• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

I figured out where the depiction of "Baphomet" comes from

Eamonomae

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Technically Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction
But unknown at this time
I figured it out. I've connected all the dots.

1. Around the 2nd Temple Period, the Apocryphal "Testament of Solomon" is circulated among Jewish and Jewish-Christian communities (probably Christian, because it identifies Christ as the Messiah)

The "Testament of Solomon" tells the tale of how Saint Michael visits King Solomon, and gives him a ring with a five pointed star, "God's sign", to command demons to do his bidding. He then uses the demons to build the Temple.

2. As it's an Apocryphal text, it isn't canonical but this story becomes a part of Oral Tradition among Jews and Christians, in the same way that Satan refused to bow / serve Adam and Eve [from the Apocryphal "Gospel of Adam"], or the Virgin Mary as a Temple Virgin [from the Apocryphal "Protoevangelium of James"]

3. Islam starts.

4. As we know, Islam pretty much copies and paste much of Jewish and Christian Written and Oral Tradition [including Iblis / Satan refusing to bow to Adam]

5. Islam copies and pastes this story of Solomon; however, as time goes on due to oral tradition, the star becomes six pointed instead of five pointed. This story becomes incorporated into the Quran.

https://menasymbolism.com/2018/12/21/the-seal-of-solomon/

6. Because this story is a part of the Quran, a lot of Muslims begin trying to command demons ("jinns") using a ring with Solomon's Hexagram to do their bidding.

7. This becomes so widespread that even today, in our Secular Western Culture, we all know the tale of finding a magic lamp / ring, rubbing it, and a genie (genie = jinn = demon) granting you three wishes - and how often times, they will grant you what you want but in ways that are deceptive / you don't want.

This comes from Muslims doing this practice.

8. Here are a few depictions of demons / djinns from Medieval Islamic Illuminated Manuscripts

Kabbalistic Jews begin copying the Muslims by reincorporating the Hexagram into their practices to command demons to do their bidding

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seal_of_Solomon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_of_David#Kabbalistic_use

10. The Templars are accused of engaging in magical practice, talking and worshipping a spirit through a head called "Baphomet".

Eliphas Levi, the apostate Catholic priest who revived Kabbalism, based on his own magical practices, interprets the whole fiasco of the Templars as bored, young single men in the desert who learn about Muslims commanding djinns through "Solomon's ring", so they begin trying it to have some fun and doing it.

He then draws "Baphomet" based on Islamic demonic depictions, believing that Baphomet was a Jinn that was commanded by the Templars / worshipped by the Templars to get money / power / romance

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Patriarchate of Antioch
I replied as like in appreciation of the information you compiled. I would rather rate it as informative in some fashion. It seems to have produced much tragedy & misery in human history. May these horrible things be exorcised from our spiritual understandings.

Eamonomae

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
But unknown at this time
I replied as like in appreciation of the information you compiled. I would rather rate it as informative in some fashion. It seems to have produced much tragedy & misery in human history. May these horrible things be exorcised from our spiritual understandings.
Also, one thing I forgot to mention (although it's implied):

Kabbalah includes the practice of commanding demons via the Hexagram.

As it would be something he was familiar with, he probably would've seen similarities with what happened with the Templars and drew the conclusion that they were commanding demons using a similar methodology.

Katechon

Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
ROC-MP
The Baphomet is an alchemical symbol of the mixing together of opposites and thus a representation of the gnostic and satanist conception of God. Eliphas Levi is also to be read with utmost care, since he wasn't an exactly honest scholar of these things.

Eamonomae

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
But unknown at this time
The Baphomet is an alchemical symbol of the mixing together of opposites and thus a representation of the gnostic and satanist conception of God. Eliphas Levi is also to be read with utmost care, since he wasn't an exactly honest scholar of these things.
Yeah, but I don't think it's without significance he titled it the same deity at the Templars were accused of worshipping. Perhaps it was to encapsulate good and evil (The Templars (good) worshipping a demon (evil)).

But the most mystifying thing about that figure is the fact that the Templars, historically, as far as we know, did not worship anything like that; according to the records, they had a head or a skull. So where does the goat come from?

