• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Kitties

Deacon Lance

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
Archeparchy of Pittsburgh
Three.  Grey/white tabby, calico tabby, and black.

xOrthodox4Christx

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Catholic Church
Jurisdiction
Orthodox Church in America
I have two.

One is always thinking about playing. He's quite skinny. He is a brown/grey tabby. He also eats whatever he can find, even frozen foods.

My other cat is black and white and when she isn't sleeping, she's scared out of her mind. She scares really easily.

LBK

Toumarches
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
I'm now down to one, an elderly black green-eyed lady. Six months ago, I lost her 15-year-old half-brother (kidney failure); six months before that, his gorgeous calico and very cheeky sister, from cancer.

username!

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Where Iron hydrochloride ruins watersheds
My black cat and tabby are boys. The tabby is a snuggly kitteh. The black cat is the youngest and likes to chase the tabby all night playing. The maine coon is a gal and she is stand offish. She is seen at feeding time and when she decides you are worthy to pet her.

Maria

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.euphrosynoscafe.com
Faith
TrueGenuine Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
GOC under Archbishop Stephanos
username! said:
My black cat and tabby are boys. The tabby is a snuggly kitteh. The black cat is the youngest and likes to chase the tabby all night playing. The maine coon is a gal and she is stand offish. She is seen at feeding time and when she decides you are worthy to pet her.
Please post some pictures!

We had three cats but lost them all to various diseases.

LBK

Toumarches
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
username! said:
She is seen at feeding time and when she decides you are worthy to pet her.
Of course. A cat who truly knows the proper order of things.  :laugh:

augustin717

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Faith
Higher Criticism
Jurisdiction
Dutch
I don't have cats currently although I had many growing up but never cared much for them. They wee semi-feral. But my friend has the -sorry for the word-cutest black cat I've seen. He's as eager as a dog. Not much of the usual cat indolence.

LBK

Toumarches
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
username! said:
You just said c#test. That's ten points off your man card.
Cats have ways of charming even the most hardened cynic. Forty years of having cats in my life has taught me much, including this.

augustin717

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Faith
Higher Criticism
Jurisdiction
Dutch
Not all of them . The last tomcat I had you couldn't touch him cause he would bite or scratch you. But he wasn't fixed and would leave the house for days on a row. His seed I have reason to believe is strong upon the earth.

LBK

Toumarches
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
augustin717 said:
Not all of them . The last tomcat I had you couldn't touch him cause he would bite or scratch you. But he wasn't fixed and would leave the house for days on a row. His seed I have reason to believe is strong upon the earth.
Not all cats can get through to people who dislike cats. But there are cats who do, and do a mighty good job of it.  ;)

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk
username! said:
Is it possible to put pics from the mobile on a post here without saving them to your hardrive on the computer first?
The board used to have a feature that allowed to upload photos on the forum server but it does not work now.

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
Here and now (well...sometimes...)
We have 4--a scruffy, knotted, curly-tongued 1/2 Maine coon; a beautiful blue-eyed chubby 1/2 Siamese; an orangey-buff colored male who rules the roost (we call him King Baby--he acts like a king but meows like a baby--but his name is Ziggy  8)); and an outside grey tabby semi-feral who just showed up one day and stuck around for the great dining!

Fire-Bird2014

Reaction score
My cat is a Californian boy, Lucci the ragdoll. Awesome guy but I do not know how to post pics. Every time I try, the page says, Folder is too full, etc. Cats could be so graceful.... this is not the case with him. He is just plain hilarious. But he likes to fetch sticks and plays with puzzle toys by himself. He is also very affectionate, and purrs all the time, even when you try to move him off the couch. Lucci also leaks people he likes! He properly holds my husband's head with his paws and leaks his forehead and face and hair. My son has a cat Sebastien, Himalayan ball of fur. We thought she was a boy when we got her. Then I noticed how much she admires my jewelry or anything that shines. And voila! It is a girl (named Sebastien :) She also gets high on coffee and cares nothing for catnip. I used to have a German Sheppard, very handsome dog. He also loved cats :)

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
Jurisdiction
Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
I love cats, but have never been able to keep one. My ex had those two wonderful yellow tabbies, Riko and Lulu, father and daughter. An old curmudgeon and a dumb blonde, as his mother put it, but both adorable. They both died last year, within a few months from each other; Riko first, of old age complications, and Lulu from loneliness. :'( I'll see if I can find pics; it's been a long time...

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
I love cats!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP4NMoJcFd4

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Warned
Post Moderated
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
Faith
Episcopal
Jurisdiction
Diocese of Florida
If I'm lucky this year, I'd like to get a new place and adopt a couple of cats. :)

username!

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Where Iron hydrochloride ruins watersheds
GabrieltheCelt said:
username! said:
You just said c#test. That's ten points off your man card.
Dude.  You have three cats.  And pics of them on your phone.  Man card revoked.
Negative, technically one is mine, i never called them any frilly adjectives, and I think a dog would be a better pet.

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
GabrieltheCelt said:
augustin717 said:
The last tomcat I had you couldn't touch him cause he would bite or scratch you.
This is how I pet those type of cats.
Pet yourself.

Jibrail Almuhajir

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox OCA
Michał Kalina said:
GabrieltheCelt said:
augustin717 said:
The last tomcat I had you couldn't touch him cause he would bite or scratch you.
This is how I pet those type of cats.
Pet yourself.
Another one witty comment by our resident ding-dong.  BTW, is it common for Polocks with identity issues to wish other Christians dead?
 Calling someone a "resident ding-dong" is hardly appropriate behavior and is a flagrant violation of the rule against ad-hominems and insults. You're warned for 20 days. If you disagree with this warning, please pm me.

-Cyrillic

LBK

Toumarches
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Agia Marina said:
One kitty, a beautiful Snowshoe Siamese male, named Maximilian. :)
He might be cross-eyes, but he's gorgeous!  :laugh:

montalo

Archon
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
ACROD
I am aiming to get a kitty soonish, well as soon as I am able to when I live on my own.

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Orthodox Church in America
My house has one neutered tomcat with grey fur, a white tuxedo pattern on his chest and white socks on his feet. He also has only a stub for a tail after having had most of it cut off by a vet--I guess his tail got infected after getting sliced in a fight with another cat. We adopted him after he started bullying the other cats in his previous home--male dominance issues.

LBK

Toumarches
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Agia Marina said:
LBK said:
Agia Marina said:
One kitty, a beautiful Snowshoe Siamese male, named Maximilian. :)
He might be cross-eyed, but he's gorgeous!  :laugh:
A Siamese genetic flaw, but, thanks!  I love my boy! :)
I'm also glad to see he's a "normal" Siamese, with a proper cat's face and ears, as the breed was originally. I love cats, but I draw the line at the extreme modern type of Siamese, with huge pointed ears, and a triangular head that makes the poor cat look like an alien.

The same goes for the poor Persians who've been bred to have no muzzle at all. Thank goodness there's a growing backlash against this sort of breeding, which spoils the look of the cat, and causes many physical problems.

LBK

Toumarches
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
KBN1 said:
This big boy was born to be cuddled. I want him for a hot-water bottle.  :laugh:

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
GabrieltheCelt said:
BTW, is it common for Polocks with identity issues to wish other Christians dead?
I wouldn't call individuals who find pleasure in shooting domestic cats "other Christians".