• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Meet The "Young Saints" Of Bethel Who Go To College To Perform Miracles

juliogb

High Elder
Reaction score
Poemen said:
juliogb said:
I heard once about the ''prophecy'', some girl saying that went to this bethel institute of supernatural stuff and she had to make a prophecy for another person in the form of a song. Sometimes it looks like plain sorcery or new age gibberish with a jesusy vocabulary on top.
Honestly, I'm convinced after reading Fr. Seraphim Rose's "Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future" that it is indeed sorcery - quite a big thing in Pentecostalism/NAR is holding hands and praying/"prophesying", likewise the same happens for occult séances. I'd say the book poses the best proofs of Pentecostal/NAR phenomena being basically pagan/shamanistic practices.
I don't know why, but lots of this stuff has origin in California, there is something in that state that makes it a cult factory, all kinds of weird stuff come from there, The Family International, Jesus Movement and several others, Bethel church looks like part of this californian cult phenomenom, and I wouldn't be surprise if scandals and creepy stuff are discovered in that ''church''.