• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Malala Yousafzai suspects captured

Santagranddad

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Associated Press and AFP reported yesterday that the Pakistan Army has captured men suspected of the shooting of the campaigner for girls' education, Malala Yousafzai.

Malala, now living and studying here in Birmingham, continues to campaign for the education of girls. As my late mother was fond of saying, educate the girls and you educate their children.

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's enough to capture her shooters.  Practically the whole Islamist organization they represent deserves punishment really.

God bless and strengthen Malala.  We need more Muslims like her.

Santagranddad

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
I don't envy those in the custody of the Pakistan Army, given a General of theirs has made something of their capture.

Some commentators in Pakistan have made the point that without her in the country, the campaign for girls' education lacks the punch it might otherwise have. For me, she has done enough and more, paying the price for her courage. There she would be a target, especially in her home of the Swat Valley. But the Jihadists have a long reach throughout Pakistan and Pakistani occupied Kashmir.