• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

I don't know what to call this tangent

AntoniousNikolas

Taxiarches
Reaction score
ZealousZeal said:
Amatorus said:
ZealousZeal said:
Amatorus said:
Why are 100 a major deal? Might as well make a thread about the UFOists or Slavic Protestants by Fort Ross
Oh, only 100? Right. Who cares? Wasn't there some parable about how if you're missing, like, 100 sheep, it's negligible... Don't go looking for them. Definitely don't go looking if it were only one.
Yeah but they didn't get lost or die, they just left communion. You're exaggerating the situation. I'm sure they have their own views and arguments and can be persuaded back.
Stop, before you embarrass yourself further.
Careful, zz, you'll make him start stutter typing and creeping everyone out again.

Antonis

Archon
Staff member
Reaction score
I can no longer hold it in.

As of October 8, 2015, I am officially an animeoclast*.

*alternatively spelled "animaeoclast."

Amatorus

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Antonious Nikolas said:
ZealousZeal said:
Amatorus said:
ZealousZeal said:
Amatorus said:
Why are 100 a major deal? Might as well make a thread about the UFOists or Slavic Protestants by Fort Ross
Oh, only 100? Right. Who cares? Wasn't there some parable about how if you're missing, like, 100 sheep, it's negligible... Don't go looking for them. Definitely don't go looking if it were only one.
Yeah but they didn't get lost or die, they just left communion. You're exaggerating the situation. I'm sure they have their own views and arguments and can be persuaded back.
Careful, zz, you'll make him start stutter typing and creeping everyone out again.
Why would you say something like that? What's wrong with you?

Amatorus

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Antonis said:

Then like Empress Irene I shall bring the Triumph of Animedoxy.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Amatorus said:
Antonis said:

That would explain so much.

AntoniousNikolas

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
ZealousZeal said:
Amatorus said:
ZealousZeal said:
Amatorus said:
What's wrong with you?

Amatorus said:
T-thanks  :-[
Amatorus said:
Y-you are mean...
Amatorus said:
I-I'm just a wee lad though.
Volnutt said:
Don't stutter type. It makes you look like a creep or a troll.
Mor Ephrem said:
Yeah, definitely "creep".

Amatorus

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Antonious Nikolas said:
Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
ZealousZeal said:
Amatorus said:
ZealousZeal said:
Amatorus said:
What's wrong with you?

Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Y-you are mean...
Amatorus said:
Volnutt said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Do you know what a bloody joke is, by Saint Polycarp's baked body?

Please refrain from blasphemy.
Salpy
Section Moderator

Amatorus

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Arachne said:
Amatorus said:
Antonis said:

What's wrong with Empress Irene? Do you think a female Roman Emperor is so repulsive? What are you, Charlemagne?

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Amatorus said:
Arachne said:
Amatorus said:
Antonis said:

What's wrong with Empress Irene? Do you think a female Roman Emperor is so repulsive? What are you, Charlemagne?
Grow up.

Amatorus

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Arachne said:
Amatorus said:
Arachne said:
Amatorus said:
Antonis said:

Grow up.
No really, I'm looking at the article to refresh my memory but I don't see what happened that makes Irene so bad.Was it because she indirectly led to the Schism?

Amatorus

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
Who said anything about Empress Irene being bad?  ???
I guess it was their reaction? I thought this was the issue, whatever.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Amatorus said:
TheTrisagion said:
The reaction was to you claiming to be like Empress Irene.

Amatorus

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
Amatorus said:
TheTrisagion said:
But that post was clearly a joke. Where's the offense in that? Was it the fact she's a woman or she partially ledto the Schism or what? Animedoxy isn't even a thing.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Amatorus said:
TheTrisagion said:
Amatorus said:
TheTrisagion said:
But that post was clearly a joke. Where's the offense in that? Was it the fact she's a woman or she partially ledto the Schism or what? Animedoxy isn't even a thing.

Amatorus

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
Amatorus said:
TheTrisagion said:
Amatorus said:
TheTrisagion said:
I FEEL BETTER NOW!

Severian

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Website
www.lsocs.co.uk
This thread is supposed to be about a tragic schism and its ecclesiological and canonical consequences. Take whatever tangential nonsense you are all spewing elsewhere, please.

AntoniousNikolas

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
ZealousZeal said:
Amatorus said:
ZealousZeal said:
Amatorus said:
What's wrong with you?

Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Y-you are mean...
Amatorus said:
Volnutt said:
Mor Ephrem said:
A joke, huh?  So - randomly profaning St. Polycarp aside - you're saying that whole creeptastic little anime weirdo thing you do is just shtick?

