I am on the brink of losing it please pray for me.

Reaction score
I already had mental health issues before this but the coronavirus has effected me to such a terrible extent. Please I need prayers! Isolation has been so terrible I have had little contact with others and I am seriously on the verge of having a full mental breakdown! I am constantly shaking and I can't sleep and I am beginning to have very very very dark thoughts no matter how hard I pray!!!! Please I really really need help! I think isolation is making me fall into a deep deep dark depression and I don't know what to do anymore!!!! I can't even be involved at the community at my church anymore and I haven't been able to talk to my doctor! Please I am honestly losing my mind here!!!

PorphyriosK

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Lord have mercy.

Stay strong brother. Know that you are not alone in your sentiments and that countless others are suffering in similar ways. These are awful and dark times. Try to find some joy in simple things that are removed from this wicked and deceived society. If you're able, try to go out and be somewhere in nature and observe the beauty of God's Creation. Maybe try reading the desert fathers, who spent their lives in isolation voluntarily and try to find some solace in their words. God will not abandon you.

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
protectress.org
Many feel as you do. Don’t give up.
Perhaps in addition to prayer, now might be a good time to pick up a new hobby such as drawing, painting, woodworking, etc. Things we “want” to do but never are able to find the time.

May the Lord ease your burden, bring light into your life, strengthen you, and give you hope... and end this crisis for us all.

Lord have mercy!!!

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy on your servant.

Reaction score
Lord have mercy.

I've been there before. Something to add on to what @LizaSymonenko stated to be creative: rearrange your furniture. Clean. Organize your space. This is only a temp help, but it releases that pressure valve a bit.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lord have mercy.

I find Dr. Aisha Ahmad's insights here very useful. You will pull through. (Do keep in contact with your doctor, though.)

Kirkburn

Elder
Warned
Post Moderated
Muted
BANNED
Reaction score
Lord have mercy

marigold

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy on Isaiah53IsMessiah.

Ariend

Reaction score
Lord have mercy. May the holy martyrs and monastics of Christ pray for us during these dark times.

IXOYE

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy!

Sethrak

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Lord help us ~ Dearest Lord come close to our brother who is in pain, he asks us for help and prayer, please Lord comfort, calm and kiss him so he knows it is you ~ Kuntrem yev Shnoragalank ~ Please and we thank you ```