Well now we know. I can't find it coincidental that we have Islamic illuminated manuscripts that depict the demons almost identically to that figure.

Maybe he's giving a nod to the fact that they were working with a djinn.

He isn't honest, I agree - I've yet to find any ancient Kabbalistic practice that says you can access God through evil and fallen angels (if Satan is real, that has to be the funniest heresy that he's come up with) - the closest thing to this dualism that I've found Amram's Dream from the Dead Sea Scrolls, where Melchizedek, the angel of light, and Belial, the angel of darkness, both claim to be the judge of the soul after death - but that doesn't suggest you can find salvation through Belial.

I have to say, while I think he's wrong on many a things, his commentary on Revelation and Ezekiel might be the best non-Patristic commentary out there.
He's one of the few authors that gives a completely valid soteriological interpretation as to why the Cherubs have multiple heads (namely, even the multiple head angels are more spectacular than the single headed animal idols the pagans worship, let alone God who alone deserves worship).

Last edited:

Katechon

Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
ROC-MP
I have to say, while I think he's wrong on many a things, his commentary on Revelation and Ezekiel might be the best non-Patristic commentary out there.
That's a pretty mindless and disgusting statement. You might wanna recommend Aleister Crowley for his "insight" into Liturgical symbolism next.

Eamonomae

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
But unknown at this time
That's a pretty mindless and disgusting statement. You might wanna recommend Aleister Crowley for his "insight" into Liturgical symbolism next.
You should probably read a book before having an opinion on it. If you think it’s spiritually dangerous, then don’t have an opinion.

Katechon

Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
ROC-MP
You should probably read a book before having an opinion on it. If you think it’s spiritually dangerous, then don’t have an opinion.
Dude, I have spent enough time with works of that ilk to conclude that the statement you made is ignorant (of the deceptive nature of statements from people in esoteric and hermetic cults especially regarding symbology) and disgusting (given that it is a Satanic inversion), and that you should refrain from advertising them in a public fashion.

Is this the fruit of you turning your back on Orthodoxy?

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
(namely, even the multiple head angels are more spectacular than the single headed animal idols the pagans worship, let alone God who alone deserves worship).
Don't several pagan deities have more than one head?

Eamonomae

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
But unknown at this time
Is this the fruit of you turning your back on Orthodoxy?
I was never Orthodox, literally or spiritually.

After attending a parish for 3 years and wasting weekends at the Church's soup kitchen, I apparently wasn't Orthodox enough to become a catechumen for the rector. It was also his decision, because the assistant Priest loved me like a son and wanted me to convert as quickly as possible.

Mind you, a literal white supremacist who never hesitated to talk about how much he hated ethnic Jews became confirmed and married in the parish.

As Saint John Chrysostom said, the road to Hell is paved with the skulls of priests.

However, I consider it a blessing in disguise.

The truth is, I was interested in Orthodoxy for...I guess you could say "Luciferian" reasons.

After being at the bottom of the social hierarchy as a teenager (due, in part, to uncontrollable factors in my life, including my parents' social dysfunctionality and genetics), and seeing the animalistic way the irrational impulses of men dictated every ebb and flow of their life - guys viewing girls as disposable sexual toilets, girls obsessed with the most petty status things to the point they got "mentally ill" but still pretended they were innocent angels, the way drugs and alcohol dictated the lives of teenagers, the way sport competitions were seen as an end of themselves, I thought I could rise above everyone and become something great through Orthodoxy. I could overcome my passions and raise my mind above myself, and finally have the last laugh, looking down at these useless disposable dogs.

In the end, I was lying to myself. The goals of the Abrahamic religions generally are not at all compatible with what I intended to achieve.

So I'm in the void of nothingness, alone, where nothing exists but empty space and me. In other words, hell.

Right now, I'm spiritually in a dilemma.

The only options for me now is to purge the inner darkness within me, finally, and become a manifestation of God's Will, "Good Tidings", on earth, effectively killing my "self", or subduing the darkness within my "self' becoming one with it, becoming a ruler of a world off my own imagining, with the Earth as a mere playfield for my story, where I am the protagonist with the curtains closing in death.

