• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Interesting discussion from which we could all probably benefit

jmbejdl

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Hristos a-nviat!

I found the following link to a discussion held by Fr. Andrew at Felixstowe Orthodox Church on his website. He was talking with several of his parishioners, from various jurisidictions, over Pascha this year and I think the discussion brought up some very good points, particularly on Orthodox unity and the problems of Orthodox parishes in the west:

http://www.orthodoxengland.btinternet.co.uk/easterng.htm

Let me know what you think. Personally, I wish we could all act more like Fr. Andrew's parishioners here, rather than following Fr. Andrew's (accurately observed, I'd say) impression of the weakness of the Romanians - arguing over pointless trivialities. I also like his observation on the English, our problem being that we have 'tea in our veins'. Obviously, this is figurative - but thank goodness I prefer coffee!

James