• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Indian teen marries stray dog

Gentleman

Reaction score
An 18-year-old girl in India has taken a stray dog to be her paw-fully wedded husband, to have and to pet, from this day forward — or at least until her evil juju is gone!
Mangli Munda is from a remote village in the eastern Indian state of Jharkhand, where local elders threw together an extravagant wedding because a local guru convinced the teenager’s parents she was under an evil spell and that marrying a man would only bring destruction to the family and the community, Barcroft reports.
But the four-legged groom, named Sheru, may soon need a ceremony of his own because the canine will ultimately serve as a vessel for Munda’s misfortunes.
“I am marrying a dog because the village elders believe that my evil spell will be passed on to the dog,” she said. “After that is done, the man I will marry will have a long life.”

Read more

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
She looks less than thrilled.  I hope consumating the marriage is not required.  :eek:

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Poor dog. What is going to happen to him after 'the evil' passes to him?

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
kelly said:
Not sure, but don't for a moment think people there look at dogs the way people here look at them. 
I'm aware of that.  :(

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
kelly said:
Not sure, but don't for a moment think people there look at dogs the way people here look at them. 
Maybe he will be the meal for husband #2.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
At least the dog isn't going to squander her dowry and then arrange a kerosene accident.

Antonis

Archon
Staff member
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
Mor Ephrem said:
kelly said:
That would make the dog the real husband number two, if you catch my drift.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Antonis said:
TheTrisagion said:
Mor Ephrem said:
kelly said:
That would make the dog the real husband number two, if you catch my drift.
Oh snap!  You went there.

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Unsubscribing! I feel bad for the dog.

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
(I wasn't subscribed in the first place)

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Too bad.  I subscribed you to Indian Teen Marries Stray Dog Journal.  It has all the latest articles on the trend.

Chiere

High Elder
Post Moderated
Reaction score
How interesting. I bet a dog makes a more faithful spouse than some humans.
 You've been warned before about the use of profanity, whether in words or images.  Your signature line is no exception to that rule.

I'm warning you for 7 days.  If you like to appeal this, do so only by sending me a PM.

--Mina

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Chiere said:
How interesting. I bet a dog makes a more faithful spouse than some humans.
I can see why some people can say that.

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
Mor Ephrem said:
kelly said:
I hope there won't be any suttee involved after they've killed the dog.

TheTrisagion said:
  I hope consumating the marriage is not required.
Will it be required? Anything is possible in countries where they marry dogs to exorcise demons.

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
White people just use a bark chipper to get rid of spouses.....acid is so passé.

Seriously though, most cultures have or had, some crazy superstitious things in them that are even crazier to outsiders.

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Cyrillic said:
Will it be required? Anything is possible in countries where they marry dogs to exorcise demons.
I'm confused why there's marriage involved but I'm absolutely confident that cute dogs can indeed banish all sorts of evil spirits.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
Arachne said:
At least the dog isn't going to squander her dowry and then arrange a kerosene accident.
Oh yeah, Indian men exist to waste money, eat dogs, and kill women.  Thank God for white people.  
You missed a chance to crack a monster-in-law one too. :p

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
Mor Ephrem said:
Arachne said:
Oh yeah, Indian men exist to waste money, eat dogs, and kill women.  Thank God for white people.  
It's so good that this thread isn't getting ugly or anything.

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
biro said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Arachne said:
It's so good that this thread isn't getting ugly or anything.
When it does, I'll let you know. 

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
Please continue while I'm making some popcorn. This could be fun. We had an awesome Indians vs. White people thread a while ago and it was the most hilarious thead on OC.net that I've ever seen.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
Arachne said:
Clearly, we need to do a better job of sending Mormon missionaries over there to save the brown people. Polygamy over zoophilia, I always say.

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
Arachne said:

Alpo

Merarches
Reaction score
The last sentence peaked your attention?

Must try that sometimes. Seems like a good pick-up line.

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
TheTrisagion said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Arachne said:
Clearly, we need to do a better job of sending Mormon missionaries over there to save the brown people. Polygamy over zoophilia, I always say.
Without heavy Mormon influence, Westerners seem to be doing just fine in terms of multiple sexual partners (of multiple genders), relationships with animals, relationships with plastic electronic or battery operated gadgets, and a whole host of other marital alternatives.    

Please keep showing us how it's done.    

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
TheTrisagion said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Arachne said:
Without heavy Mormon influence, Westerners seem to be doing just fine in terms of multiple sexual partners (of multiple genders), relationships with animals, relationships with plastic electronic or battery operated gadgets, and a whole host of other marital alternatives.    

u mad?

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
Mor Ephrem said:
TheTrisagion said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Arachne said:

Let's don't indulge in stereotypes or anything.

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
TheTrisagion said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Arachne said:

I do my best, but I'm only one man.  I can only liberate so many brown people from their sub-white thinking.

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
biro said:
Mor Ephrem said:
TheTrisagion said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Arachne said:

Yeah, let's not. 

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
Mor Ephrem said:
biro said:
Mor Ephrem said:
TheTrisagion said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Arachne said:

Yeah, let's not. 
Especially not when you're the moderator.

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
biro said:
Mor Ephrem said:
biro said:
Mor Ephrem said:
TheTrisagion said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Arachne said:

Yeah, let's not. 
I'm Nephi? 

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
"Please, stop fighting"
                /

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
biro said:
Mor Ephrem said:
biro said:
Mor Ephrem said:
TheTrisagion said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Arachne said:

Yeah, let's not. 
I'm Nephi? 
All you non-Chalcedonians look the same.

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Mor Ephrem said:
TheTrisagion said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Arachne said:

What do you have against love?

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
TheTrisagion said:
Mor Ephrem said:
biro said:
Mor Ephrem said:
biro said:
Mor Ephrem said:
TheTrisagion said:
Mor Ephrem said:
Arachne said:

Yeah, let's not. 
I'm Nephi? 
All you non-Chalcedonians look the same.

do you actually know which one is Nephi....because yea...

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=5415

neither brown, nor non-Chalcedonian

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Clearly the poor girls curse has come here......she can now divorce the dog and live curse free...