• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

In Cambodia the construction of the temple of the St Panteleimon has begun

Gentleman

Reaction score
In Cambodia the construction of the temple of the Great Martyr St. Panteleimon has begun.

The blessing of the Russian Orthodox Church (Moscow Patriarchate) in Thailand, Archimandrite Oleg (Cherepanin), today, in accordance with the outcome of the tender for the selection of the developer, signed a contract with the Cambodian company to build Church of the great martyr and the healer Panteleimon in Sihanoukville.

Orthodox Church in Cambodia (Moscow Patriarchate), thanked the donator and asks all to help in the construction of the first Russian Orthodox church in Cambodia.Read more

By now only the Chapel of the Great Martyr St. George is the only Orthodox temple in the Kingdom of Cambodia. It is located in the Embassy of Bulgaria.

podkarpatska

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.acrod.org
Gentleman said:
In Cambodia the construction of the temple of the Great Martyr St. Panteleimon has begun.

The blessing of the Russian Orthodox Church (Moscow Patriarchate) in Thailand, Archimandrite Oleg (Cherepanin), today, in accordance with the outcome of the tender for the selection of the developer, signed a contract with the Cambodian company to build Church of the great martyr and the healer Panteleimon in Sihanoukville.

Orthodox Church in Cambodia (Moscow Patriarchate), thanked the donator and asks all to help in the construction of the first Russian Orthodox church in Cambodia.Read more

By now only the Chapel of the Great Martyr St. George is the only Orthodox temple in the Kingdom of Cambodia. It is located in the Embassy of Bulgaria.
In my college days, Cambodia and Vietnam were the Iraq of my generation. In Cambodia the darkness took over in the name of the Khmer Rouge following American withdrawal from the military theatre. Their reign of terror is estimated to have killed 2,000,000 Cambodians, or about 20% of the population before they were defeated mostly by their own countrymen and disgusted defectors from the group.

I mention this in the context of ISIS and other Islamist radical groups. Perhaps, as time passes a similar fate will await them....

God's ways are indeed mysterious.

xOrthodox4Christx

Taxiarches
Reaction score
podkarpatska said:
Gentleman said:

In my college days, Cambodia and Vietnam were the Iraq of my generation. In Cambodia the darkness took over in the name of the Khmer Rouge following American withdrawal from the military theatre. Their reign of terror is estimated to have killed 2,000,000 Cambodians, or about 20% of the population before they were defeated mostly by their own countrymen and disgusted defectors from the group.

I mention this in the context of ISIS and other Islamist radical groups. Perhaps, as time passes a similar fate will await them....

ISIS is the Khmer Rouge of the Middle East.

podkarpatska

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.acrod.org
xOrthodox4Christx said:
podkarpatska said:
Gentleman said:

That was my point in case anyone missed it. Thanks!

Gentleman

Reaction score
There's also Orthodox mission in Thailand, another part of Indochina.  

Territory of the Holy Dormition Monastic Community in Ratchaburi province

The Holy Ascension parish in Samui island, Surat Thani province

Archimandrite Oleg (Cherepanin), next to him management and representatives of «Dusit Pattaya Co. Ltd.» company, and parishioners of All-saints church in Pattaya at the meeting in «Baan Dusit Pattaya» village.

podkarpatska

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.acrod.org
"Kto Boh Veliyj, jako Boh Nas"....as the hymn goes....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QeXvW0dWng (What God is as Great as Our God. You are the God who creates  miracles....)

In the depths of the Khmer's reign of terror, the construction of Orthodox churches in Cambodia would have been viewed as impossible. With God, nothing is impossible.

(A favorite of many of us Slavs - whether sung boldly in concert by a male chorus or in plain chant by out of tune faithful. )

xOrthodox4Christx

Taxiarches
Reaction score
podkarpatska said:
xOrthodox4Christx said:
podkarpatska said:
Gentleman said:

That was my point in case anyone missed it. Thanks!
I've made the comparison before, so I thought that you stole it from me... guess I was wrong.