Amatorus

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Antonious Nikolas said:
Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
ZealousZeal said:
Amatorus said:
ZealousZeal said:
Amatorus said:
What's wrong with you?

Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Y-you are mean...
Amatorus said:
Volnutt said:
Mor Ephrem said:
A joke, huh?  So - randomly profaning St. Polycarp aside - you're saying that whole creeptastic little anime weirdo thing you do is just shtick?
"This thread is supposed to be about a tragic schism and its ecclesiological and canonical consequences. Take whatever tangential nonsense you are all spewing elsewhere, please. "

JamesRottnek

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
ZealousZeal said:
Amatorus said:
ZealousZeal said:
Amatorus said:
What's wrong with you?

Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Y-you are mean...
Amatorus said:
Volnutt said:
Mor Ephrem said:
"This thread is supposed to be about a tragic schism and its ecclesiological and canonical consequences. Take whatever tangential nonsense you are all spewing elsewhere, please. "
I would recommend removing the shadow effect.  It only serves to make the text difficult to read.

AntoniousNikolas

Taxiarches
Reaction score
minasoliman said:
Well, pre-1994 status, and Fr. Peter can correct me if I'm wrong, is when the BOC was in no communion with any Church, OO or EO.  As Fr. Peter alluded, this is the status they chose, and this means they are essentially in schism.  The reason we are confused is perhaps this is, to put it in very strange terms, the "most civilized schism" we have seen in our lifetime.

I'm sure there was a lot a discussion and debate behind closed doors, but rather than making a spectacle and public defamation about it, they recognized that there is no way they can maintain communion as much as they could for whatever reasons we may find out later as time goes on.
It is grievous that the BOC finds it necessary to leave not just the jurisdiction of the Coptic Church but the OO Communion in its entirety.  With all respect, I don't understand how any jurisdiction - after being received into the communion of the canonical Church - would wish to return to a state in which they are in communion with nobody.

Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
ZealousZeal said:
Amatorus said:
ZealousZeal said:
Amatorus said:
What's wrong with you?

Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Y-you are mean...
Amatorus said:
Volnutt said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Yeah, stop spewing weird, tangential unfunny nonsense.

Amatorus said:
Might as well make a thread about the UFOists or Slavic Protestants by Fort Ross
Amatorus said:
It's part of my conspiracy...
Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
I FEEL BETTER NOW!
And while you're at it, stop being dismissive of what is truly a "tragic schism", even if you don't see it as such because of the numbers involved.

Amatorus

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Antonious Nikolas said:
minasoliman said:
Well, pre-1994 status, and Fr. Peter can correct me if I'm wrong, is when the BOC was in no communion with any Church, OO or EO.  As Fr. Peter alluded, this is the status they chose, and this means they are essentially in schism.  The reason we are confused is perhaps this is, to put it in very strange terms, the "most civilized schism" we have seen in our lifetime.

I'm sure there was a lot a discussion and debate behind closed doors, but rather than making a spectacle and public defamation about it, they recognized that there is no way they can maintain communion as much as they could for whatever reasons we may find out later as time goes on.
It is grievous that the BOC finds it necessary to leave not just the jurisdiction of the Coptic Church but the OO Communion in its entirety.  With all respect, I don't understand how any jurisdiction - after being received into the communion of the canonical Church - would wish to return to a state in which they are in communion with nobody.

Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
ZealousZeal said:
Amatorus said:
ZealousZeal said:
Amatorus said:
What's wrong with you?

Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Y-you are mean...
Amatorus said:
Volnutt said:
Mor Ephrem said:

Amatorus said:
Might as well make a thread about the UFOists or Slavic Protestants by Fort Ross
Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
I FEEL BETTER NOW!
And while you're at it, stop being dismissive of what is truly a "tragic schism", even if you don't see it as such because of the numbers involved.
Do you enjoy being a sadistic bully?

AntoniousNikolas

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
minasoliman said:

Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
ZealousZeal said:
Amatorus said:
ZealousZeal said:
Amatorus said:
What's wrong with you?

Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Y-you are mean...
Amatorus said:
Volnutt said:
Mor Ephrem said:

Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
I FEEL BETTER NOW!
Only as much as you enjoy being a provocateur and then playing the victim when people call you on it.  Now stop spewing tangential nonsense.

JamesRottnek

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Antonious Nikolas said:
Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
minasoliman said:

Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
ZealousZeal said:
Amatorus said:
ZealousZeal said:
Amatorus said:
What's wrong with you?

Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Y-you are mean...
Amatorus said:
Volnutt said:
Mor Ephrem said:

Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
I FEEL BETTER NOW!
Only as much as you enjoy being a provocateur and then playing the victim when people call you on it.  Now stop spewing tangential nonsense.
But what if they ARE a victim?

