• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Is it a sin to get vaccinated? (ethical issues concerning aborted fetuses)

Status
Not open for further replies.

idahoon1

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Orthodox Christian
Hi - I know this subject was discussed before, but this question really bugs me...

Can we be eternally damned
by accepting a covid vaccine? If we do feel there's something dodgy about the C-19 plandemic, that big pharma is plotting against us and accepting the vactine is like being marked with a mark of the beast.... Are we doomed for eternal damnation once we get vaccinated?

I mean - from the orthodox point of view - can accepting the vaccine be an unforgivable sin, like e.g. suicide?

Let's say that I want to be vaccinated because of "sinful", ordinary needs - e.g. all-inclusive holidays in Greece, going out to a pub or a cinema, etc. - will I be damned if I get vaccinated?

And if a person who got a jab become ill later - but will be truly sorry, repent, confess, etc. - can he or she be saved?

It is a really important issue for me - can I get vaccinated and receive Holy Eucharist? Knowing that the drugs are made with cells of aborted children?

I just can't make a decission. We will have a chance to be vaccinated in a week - and I still can't make up my mind....

pros:
- I could visit a relative in a hospital, nursing home, etc.
- I wouldn't be able to transmit covid to anyone in the church
- I could use public transportation
- and meet with friends
- go abroad, go to a pub, etc.

cons:
- vaccines are made using aborted fetuses (a big ethical no-no)
- it's a one, big medical experiment, they cannot be trusted
- pharmaceutical companies and goverments keep lying to us - It's possible that there's no need to be vaccinated

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
Jurisdiction
Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
Thread locked pending moderatorial review.

Status
Not open for further replies.