• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Icon Recommendations

xOrthodox4Christx

Taxiarches
Reaction score
I thought I'd make a page where people can submit their recommendations of icons that people can go to if they're out of ideas as to what to look for.

I'm in need of a couple of new icons, so what would people recommend?

LBK

Toumarches
Reaction score
Of which saints or feasts are you after?

xOrthodox4Christx

Taxiarches
Reaction score
I actually got some ideas. I don't have icons of my parish saints, so I will get those.

Zephyr7

Reaction score
First, let my ask why do you think "you are in need of a couple of new icons" :)

It's like you're saying "I'm in a need of introducing new Saints into my life". Icons are not ordinary objects like chairs or tables, they are a depiction of the better world, transformed by God.

So, it's much better to become familiar with a specific Saint first, then establish a bond with this Saint - and then purchasing His or Her icon.

For example: I came across a book by St. Paisios of Mount Athos - I became totally fascinated with this amazing Person, started to pray to Him - and now I'm thinking of buying an icon with His image :)

Zephyr7

Reaction score
With all due respect :) It is not an icon!

It's hard to find a good picture, but maybe a Zinon-style icon?