• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

I wish this could be called Christian News

genesisone

Archon
Reaction score
You may have heard about the out of control fire in northern Alberta that is seriously threatening the city of Fort McMurray, population 80 000. Tens of thousands of residents are being evacuated and there is the real concern that the entire city will be lost to the flames. Road travel southward is difficult because of the fire and lack of resources along the way until one reaches Edmonton and other cities. This article touched me greatly. I really don't have words to express my feelings. Just read (watch the video - I don't know if it's available where you are) and pray.

genesisone

Archon
Reaction score
I've just heard it confirmed that they are evacuating the entire city - about 90 000 people. One road out. Limited supplies of gasoline and other necessities.