• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

I wish I could read lips

BrotherAidan

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
I wish I could read lips because when Troy Polamolu of the Steelers got hurt today and they showed him on the sideline he was reciting some prayer I am sure (his lips were moving). He is a very devout Orthodox convert. He was a non-denominational devout Christian before and now he is Orthodox.

A friend of mine sent me an a recent interview: on his days off he and his wife go to a nearby monaster for prayer together. He states that devoting himself to a life of prayer and being a good husband are his top priorities in life.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
He's very devout: active member of the parish, went on a pilgrimage this year to Mt Athos and Constantinople, is excited about Orthodoxy (and not just because of his wife).  Great role model and member of the Church.  I may still hate the Steelers, but I deeply respect Troy.

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Orthodox Church in America
I just found out recently that Mr. Polamalu played his high school ball in my home state of Oregon, for the Trojans of Douglas High School in the small southern Oregon town of Winston.