• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Is support of abortion is rampant in Orthodox christians like the Catholics?

Irish45

Elder
Reaction score
I think it’s difficult to fight for any human right if you don’t defend the right to life. If the unborn aren’t human than what is?

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
a smoking flax He won't quench
Jurisdiction
World
I think it’s difficult to fight for any human right if you don’t defend the right to life. If the unborn aren’t human than what is?
Trees

Saxon

High Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
UOCC
You have been placed on post moderation for adding political commentary to the public board. See green text below.
Says the reader of hearts. Oh great German elder, what else do you see?
I’m not quite sure what any of that is supposed to mean.

Political commentary removed.

Saxon,
Some of the political comments you have made here are nearly identical to ones you received an official warning about back in January. In addition, you are well aware that political commentary is not permitted on the public board as you have been advised of this several times. You will therefore be placed on post moderation for an extended period. All of your posts will have to be approved by a moderator before they appear on the forum. Your warning will expire in 2 months. Please address any appeal to me.

Pravoslavbob
Non-Religious Topics Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

FULK NERA

Elder
Warned
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OCA
I’m not quite sure what any of that is supposed to mean.
Political commentary removed.
So you are not only a long-distance reader of hearts you are also in charge of policing people‘s political views. I see that here plainly. You need to take care of,yourself before you sort everyone else out.

Mind your own business, scold. You don’t get to say who can be or not be Orthodox.

Watch yourself, Fulk Nera. You have already been warned for an ad hominem attack on a member earlier. Pravoslavbob.

Stinky

Mess
Reaction score
Faith
a smoking flax He won't quench
Jurisdiction
World
So you are not only a long-distance reader of hearts you are also in charge of policing people‘s political views. I see that here plainly. You need to take care of,yourself before you sort everyone else out.

Mind your own business, scold. You don’t get to say who can be or not be Orthodox.
If you give advice on the prayer form repeatedly you can get banned easier than this caustic way, holding your integrity intact!

Katechon

High Elder
Warned
Post Moderated
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
ROC-MP
Warned for thinly-veiled political attack against another member as well as using an inappropriate acronym on the public board.

Content removed.

Katechon,
As you are well aware, we do not permit political commentary on the public boards, much less politically-motivated attacks on members. Vulgar acronyms like the one you employed are also not allowed on public threads. You will be placed on post moderation for a time: all of your posts will have to be vetted by the moderator staff for approval before appearing on the board. Your warning will last 6 weeks. Please address any appeal to me.

Pravoslavbob
Non-Religious Topics Moderator

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Warned
Reaction score
Faith
No
Jurisdiction
No

youssef

Elder
Reaction score
Personally I am against abortion but I am with the law that give the right of abortion.
We should always see what is the better for the society and the person and the new born child.
I think that us the Christian we should not fight against the right of abortion we should try just to try to make the world a better place. Or we will be like the lawyers

And he said, “Woe to you lawyers also! For you load people with burdens hard to bear, and you yourselves do not touch the burdens with one of your fingers.

Hawkeye

Hyperprōtopansebastohalieus
Reaction score
Faith
Of Avvakum and Neronov
Jurisdiction
Old Rite, Chasovenny
We should always see what is the better for the society and the person and the new born child.
Were it anything else, I might agree, but on abortion, how can death ever be the better option for a child yet to be born?

youssef

Elder
Reaction score
Were it anything else, I might agree, but on abortion, how can death ever be the better option for a child yet to be born?
First a women who want to do abortion it will make it even if the abortion is illegal so it is better for her to practice legal abortion and the statistics in country where abortion is illegal proof this.
Now for the question of the child that it is not yet born we know that an unwanted child can live a suffering live and we can see easily without doing some idealism that a new born child will live in the same situation of his parents and his social environment so we can predict how his life will be.
For an example a poor family that has already a child and they can barely able to pay for this child to has a good living so having another child will be bad for the whole family including the new child. That is true even in a very good welfare state like France so how the situation will be in a state that doesn't have a welfare system.

Ainnir

Merarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
First a women who want to do abortion it will make it even if the abortion is illegal so it is better for her to practice legal abortion and the statistics in country where abortion is illegal proof this.
Now for the question of the child that it is not yet born we know that an unwanted child can live a suffering live and we can see easily without doing some idealism that a new born child will live in the same situation of his parents and his social environment so we can predict how his life will be.
For an example a poor family that has already a child and they can barely able to pay for this child to has a good living so having another child will be bad for the whole family including the new child. That is true even in a very good welfare state like France so how the situation will be in a state that doesn't have a welfare system.
Nope. So much nope.

Ainnir

Merarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Because you basically just said it's ok to kill someone at will if it is deemed necessary. Said all perpetrators of genocide ever.

youssef

Elder
Reaction score
Because you basically just said it's ok to kill someone at will if it is deemed necessary. Said all perpetrators of genocide ever.
No here the question is different because it is a moral question so you consider an unborn child a person other will not consider it a person. So we can accuse in the same logic people who are against the right of abortion that they just like to see people suffering.

Ainnir

Merarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
No here the question is different because it is a moral question so you consider an unborn child a person other will not consider it a person. So we can accuse in the same logic people who are against the right of abortion that they just like to see people suffering.
People have been considering other people subhuman for millennia, why would that suddenly be limited to babies in the womb? Saying "they might suffer too much otherwise" is just giving a justification for the violence. You're operating on the assumption that a person's perception can define reality. They don't consider the baby a person, therefore it isn't. They don't think the baby will have a good enough life, so it's ok to kill it. That's messed up. That logic can indeed be expanded to any person for any reason. That third world country is too poor, those people are too ignorant, etc.

Also: You can help a struggling family. You can't help a corpse, small or big.