants to move God to the side so he can go do whatever he wants. We are all...¨weak minded people and senile old folks¨ and he is  ¨more intelligent than 90% of people my age and many people older than me..¨ and blah, blah, blah.

So yeah. I have no trouble say we do not need Christians like him. I do not anyways.
Then its a good thing it doesn't matter at all what you "need" in the context of someone else's salvation.

Also saying what you've said can only serve to worsen James' state of mind. Anyone trying to drive someone who is already despairing and in pain away from Christianity is exactly the WORST thing you could be doing, its completely satanic.

Green_Umbrella

Reaction score
Achronos said:
Glad to see when the prodigal son comes back you won't be there with open arms.
Oh I love a prodigal son as much as the next, but that is not where this person is right now. Quite the opposite actually.