• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

KP priest chokes a random baby in Walmart

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
KP priests in Murica are the best of the best, for sure.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3854296/Former-Orthodox-Church-pastor-arrested-CHOKING-four-month-old-girl-Walmart.html

scamandrius

Merarches
Reaction score
It doesn't say Kievan Patriarchate anywhere in the article you cite.  ANd also, the article makes it clear that he's a former priest.

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
scamandrius said:
It doesn't say Kievan Patriarchate anywhere in the article you cite.  ANd also, the article makes it clear that he's a former priest.
A former rector, not a former priest. And I found the Church he is from using my extraordinary hacking skills (ie. typing the parish name into google).

IreneOlinyk

High Elder
Reaction score
[Oleh Zhownirovych had led the Ukrainian Orthodox Holy Ascension Cathedral for 15 years, and had been married with two children. But his wife and children eventually left him, and last year, the church severed ties with him because of his drinking, said Walter Mohuchy, vice president of the Holy Ascension church council.
/quote]

http://www.northjersey.com/news/clifton-church-cut-ties-with-priest-accused-of-choking-baby-over-drinking-problem-1.1681325

I wonder if the parish council made any attempt to get professional help for the priest's alchohol and marriage problems?

scamandrius

Merarches
Reaction score
mike said:
scamandrius said:
A former rector, not a former priest. And I found the Church he is from using my extraordinary hacking skills (ie. typing the parish name into google).
but it was not in the article you cited.  that was all i read.

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
so rather than pray for a man who is -clearly- in crisis....and needs help, why don't we argue over the fact Mike added info to the thread title...

seems like a better use of energy.

IXOYE

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy!

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
DeniseDenise said:
so rather than pray for a man who is -clearly- in crisis....and needs help, why don't we argue over the fact Mike added info to the thread title...

Or, we could pray for the child.

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
biro said:
DeniseDenise said:

Or, we could pray for the child.
why is it an 'or'?

Bob2

High Elder
Reaction score
But Hill says the man appeared to be under the influence of some substance — and at one point even tried to wear her daughter's car seat as a hat

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3854296/Former-Orthodox-Church-pastor-arrested-CHOKING-four-month-old-girl-Walmart.html#ixzz4NroT2a2L
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
scamandrius said:
but it was not in the article you cited.  that was all i read.
People unthinkingly read whatever media give them without any inclination to double-check what they read or trying to get broader view about things. That's sad.