• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

I Am Working On an Independent Project During Lent

Seraffa

Reaction score
Faith
Coptic Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Diocese of the Southern U.S.
This regards information from the Coptic Church, and information from the Eastern Church; I will cover the information from the Eastern Church by myself.

I need a Coptic person who can actually set dedicated time aside with me to help me complete this project. It's not that I cannot  do the project with a local parish priest -- but it is BECAUSE I am doing the project during Lent, that I need a knowledgeable servant to assist me, since Priests will be extra busy. When the project is finished, I will present it to both EO and OO for a blessing as a resource for both Churches, since all they need do is "check" it for accuracy.

PM me for more details if you would like to help, and I will tell you the name of the project, it's scale, and we will make sure the first phase of this is done within the 55 days.

Thank you, and God bless you tremendously for your help.  :)

peterfarrington

Protokentarchos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.stgeorgeministry.com
Faith
Coptic Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Patriarchal Diocese
Just to be clear, the analogue of the Eastern Church is the Oriental Church, not just the Coptic. The Coptic Orthodox Church is just one of the local Orthodox Churches.

Seraffa

Reaction score
Faith
Coptic Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Father Peter - I'm not sure who you are addressing in this thread, but would you mind responding to the pm I sent to you 2 months ago? Thank you for your cooperation with my request.  :)

Seraffa

Reaction score
Faith
Coptic Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Seraffa said:
Father Peter - I'm not sure who your response is  addressing in this thread (myself, or all readers), but would you mind responding to the pm I sent to you 2 months ago? Thank you for your cooperation with my request.  :)

Seraffa

Reaction score
Faith
Coptic Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Currently this thread has been read 93 times with no volunteers; please pm if you can help with this project.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Most of us aren't Coptic persons.

ZealousZeal

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
Seraffa said:
Father Peter - I'm not sure who you are addressing in this thread, but would you mind responding to the pm I sent to you 2 months ago? Thank you for your cooperation with my request.  :)
He's addressing you. He's Reply #1. Who else would it be?

Dominika

Merarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Antiochian Patriarchate/POC
TheTrisagion said:
Exactly. I'm very interested in various Orthodox lenten (mainly liturgical) traditions and I write sth about them on my Polish FB group "Why we should eat, if we can fast", but it's something hobbistic.

I'm afraid I can't help as I don't live in US and I'm not Coptic.

kijabeboy03

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Alexandrian Orthodox Church Abroad
TheTrisagion said:
I attended a Coptic Orthodox parish off and on in high school (logistical issues), but that was over a decade ago and I'm not a Copt, so ditto :). Good luck though! I imagine we'll all be rather swamped during Lent...

Seraffa

Reaction score
Faith
Coptic Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction
kijabeboy03 said:
TheTrisagion said:
I attended a Coptic Orthodox parish off and on in high school (logistical issues), but that was over a decade ago and I'm not a Copt, so ditto :). Good luck though! I imagine we'll all be rather swamped during Lent...
:)
217 reads.........volunteer still needed......

NicholasMyra

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
hyperdoxherman.tumblr.com
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Partially-overlapping
Seraffa said:
kijabeboy03 said:
TheTrisagion said:
:)
217 reads.........volunteer still needed......
\

Might I suggest craigslist?

Seraffa

Reaction score
Faith
Coptic Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction
The instructions were clear. OO pm for details. I'm just biding my time, showing patience, in the absence of something.
Fr. Peter -- I did respond to your letter.

Seraffa

Reaction score
Faith
Coptic Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction
This may be your view; however, was my reply to your letter understandable?

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
I hope this does not come off wrong, Seraffa, but it seems that you have a bit too high expectations of anonymous internet people who don't know you. If you have a project, wouldn't the best people to work with you be people you know?

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
Jurisdiction
Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
Tasbeha may be a more suitable community to approach for this.

Salpy

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Tasbeha would be perfect.

wgw

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Cast adrift in a lifeboat of the SS Aurora
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
Orthodox
Seraffa; I am very close to St, Anthony's monastery.  Send me a PM with what you have in mind; I am not technically Coptic (my current parish is St. Julian SOC in Victorville), but I am very close with the Abounas and may be able to get you in touch with someone who could help.

Irish45

Elder
Reaction score
Father Peter said:
I think you need to describe your project in a little detail if you want to find a volunteer.
I had to laugh at your point Father, because what he is asking is the equivalent of going up to someone and saying: "I need help with a secret mission, do you accept"?  When I was in the Military and earned a little rank, I would use this line when I needed a volunteer just to see people's reaction.  Obviously no one would accept and then I'd have to tell them what i needed help with. 

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk
Irish45 said:
Father Peter said:
I think you need to describe your project in a little detail if you want to find a volunteer.
I had to laugh at your point Father, because what he is asking is the equivalent of going up to someone and saying: "I need help with a secret mission, do you accept"?  When I was in the Military and earned a little rank, I would use this line when I needed a volunteer just to see people's reaction.  Obviously no one would accept and then I'd have to tell them what i needed help with. 
Too many RPGs.