It's the difference between accepting Satan's Offer to become Emperor of the World, or to be part of a Kingdom not of this world.

Which one do you choose?

Last edited:

Eamonomae

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
But unknown at this time
I will say that a demon who identifies herself as the Whore of Babylon (although she goes by the name of an ancient Japanese Deity) did introduce me to Eliphas Levi, so you aren't technically wrong.

Stinky

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Near/far
23 But Jesus answered them, saying, “The hour has come that the Son of Man should be glorified. 24 Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much [a]grain. 25 He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. 26 If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor.

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
OCA
The truth is, I was interested in Orthodoxy for...I guess you could say "Luciferian" reasons.

In the end, I was lying to myself. The goals of the Abrahamic religions generally are not at all compatible with what I intended to achieve.

So I'm in the void of nothingness, alone, where nothing exists but empty space and me. In other words, hell.

It's the difference between accepting Satan's Offer to become Emperor of the World, or to be part of a Kingdom not of this world.

Which one do you choose?
1. Ever think maybe your "Luciferian" reasons for pursuing Orthodoxy have to do with why you were never enrolled as a catechumen?
2. You're rejecting abrahamic religion but reading books suggested by demons and ex Catholic priests? Seems awfully abrahamic to me.
3. Have you ever considered the possibility of changing your goals?
4. That difference is exactly right. Temporal enjoyment, eternal nothingness for Satan's kingdom. Temporal "nothingness" (denying the flesh) for eternal bliss and becoming who we were created to be. Seems like one choice is more logical and it isn't the first one.

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Lord, have mercy on your servant.

Eamonomae

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
But unknown at this time
1. Ever think maybe your "Luciferian" reasons for pursuing Orthodoxy have to do with why you were never enrolled as a catechumen?
Nah, it was the reason I pursued Christianity generally since I was a very young age. It was my way of deep resentment towards people who looked down on me; I had an outlook to look down on them. I still sort of do.

2. You're rejecting abrahamic religion but reading books suggested by demons and ex Catholic priests? Seems awfully abrahamic to me.
The Buddha said his own teachings were like his finger pointing to the moon, and warned about poking your eye out with his finger. Maybe Christianity is similar with Christ's own finger pointing towards His heart.

Plus, if you are very mindful, you'll know that there's certain aspects of the picture you are missing. You can't just ignore Enoch, for example - why is it that every Church Father (including the Apostles) for the first two hundred years of Christianity believed in that? What about Saint Paul's Baptism of the Dead? Saint Paul's Three Heavens? Why did the Apostles worship in the Temple? What did Christ mean when He said "Where the corpse is, there the Eagles will gather" (Corpse = rotting dead body, usually in Sheol)? Who is the Leviathan that God kills in Isaiah and Job? Why is it that Isaiah mentions in passing that God's Divine Assembly is on top of Mount Zaphon and Eden is close to it - and this is never mentioned again?

4. That difference is exactly right. Temporal enjoyment, eternal nothingness for Satan's kingdom. Temporal "nothingness" (denying the flesh) for eternal bliss and becoming who we were created to be. Seems like one choice is more logical and it isn't the first one.
Who knows if we'll even end up in hell? Do you know? Do you even know with 100% certainty that there is a hell? What if Hell is just the experience of God and not a location? How do you know it's eternal? Sure, by Faith, but do you think your Faith is more literal or soteriological?

Question - do you think there's perhaps a reason why hell is fire? I'll give you a hint: Satan using his fiery hell darts at your flesh.

I've spent my whole life worrying about the future, judgment, and hell. Regardless if I go with God or not, I need to be more in the present anyways, so why worry about what happens? Just do your best and die knowing you did your best.

Last edited:

Eamonomae

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
But unknown at this time
Also, Satan's path is a lot of hard work and discipline. It's the same path as Hercules / Caesar. In a certain sense it takes the same amount of self-asceticism as Christian asceticism.

The moment you show weakness is the moment you die and the demons drag you into hell. Every single deal you make with demons that end up with them owning you is made from weakness.

