• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Is conversion from Orthodoxy to another Christian Faith a grave sin?

Zelenikovo

Muted
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Ohrid Archiepiscopy
@Paradosiakos as I am aware for such decisions its good to consult an Elder Monk so Your Path will be Blessed Ahead ...

~

regarding Your point about mortal sins I'll say as in case of Aerial Toll Houses thread its not our to judge about, yet here is orthodoxwiki link where they are numbered so someone from the OC community share the same idea as the RC doctrine, in that regard Apostasy will fell also in this category, but probably in the pride section ...

... and why deadly hm lets contemplate how and which sins can make you forgetful for the Salvation at least finding compromises and postponing the feat, also sin is a sin correct but its not same if one stole candy in contrast to candystore! Holy Apostles didnt divided the sins as mortal or not, but knowing that suicide is such damnation (hanging of judas) defacto there are mortal sins, if there werent there universal salvation is norm by the Mercy of Our Almighty Lord but e know not even one filthy soul will not enter The Heavenly Kingdom so we must Hope On Mercy but also put effort for Repentance i.e. there is not unredeemed sin but we must be aware that we are born in sin and live in world full of sins thus sooner or later will get costumed by the spirit from this world so Repentance and Watchfulness should be regular focus to salvaton so we would clean our Souls otherwise even struck by propaganda we can flirt with the idea that even murder like abortion is not heavy (deadly) sin, for what I am narrowing the exit also by repentance feat eg. in the next footnote considering abortion topic on DTT eforum as feat worthy for deliverance I propose also Adoption [1]

Zelenikovo

Muted
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Ohrid Archiepiscopy
my post was moved, ok but lacks point from where so here is the original thread ... sorry for the typos ...

Your post in the thread Is conversion from Orthodoxy to another Christian Faith a grave sin? Reason: Half the post is off topic and not appropriate for Convert Issues; the post may be moved again after further moderator review.
actually the digression is more reply to Lyza remark ...

In the Orthodox Church, a sin is a sin... there is no "mortal" delineation. Anything that drifts us away from God, is sinful. Granted, complementing a friend's haircut, when you think it looks terrible, is not as big a falling away as leaving the Church... nonetheless, we have hope that the Lord will forgive us our trespasses.

All sin is forgivable, if the sinner is repentant.

Zelenikovo

Muted
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Ohrid Archiepiscopy
now grave and mortal sin is not the same semantically at least, and when measured how much deeds we have in comparison with sins think overall we leave life destined for lasting death especially in these modern times where as Bearers Of The Testament Of Love if we dont hand a help to those that are in need we will be judged for that extra even tho we have lived "pure life" like that we are as hypocrites an pharisees who seek to save only their own souls, thats why we are tutored that Love covers many sins and that would be indeed selfishness communia with all even pagans, this dont means per'se money lending or any other cataphatic approach is imperative, Praying would be also effective if sincere as apophatic approach, but be careful not to tempt the hungry with own gluttony eg. while You eating good fatty sandwich or sitting in restaurant and poor Child sees You in eye to refuse sharing from Your meal and just Pray for the Kid while choking because hungry ...