• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

I'm Convinced.

WPM

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Faith
Ethiopian Jew
Hello,

I am fully convinced the wisest choice is to follow the Pope of Rome as the Apostolic Regulum Fidei of Sacred Scripture. (As I read the Scriptures.)

While I have learned some things from the Orthodox Christians.

WPM

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Faith
Ethiopian Jew
Nathanael said:
Mentally or nousally convinced?
Yeah, the Mind or mentality . . Also the body and spirit.

platypus

High Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Orthodox Church in America
WPM, could you tell us why you've decided to cross the Tiber?

WPM

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Faith
Ethiopian Jew
platypus said:
Basically, the Catholic Pope's "Come Home to Rome" deal. (I think discussed it in 2006.)

Vanhyo

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
BOC
Wandile said:
Glory to God.
The glory is always to God, a right heart will correctly acknowledge this, such will also acknowledge it is not always for his mercy but also for his justice. When a person is given over to his delusions it seems to me that such justly get what he asks for, however in this case it is proper to say Lord have mercy.

PorphyriosK

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
ROCOR
"Et tu, Wesley?"

rakovsky

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
rakovskii.livejournal.com
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
Vanhyo said:
It says:
Fatima, Forgeries, Frauds & Fantasies: Jay Dyer / Snek / George (Free Half)
Tonight we cover the long list of papal forgeries long used for centuries to back up the more absurd papal claims, such as universal temporal and *monetary* supremacy.  We will look at the more well known examples like the Donation of Constantine, as well as lesser known documents, and in part 2 touch on Fatima and other so-called "apparitions" which now replace the  authentic direct experience of God with superstition and histrionics.  The full talk is available for subscribers to JaysAnalysis.com

Vanhyo

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
BOC
rakovsky said:
Vanhyo said:
It says:
Fatima, Forgeries, Frauds & Fantasies: Jay Dyer / Snek / George (Free Half)
Tonight we cover the long list of papal forgeries long used for centuries to back up the more absurd papal claims, such as universal temporal and *monetary* supremacy.  We will look at the more well known examples like the Donation of Constantine, as well as lesser known documents, and in part 2 touch on Fatima and other so-called "apparitions" which now replace the  authentic direct experience of God with superstition and histrionics.  The full talk is available for subscribers to JaysAnalysis.com
Yeah sorry, forgot about the rule that requires to explain what exactly is in the link.

WPM

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Faith
Ethiopian Jew
PorphyriosK said:
"Et tu, Wesley?"
Yes, I am fully aware and cognizant of Wesley.

Sethrak

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Faith
Armenian Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Etchmiadzin, Armenia
Sorry to see ~ but follow ~ off you go ~ the pied piper Francis this time ~ we could make a movie ~ so keep notes ```

Wandile

Archon
Reaction score
Faith
Catholic Church - Roman rite
Jurisdiction
Archdiocese of Pretoria
Vanhyo said:
Wandile said:
Glory to God.
The glory is always to God, a right heart will correctly acknowledge this, such will also acknowledge it is not always for his mercy but also for his justice. When a person is given over to his delusions
Is it so hard for you to speak without insulting other people?

it seems to me that such justly get what he asks for, however in this case it is proper to say Lord have mercy.
Obviously as a Catholic I rejoice in this news. God has called WPM home.

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Reaction score
Faith
Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
Jurisdiction
Enemy State Orthodox Church Abroad
WPM said:
platypus said:
Basically, the Catholic Pope's "Come Home to Rome" deal. (I think discussed it in 2006.)
Are they handing out coupons?

platypus

High Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
hecma925 said:
WPM said:
platypus said:
The Mormons offered me an "It's not a myth, follow Joseph Smith" deal, but I shopped around and took Metropolitan Tikhon's "Come and stay at the OCA" deluxe package.

Ainnir

Merarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
:laugh:  ;D

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Reaction score
Faith
Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
Jurisdiction
Enemy State Orthodox Church Abroad
platypus said:
hecma925 said:
WPM said:
platypus said:
The Mormons offered me an "It's not a myth, follow Joseph Smith" deal, but I shopped around and took Metropolitan Tikhon's "Come and stay at the OCA" deluxe package.
Neat!  I got the BOGO OCA ROCOR deal.  I had an online coupon code.

Vanhyo

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
BOC
Wandile said:
Vanhyo said:
Wandile said:
Glory to God.
The glory is always to God, a right heart will correctly acknowledge this, such will also acknowledge it is not always for his mercy but also for his justice. When a person is given over to his delusions
Is it so hard for you to speak without insulting other people?

it seems to me that such justly get what he asks for, however in this case it is proper to say Lord have mercy.
Obviously as a Catholic I rejoice in this news. God has called WPM home.
The nature of our discussion us such that someone is bound to get offended if we are geniune about our convictions. I am sure you would very much love to speak your mind if it wasnt for the strict forum regulations but dont worry, if you want to give me a good giggle you can aways send me a private massage.

as for your "rejoicing" it does look in need for public approval rather than geniune private emotion.

Brilko

Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
?
I didn’t like Joyce all that much the first time, so I’m not sure that I want to re-Joyce. I did like him better than that Wesley Crusher on the Next Generation, though. I’ll probably give Joyce another shot at some point.