Just look at Epstein. All that power, all that influence. The moment he couldn't keep it in his pants, he died strangled like a prisonmate who wanted his owed smokes.

I am leaning towards the light, but I still need to undo a lot of my unjust motivations.

It's not easy to give up your life to gain it after you die. John 6.

Eamonomae

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
But unknown at this time
I want to give another point that's pertinent.

If you dig deep into the cosmology of Christianity, you will discover some interesting things.

So, the word angel - in Greek - literally means "messenger". In traditional Christian and Jewish hierarchies of angels, there are ranks of angels hat are fundamentally different beings that serve various roles besides a messenger.

In Hebrew, the word for "seraph" can alternatively be translated as serpent. It's not the same word as "serpent" as used in Genesis, it's a different word, but in the Book of Enoch, those terms (the word for serpent as used in Genesis and the word for Seraph) are used interchangeably.

Additionally, the word for serpent in it's verb form and adjectival form can mean "to make divine" and "shining", respectively.

The word for "seraph" etymologically comes from the Egyptian word which means serpent.

We also have Jewish seals from the time of the Prophet Isaiah that depict angels from the time of Isaiah looking serpent-like, and Seraphs surrounding God's throne as serpents. Scholar Benjamin D. Sommer specifically identifies 273 as Yahweh being symbolically depicted as a disk, with a crown above him, the serpents being Seraph surrounding His throne.

It might give a whole new meaning as to why Satan appears as a serpent in Eden, or the snakes with fiery bites in the desert (demons / fallen angels) that needed a statue of the Bronze Serpent to be healed.

Watch this video where I got my source - the dude is a Hebrew, Evangelical Christian Scholar and posts these insanely informative videos.

The story of Satan and his angels being kicked out of heaven should be familiar. As the angelic association with Eagles (Isaiah and Revelation, but also traditional art).

Additionally, Jewish traditional cosmology identified Four Archangels with the Four Directions (called the "Four Great Winds" in the Old Testament) - they are Uriel (North), Michael (South), Raphael (East), and Gabriel (West). In fact, a traditional Jewish prayer called "Kriat Shma" asks for protection "from Michael to my right, Gabriel to my left, Raphael behind me, and over my head God's Holy Spirit."

The Book of Isaiah also identifies the place of the Divine Council / Assembly, a theme repeated throughout the whole Bible, as located on "Mount Zaphon", which is near Eden.

Additionally, if you read Father Seraphim Rose, Eden is not a literal place located on the Earth. By extension, neither is Mount Zaphon.

Also, what separates Heaven from Earth is a "firmament" separating the waters above the Earth from Heaven, beyond the waters is Heaven.

So to recap

1. We have a story of beings in a Heavenly Realm who serve God
2. These beings are depicted as serpents and eagles
3. The "place of assembly" is on top of a Mountain called Zaphon
4. Some of the angels were kicked out due to their behavior, and now they are demons who are at constant war with Heaven trying to overthrow it, but they can't succeed
5. We have Four beings in this Heavenly Realm who have prominent leadership, who are associated with each of the Four Directions, called "The Four Great Winds"
6. Heaven and Earth separated by waters

_______

So like let's talk about Buddhist cosmology.

There are several levels of Heaven in Buddhism, and as you go higher and higher the realms become more and more disconnected from the Earth and less and less material.

The two lowest levels are the closest to the Earth.

The first is the "Realm of the Four Great Kings"

In this Realm there are a wide variety of different beings, but pertinent are the "Nagas" and the "Garudas"

The Garudas are celestial eagle-like beings who are in constant rivalry with the Nagas, who are celestial serpent-like beings.

The Four Great Kings have rulership over the entirety of the Realm, and each of them are associated with Four Directions:

Their names are Vaisravana of the North, Virudhaka of the South, Dhrtarastra of the East, and Virupaska of the West. In Zen Buddhist services, the practitioners will bow four times in each of the four directions honoring these entities.

Now get this.

The realm above the Realm of the Four Great Kings is called "Parinirmita-vaśavartin", which is the Realm of the devas, or the gods, chief of whom is Sakkra.