AntoniousNikolas

Taxiarches
Reaction score
JamesRottnek said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
minasoliman said:

Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
ZealousZeal said:
Amatorus said:
ZealousZeal said:
Amatorus said:
What's wrong with you?

Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Y-you are mean...
Amatorus said:
Volnutt said:
Mor Ephrem said:

Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
I FEEL BETTER NOW!
Not the case here.

Amatorus

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Antonious Nikolas said:
JamesRottnek said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
minasoliman said:

Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
ZealousZeal said:
Amatorus said:
ZealousZeal said:
Amatorus said:
What's wrong with you?

Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Y-you are mean...
Amatorus said:
Volnutt said:
Mor Ephrem said:

Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
I FEEL BETTER NOW!
Not the case here.
The case is you're placing Pharisaical false judgement, accusations, and labels on people you know nothing about. W-w-why d-does t-typing like t-this....b-bother you s-so much~? ;_;

JamesRottnek

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
JamesRottnek said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
minasoliman said:

Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
ZealousZeal said:
Amatorus said:
ZealousZeal said:
Amatorus said:
What's wrong with you?

Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Y-you are mean...
Amatorus said:
Volnutt said:
Mor Ephrem said:

Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
I FEEL BETTER NOW!
Not the case here.
The case is you're placing Pharisaical false judgement, accusations, and labels on people you know nothing about. W-w-why d-does t-typing like t-this....b-bother you s-so much~? ;_;
I could tell you why it bothers me, but I'd probably get in trouble for taking this WAAAAY off topic, and disturbing the public.

Amatorus

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
JamesRottnek said:
Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
JamesRottnek said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
minasoliman said:

Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
ZealousZeal said:
Amatorus said:
ZealousZeal said:
Amatorus said:
What's wrong with you?

Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Y-you are mean...
Amatorus said:
Volnutt said:
Mor Ephrem said:

Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
I FEEL BETTER NOW!
Not the case here.
I could tell you why it bothers me, but I'd probably get in trouble for taking this WAAAAY off topic, and disturbing the public.
I would really love to hear, if you absolutely can't post it here just PM me.

Salpy

Toumarches
Reaction score
Back on topic, everyone.  For those who can't remember what the topic was, please look at the OP.

Reaction score
Website
newseminaryproject.org
[/quote]
It is pretty serious to schismate from the Church. It isn't like quitting the Elk Lodge.

[/quote]

yeah, thats why I refused to join the Knights of columbus when they tried to make me a deal I couldn't refuse, i still said "no". Leaving both roman catholicism AND the knights of columbus is double trouble!

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
ZealousZeal said:
Amatorus said:
ZealousZeal said:
Amatorus said:
What's wrong with you?

Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Y-you are mean...
Amatorus said:
Volnutt said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Is this how you were taught to speak of the saints?

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
Opus118 said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
Opus118 said:
But to further clarify, my thought was inspired by Ram Dass in the book/movies entitled "A Little Princess".
I'm unfamiliar with the work.  How does it give one the impression that the BOC might be populated by Malayalees?  Is this simply because of Britain's colonial history in India?
If you were once a little girl, you would know the story. And it is just because there are Indians in Great Britain. Nothing more.
Were you once a little girl?

This is applicable to so many...and would explain so much

Amatorus

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
PeterTheAleut said:
Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
ZealousZeal said:
Amatorus said:
ZealousZeal said:
Amatorus said:
What's wrong with you?

Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Y-you are mean...
Amatorus said:
Volnutt said:
Mor Ephrem said:
I'm sorry, believe or not that oath is a verbatim quote from the character Wyrd from the book Raptor.

Schultz

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Website
www.theidlegossip.com
Amatorus said:
PeterTheAleut said:
Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
ZealousZeal said:
Amatorus said:
ZealousZeal said:
Amatorus said:
What's wrong with you?

Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Y-you are mean...
Amatorus said:
Volnutt said:
Mor Ephrem said:
I'm sorry, believe or not that oath is a verbatim quote from the character Wyrd from the book Raptor.
that doesn't mean you should repeat it.  Nice try.

Amatorus

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Schultz said:
Amatorus said:
PeterTheAleut said:
Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
Amatorus said:
Antonious Nikolas said:
ZealousZeal said:
Amatorus said:
ZealousZeal said:
Amatorus said:
What's wrong with you?

Amatorus said:
Amatorus said:
Y-you are mean...
Amatorus said:
Volnutt said:
Mor Ephrem said:
that doesn't mean you should repeat it.  Nice try.
Nice try? "You're a wizard, Harry." Better? I just implied the existence and support of eldritch black magicks most sinister. By the Old Testament, I should be burned at the stake.