• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Let's name the royal baby

genesisone

Archon
Reaction score
I guess the next round of speculation will be on the name of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's newborn son. Four names seems to be common in the royal circles. Suggest four names. Let's see who comes closest - extra points for the right order.

Here's mine: Christian Philip Michael Spencer

Christian pays homage to a common name in the Danish royal family through which both HM the Queen and HRH the Duke of Edinburgh are descended. Philip is pretty obvious. Michael is the name of the baby's maternal grandfather. Spencer, of course, from William's mother's family. The whole name provides both continuity and innovation.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Jonathan William Eduardo Corrochio

I don't think I'm very good at this.  :angel:

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Mina Waitforit Soliman

Santagranddad

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
It might be more fun listing those names that will not be chosen:

Wayne
Duwayne

Are a dreadful couple that come mind....

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
LOL.  I came to an Orthodox forum, opened this thread, and fully expected Barsanuphios, Feodosy, or any number of hyperdox choices, and instead I see "Duwayne", "Waitforit", "Eduardo".  

Based on:

Santagranddad said:
I see that gorgeous weather that London had been blessed with has now turned to long absent rain.
I guess, mostly in jest, Elijah.  

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Fyodor Miloslav Georgiadis Bracanovich

EDIT--Ok, I'll stop. I feel bad, I don't want to derail the thread. Have at it, and good luck!

pmpn8rGPT

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Semaj Lemonjello Orangejello Shithead

Yes, someone named Shithead actually (allegedly) went to my high school.  Edit to add: it's pronounced Shuh-theed

WPM

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Sir William Henry Lancelot

FatherGiryus

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
In keeping with the UK's general direction: Nusrat Fateh Ali ibn-William al-Winsor

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
FatherGiryus said:
In keeping with the UK's general direction: Nusrat Fateh Ali ibn-William al-Winsor
LOL.  I read somewhere online (BBC, I think) a reference to the Archbishop of Canterbury's statement on the birth of baby Cambridge.  The author of the article referred to the Archbishop as the likely candidate for leading "any christening" of the royal child, as if baptism was an optional baby-welcoming ritual for someone who happens to be the future head of the Anglican Church. 

But if they really think that way over there, they might as well name him N.F.A. Ibn William Al-Windsor. 

montalo

Archon
Reaction score
I wonder what would happen then, if the heir became muslim

LBK

Toumarches
Reaction score
TheMathematician said:
I wonder what would happen then, if the heir became muslim
Unless the British laws of succession change by then, he can kiss the throne goodbye. If he ain't Church of England, he can't be king.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
LizaSymonenko said:
Henry George William Richard.
Switch the George and Henry around, and I change my vote to this

Crucifer

Archon
Reaction score
Website
www.uscj.org
"James Andrew".

James (in honor of James Hewitt, the guy Diana cheated on Charles with) Andrew (for Andrew Parker-Bowles, the guy Camilla was married to when Charles was sleeping with her)

Santagranddad

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
FatherGiryus said:
I don't want to but this contribution had both shaking my head and laughing at the same time. Cognitive dissonance or what!

LBK

Toumarches
Reaction score
Santagranddad said:
FatherGiryus said:
I don't want to but this contribution had both shaking my head and laughing at the same time. Cognitive dissonance or what!
I thought it was inspired as well. In a warped kind of way.  :laugh:

Santagranddad

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Have to say this thread has been delightfully silly and fun..............