The beings in the Realm of the Four Great Kings are Vassals to the gods in Parinirmita-vasavartin heaven.

Additionally, Parinimita-vasavartin Heaven, and the gods, is located on top of Mount Meru, which is a celestial mountain (our earth orbits around it apparently).

There was also a story where there were previous gods who reincarnated as gods on Mount Meru, and this Heaven had a beverage called "divine drink" which one could become intoxicated on. Sakhra warned them not to.

These previous gods ignored the warning and got scandalously drunk, to which Sakhra said "these ones aren't fit for Heaven, we need not heedless ones such as these", and they were tossed out of Mount Meru and went tumbling down the mountain. They apparently cried out "We won't drink liquor! We won't drink liquor!", from which they were given the name "Asuras" as they tumbled down the mountain.

Now these asuras have lost their glory and are now demented and evil, and exist in a parallel realm to Heaven where they are consumed by painful hedonism.

They also want to overthrow Heaven and regain their place there, so they are in constant warfare with the gods and the Realm of the Four Great Kings. However, they never can.

Also, each of the realms are seperated by water.

So to summarize:

1. We have a story of beings in the Realm of the Four Great Kings who serve the gods in Heaven
2. These beings often take the form of serpent-like and eagle-like creatures
3. The gods live on top of a Mountain called Mount Meru
4. Some of the gods were kicked out due to their behavior, and now they are asuras who are at constant war with Heaven trying to overthrow it, but they can't succeed
5. We have four rulers over the realm of the Four Great Kings, who are associated with each of the Four Directions, called "The Four Great Kings"
6. Each of the realms are separated by waters

Compare:

3. The "place of assembly of God" is on top of a Mountain called Mount Zaphon
4. Some of the angels were kicked out due to their behavior, and now they are demons who are at constant war with God trying to overthrow Him, but they can't succeed
5. We have Four beings in this Heavenly Realm who have prominent leadership, who are associated with each of the Four Directions, called "The Four Great Winds"
6. Heaven and Earth are separated by waters

Sources:

Chances are in your Faith you didn't know any of this stuff. It may also confirm your Faith that a lot of the Biblical cosmology can be found in one of the largest religions of the world. However, many Buddhists might say the same thing and say that the fact that these things are found in the Bible confirms their own Faith.

Either way, your own Faith pointed to things you weren't previously aware of regarding your own cosmology which you likely believe in. It might have also pointed to some Buddhist cosmology that may be the truth, or both may be pointing to something greater.

By the way, we need not to mention that the feminine figure that East Asian Buddhists worship, Guan Yin, was allegedly a female ascetic on the road to Buddhahood, and she's depicted with oceans stepping on / riding a dragon, and affectionately called "The Barque of Salvation" or "The Boat of Salvation"

Not at all like the Virgin Mary, an ascetic Temple Virgin who gave birth to Christ, called the "Ark of Salvation" in the Byzantine liturgy, and in Roman art is depicted stepping on the serpent and associated with oceans (hence the Latin name "Maria")

Last edited:

Eamonomae

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
But unknown at this time
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I need a girlfriend - you need someone to stop you from going down these deep rabbit holes.

Katechon

Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
ROC-MP
I want to give another point that's pertinent.

If you dig deep into the cosmology of Christianity, you will discover some interesting things.

So, the word angel - in Greek - literally means "messenger". In traditional Christian and Jewish hierarchies of angels, there are ranks of angels hat are fundamentally different beings that serve various roles besides a messenger.

In Hebrew, the word for "seraph" can alternatively be translated as serpent. It's not the same word as "serpent" as used in Genesis, it's a different word, but in the Book of Enoch, those terms (the word for serpent as used in Genesis and the word for Seraph) are used interchangeably.

Additionally, the word for serpent in it's verb form and adjectival form can mean "to make divine" and "shining", respectively.

The word for "seraph" etymologically comes from the Egyptian word which means serpent.

We also have Jewish seals from the time of the Prophet Isaiah that depict angels from the time of Isaiah looking serpent-like, and Seraphs surrounding God's throne as serpents. Scholar Benjamin D. Sommer specifically identifies 273 as Yahweh being symbolically depicted as a disk, with a crown above him, the serpents being Seraph surrounding His throne.

