• Christ is Risen!
  • Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Looking to buy a crucifix and/or prayer rope from a orthodox source.

notnamed88

Reaction score
Faith
Way of The Master
Jurisdiction
Georgia
After a quick search on the internet I found a few sites that sell these items but I couldn't find much information on who were making the items or where the money would go.

Do you have a preferred source? I'd like to support the monks and nuns who make these items.

Why do I want the items in the first place?
As reminders to pray, fast, and keep my heart close to God.

J Michael

Cave Dweller
Reaction score
Faith
Byzantine Catholic
Jurisdiction
Here and now (well...sometimes...)
After a quick search on the internet I found a few sites that sell these items but I couldn't find much information on who were making the items or where the money would go.

Do you have a preferred source? I'd like to support the monks and nuns who make these items.

Why do I want the items in the first place?
As reminders to pray, fast, and keep my heart close to God.
You can always contact the places you've already found and ask them who makes the items they're selling.

Personally, I like https://legacyicons.com/ , https://notofthisworldiconsandbooks.com/ , https://www.uncutmountainsupply.com , amongst others.

Irened

Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
EO
Eastern Orthodox stores selling products crafted by those of the faith, maybe even monastics:

A lot of the main EO online stores buy from manufacturers and artisans that are not Orthodox but rather mass factory producers of crosses and secular jewelry for other faiths as well. If you end up finding items you like, it's best to ask who manufactured it and see if they're EO.

Last edited:

Irened

Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
EO
Mind you, quite a few of some very well known EO online stores seem to purchase their crosses from such factories. You need to ask. I've had one very well known EO store refuse to tell me who they bought their supply from. Needless to say, I don't shop from them anymore.

Here are some examples of the mass produced knock-off Orthodox crosses made by non-Orthodox jewelry factories:

Last edited:

Irened

Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
EO
Always double check with the store owner. The approved EO stores which I listed 2 posts ago might have changed manufacturers. You never know unless you ask for the source of the item or if it's stated in the item's description.

Some people might not care who makes the product. But think about it. Your money will be supporting a company that might be supporting things of faith you do not approve of.

Last edited: