• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Is the movie "heaven is for real" compatible with Orthodoxy?

Stephen Philips

Reaction score
I was thinking to show my grandparents the film "heaven is for real." But I don't know if it's compatible with Orthodoxy

Stephen Philips

Reaction score
I have not seen it. Try and find a clip on You Tube?
Here's the story: the 4-year-old son of a protestant pastor has a near-death experience. He never actually dies, but while he is very close to death, he sees his body from his soul. Then, he sees himself going to a church, where the angels are singing. They laugh at him when he asks them to sing "we will rock you." Anyway, Jesus then takes the boy by the hand. The boy describes Jesus' eye colour as a cross between green and blue, and insists that Jesus showed him His horse. The boy's father, a pastor, actually became a clergyman for the purpose of atoning for the lack of faith of his father. The boy assures the pastor that he saw "grandpa" in heaven. However, he only recognizes a picture of the grandfather as a young man, since everyone looks young in heaven. The boy also meets his sister in heaven, who he never met, because she died during birth. At the end of the movie, attention is drawn to a girl who also believes she had a vision of Christ, and painted Him as having "greenish-blue eyes."