Agabus

The user formerly known as Agabus
Reaction score
Faith
Magnificat
Jurisdiction
La Virgen de Caridad del Cobre
There are a lot of Catholic churches in the local area of Granbury, Texas.

Go with God and enjoy your week of Catholicism.

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
uocofusa.org
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
Wishing you all the best.

Remember, the door to Orthodoxy will always remain open and welcoming.

PorphyriosK

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
ROCOR
LizaSymonenko said:
Wishing you all the best.

Remember, the door to Orthodoxy will always remain open and welcoming.
+1

CooperDog

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Midwest
WPM said:
Hello,

I am fully convinced the wisest choice is to follow the Pope of Rome as the Apostolic Regulum Fidei of Sacred Scripture. (As I read the Scriptures.)

One of us, one of us, gooble gobble gooble gobble, one of us, one of us..........

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9C4uTEEOJlM

CooperDog:  The link you provided appears to have been added to this thread with the intent of insulting WPM and/or the Roman Catholic Church.  Please remember that personal attacks or insults are not permitted on the public forum.  If this happens again you might receive warning points.  Thank you for your attention to this.  Pravoslavbob, Section Moderator.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Faith
-
Jurisdiction
-
"every year of my life I grow more and more convinced that the wisest and best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful, if we would just take the time to look at it." - Lt. Ray Makonnen

Please watch the rest of the movie at this weblink: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2VYgT4OIkE

Pravoslavbob

Protokentarchos
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction
OCA
This is a general request to all members to keep discussion in this thread civil and respectful, so that official warnings etc. may be avoided and that discussion may proceed in a harmonious way.  Thank you all. Pravoslavbob, Section Moderator.

Tzimis

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction
EP
In all fairness. I don't think WPM is an Orthodox baptismal certificate holder. Just an Inquirer. A few months back he was a Luther. He should be left to work out his salvation.  Whatever that may look like. Good luck. I hope he finds it.

CooperDog

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Midwest
CooperDog said:
WPM said:
Hello,

One of us, one of us, gooble gobble gooble gobble, one of us, one of us..........

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9C4uTEEOJlM

CooperDog:  The link you provided appears to have been added to this thread with the intent of insulting WPM and/or the Roman Catholic Church.  Please remember that personal attacks or insults are not permitted on the public forum.  If this happens again you might receive warning points.  Thank you for your attention to this.  Pravoslavbob, Section Moderator.
I wasnt insulting anyone, "One of us, Gooble gobble, one of us", is a mundane expression to show that you are apart of something, and i meant it as a way to show he is one of us now, you know like one of us, one of us, he is family.

Has anyone ever heard that before? Im middle aged and its been a saying for a long time. Its not an insult

CooperDog:  It is not permitted to question moderation through a post.  In future, if you do not agree with any moderation that you may receive, please send a private message to the moderator who enacted the moderation with your concerns.

In this particular case, whether or not your intention was to be insulting, it came across this way to the moderation team.  In any event, in this instance you have not received any warning points, so your status has not changed.  Your non-punitive warning will stand as is.  Consider your concerns responded to at this time.

If you have not done so already, I invite you to take the time to check out OC.net rules for members:

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php?action=rules

As I mentioned earlier, you have received no warning points this time, so your status has in no way changed. (That is to say, right now you don't have anything to worry about.)  If you are warned again in future, you may receive warning points.

Pravoslavbob

Sethrak

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Faith
Armenian Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Etchmiadzin, Armenia
I think he was just explaining his intent, not questioning ~ let's all have a good day ```

Ainnir

Merarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Sethrak said:
I think he was just explaining his intent, not questioning ~ let's all have a good day ```
Sethrak, you are not as new as CooperDog.  A bad day would be points to go with that verbal warning.  Do not publicly challenge moderation.  You and CooperDog can both direct your comments to the appropriate moderator via PM.  Thanks.  --Ainnir

WPM

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Faith
Ethiopian Jew
How can you be Orthodox without attending the Divine Services? . .  .(In my area is Catholic, Lutheran, and Baptist churches.)

Sethrak

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Faith
Armenian Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Etchmiadzin, Armenia
WPM ~ You're still going to be here with us ~ you didn't mean like you are leaving I hope ~ it's always good talking with you ~ you know what I mean ```

Your brother in Christ

I just looked up and found you've posted today ~ that was good to see ~ talk to you in a bit ```

WPM

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Faith
Ethiopian Jew
Sethrak said:
Sorry ~ forgive me ~ I meant no harm ```
That's Ok brother . . You got it.

123abc

Reaction score
Faith
Reformed
Jurisdiction
PCA
WPM's profile religion seems to change with the tides so I wouldn't be too worried.

Ainnir

Merarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Sometimes it takes a lot of trial and error to figure out where you want to be.  Orthodoxy will always welcome WPM back, if he chooses.  :)

Ignatius II

Reaction score
WPM said:
Hello,

Since you have been on this forum for some time, it would be interesting to hear some particulars of your decision. I must admit I have a hard time understanding many of your posts. Perhaps you could elaborate somewhat on your decision. This might be beneficial for others who struggle deciding between the 2 faiths. In any event, you have to follow your heart and I wish you well, and hope your decision brings you peace.

PrelestWatch

Post Moderated
Reaction score
The simplest explanation for me is that this is a tongue-in-cheek joke.