• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Jack Hanick and his family have been received into Orthodoxy in Moscow

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
http://www.pravoslavie.ru/english/93209.htm

Maybe we can hope that a good influence on the news will come of this.

Elisha

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Good for him and his family!  (Whomever the heck he is.)

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
scamandrius said:
Good for him.  Who is he and why should I care?

I dunno....maybe if you read the article...you would find out who he was..

but maybe if you didn't read the article....you could zip your proverbial lip and not comment for no actual -value-

FatherGiryus

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
DeniseDenise said:
scamandrius said:

but maybe if you didn't read the article....you could zip your proverbial lip and not comment for no actual -value-
Thread locked pending moderator review

FatherGiryus

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
DeniseDenise said:
scamandrius said:

DeniseDenise,

In the past nine months, you have been disciplined three times for inappropriate conduct in the General Fora, receiving a total of 80 formal warning points.  Very clearly, you (and I would say that you are not alone, so this is as much a statement to a few others as you) are having some difficulty understanding the rules of the General Fora.

I will try to explain this in a different way: we never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever criticize other posters or engage in any argumentative behavior in the General Fora.  Never.

Because your last warning in this Forum was 30%, and that did not appear to help, I am increasing this warning to 40% with sincere hope this will be the last time.

You will be receiving a message with more details.  Please carefully read it.

Thank you for choosing OCNet. Your posts are important to us.

-Father Giryus
General Fora Moderator and Jello Stacker

FatherGiryus

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
scamandrius said:
Scamandrius,

Your comment is essentially a troll, and trolling, no matter what color the lure is, is not permitted.

You have access to the internet, and could have answered your own question.  Instead you cast a line out and hoped for a response.  You got it.  Twice.

The first hit was from another poster, but the second is from a moderator.  But, it is less like catching a fish and more like snagging the bottom.

You are receiving a 30% formal warning for this violation to the past inadequacies of previous warnings to get you to change your ways and not fish for arguments in the General Fora.  Please carefully read the forthcoming message.

Thank you for choosing OCNet.  Your posts are important to us.

-Father Giryus
General Fora Moderator and Resident Game Warden

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
I've never heard of him before, but many years to him and his family!

BryanS

Elder
Reaction score
Website
cluelessreader.com
Wasn't there someone else of note who recently entered the church by traveling to Russia? My memory fails me, but I think he is an actor of Asian descent.