• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Meanwhile in Holy Russia

Cyrillic

Toumarches
Reaction score
Boy Confuses Biblical Joseph With Joseph Stalin in School Play

MOSCOW, December 25 (Sputnik) – A schoolboy from St. Petersburg mistakenly played the role of the Biblical character Joseph dressed as quite another character, Joseph Stalin, the boy’s father, Fedor Gavrichenko wrote on his Facebook account.

“Yesterday, my 12-year old son participated in a school play. Earlier, he said he had a role of Joseph Stalin, who had to say something to some woman. We were not surprised too much, as over the years he played a variety of roles at school plays, including an epic role of a watermelon,” Gavrichenko wrote.

http://sputniknews.com/art_living/20141225/1016237641.html

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Reaction score

This is awesome, terrible, and hysterical at the same time.  I will say that the parents did a great job on the costume, far better than a bathrobe and headscarf that one usually sees in kids' plays.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
“Yesterday, my 12-year old son participated in a school play. Earlier, he said he had a role of Joseph Stalin, who had to say something to some woman. We were not surprised too much, as over the years he played a variety of roles at school plays, including an epic role of a watermelon,” Gavrichenko wrote.

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Reaction score
NCNewbie said:
How does one qualify to play "the epic role of a watermelon"?
Probably recited his line the best during the "Food Groups Extravaganza" play of 2011.

NCNewbie

Reaction score
Probably recited his line the best during the "Food Groups Extravaganza" play of 2011.
[/quote]

To have such aspirations, lol.

mabsoota

Archon
Reaction score
hey, i was a cucumber once.
i suspected i was not popular at school...

(thanks for your funny story)

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
Cyrillic said:
Boy Confuses Biblical Joseph With Joseph Stalin in School Play

MOSCOW, December 25 (Sputnik) – A schoolboy from St. Petersburg mistakenly played the role of the Biblical character Joseph dressed as quite another character, Joseph Stalin, the boy’s father, Fedor Gavrichenko wrote on his Facebook account.

http://sputniknews.com/art_living/20141225/1016237641.html
I played a dog once.