It might give a whole new meaning as to why Satan appears as a serpent in Eden, or the snakes with fiery bites in the desert (demons / fallen angels) that needed a statue of the Bronze Serpent to be healed.

Watch this video where I got my source - the dude is a Hebrew, Evangelical Christian Scholar and posts these insanely informative videos.

The story of Satan and his angels being kicked out of heaven should be familiar. As the angelic association with Eagles (Isaiah and Revelation, but also traditional art).

Additionally, Jewish traditional cosmology identified Four Archangels with the Four Directions (called the "Four Great Winds" in the Old Testament) - they are Uriel (North), Michael (South), Raphael (East), and Gabriel (West). In fact, a traditional Jewish prayer called "Kriat Shma" asks for protection "from Michael to my right, Gabriel to my left, Raphael behind me, and over my head God's Holy Spirit."

The Book of Isaiah also identifies the place of the Divine Council / Assembly, a theme repeated throughout the whole Bible, as located on "Mount Zaphon", which is near Eden.

Additionally, if you read Father Seraphim Rose, Eden is not a literal place located on the Earth. By extension, neither is Mount Zaphon.

Also, what separates Heaven from Earth is a "firmament" separating the waters above the Earth from Heaven, beyond the waters is Heaven.

So to recap

3. The "place of assembly" is on top of a Mountain called Zaphon
4. Some of the angels were kicked out due to their behavior, and now they are demons who are at constant war with Heaven trying to overthrow it, but they can't succeed
6. Heaven and Earth separated by waters

_______

So like let's talk about Buddhist cosmology.

There are several levels of Heaven in Buddhism, and as you go higher and higher the realms become more and more disconnected from the Earth and less and less material.

The two lowest levels are the closest to the Earth.

The first is the "Realm of the Four Great Kings"

In this Realm there are a wide variety of different beings, but pertinent are the "Nagas" and the "Garudas"

The Garudas are celestial eagle-like beings who are in constant rivalry with the Nagas, who are celestial serpent-like beings.

The Four Great Kings have rulership over the entirety of the Realm, and each of them are associated with Four Directions:

Their names are Vaisravana of the North, Virudhaka of the South, Dhrtarastra of the East, and Virupaska of the West. In Zen Buddhist services, the practitioners will bow four times in each of the four directions honoring these entities.

Now get this.

The realm above the Realm of the Four Great Kings is called "Parinirmita-vaśavartin", which is the Realm of the devas, or the gods, chief of whom is Sakkra.

The beings in the Realm of the Four Great Kings are Vassals to the gods in Parinirmita-vasavartin heaven.

Additionally, Parinimita-vasavartin Heaven, and the gods, is located on top of Mount Meru, which is a celestial mountain (our earth orbits around it apparently).

There was also a story where there were previous gods who reincarnated as gods on Mount Meru, and this Heaven had a beverage called "divine drink" which one could become intoxicated on. Sakhra warned them not to.

These previous gods ignored the warning and got scandalously drunk, to which Sakhra said "these ones aren't fit for Heaven, we need not heedless ones such as these", and they were tossed out of Mount Meru and went tumbling down the mountain. They apparently cried out "We won't drink liquor! We won't drink liquor!", from which they were given the name "Asuras" as they tumbled down the mountain.

Now these asuras have lost their glory and are now demented and evil, and exist in a parallel realm to Heaven where they are consumed by painful hedonism.

They also want to overthrow Heaven and regain their place there, so they are in constant warfare with the gods and the Realm of the Four Great Kings. However, they never can.

Also, each of the realms are seperated by water.

So to summarize:

1. We have a story of beings in the Realm of the Four Great Kings who serve the gods in Heaven
2. These beings often take the form of serpent-like and eagle-like creatures
3. The gods live on top of a Mountain called Mount Meru
4. Some of the gods were kicked out due to their behavior, and now they are asuras who are at constant war with Heaven trying to overthrow it, but they can't succeed
5. We have four rulers over the realm of the Four Great Kings, who are associated with each of the Four Directions, called "The Four Great Kings"
6. Each of the realms are separated by waters

Compare:

3. The "place of assembly of God" is on top of a Mountain called Mount Zaphon
4. Some of the angels were kicked out due to their behavior, and now they are demons who are at constant war with God trying to overthrow Him, but they can't succeed
6. Heaven and Earth are separated by waters

Sources:

Chances are in your Faith you didn't know any of this stuff. It may also confirm your Faith that a lot of the Biblical cosmology can be found in one of the largest religions of the world. However, many Buddhists might say the same thing and say that the fact that these things are found in the Bible confirms their own Faith.

Either way, your own Faith pointed to things you weren't previously aware of regarding your own cosmology which you likely believe in. It might have also pointed to some Buddhist cosmology that may be the truth, or both may be pointing to something greater.

By the way, we need not to mention that the feminine figure that East Asian Buddhists worship, Guan Yin, was allegedly a female ascetic on the road to Buddhahood, and she's depicted with oceans stepping on / riding a dragon, and affectionately called "The Barque of Salvation" or "The Boat of Salvation"

Not at all like the Virgin Mary, an ascetic Temple Virgin who gave birth to Christ, called the "Ark of Salvation" in the Byzantine liturgy, and in Roman art is depicted stepping on the serpent and associated with oceans (hence the Latin name "Maria")

This inverted bastardization is propably the endgame of Tradcatism. What a very sad state of affairs.

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why I need a girlfriend - you need someone to stop you from going down these deep rabbit holes.
That would be yourself. :) You really don't want to put that responsibility in anyone else's hands; you'll just end up resenting them.

Stinky

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Near/far
going down these deep rabbit holes.
Snakes can be found in rabbit holes. Watch where you step and what you eat. The hunger to know it all was the temptation in the garden: knowledge of Good and Evil. Seek rather the kingdom of God. Seek after righteousness. Trust the rest in Gods hands. It has something to do with the simple position of where our face is gazing. Gaze at the uncreated Light and walk towards that Light, Who is Christ, the Son of the Living God. Turn your back on darkness. The chains cannot hold you when you call upon your Creator who loves you with great love. The choice is yours.
Lord Jesus Christ Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.

Eamonomae

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
But unknown at this time
This inverted bastardization is propably the endgame of Tradcatism. What a very sad state of affairs.
What is wrong about this? Is there anything objectively wrong with what I posted?

Eamonomae

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
But unknown at this time
That would be yourself. :) You really don't want to put that responsibility in anyone else's hands; you'll just end up resenting them.
It was a joke

imagine me ever getting a gf

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
It’s a common enough feeling. But with a pessimistic, defeatist attitude, it either won’t happen or you’ll attract the wrong kind of girl.

Stinky

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Near/far
May God grant Light for your path and also strength to refuse the turkish delight.

RaphaCam

Patriarch of Trashposting
Reaction score
Website
em-espirito-e-em-verdade.blogspot.com
Faith
Big-O Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Exarchate of Gotham City
Muhammad, which is pronounced Mohammed in many dialects and has an h far hissier than English, could easily be heard as Mofammed, and as soon as the first vowels are inverted the course from there to Baphomet is easy to see. Muhammad is still Mahomet in French, and I've seen old Portuguese texts saying Mafoma and Mafomede.

Eamonomae

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
But unknown at this time
I am serious. Self-pity can be another form of narcissism.
No crap. I wonder how much Orthodox Christians who whine "Whoah is me, I'm a worse sinner than Judas" are really narcissists.

Eamonomae

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
But unknown at this time
No crap. I wonder how much Orthodox Christians who whine "Whoah is me, I'm a worse sinner than Judas" are really narcissists.
*Woe

sestir

bokareis
Reaction score
Website
weihos.eu
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
independent
I am serious. Self-pity can be another form of narcissism.
When we raise issues with organizations or society, we often get the question: "How has this affected you personally?" by some dishonest bystander. From there, they typically try to make us out as narcissists, cry-babies, losers and biased. It would be great to have a thread with advice on how to escape that trap.