• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Memory Eternal for Father William

DeniseDenise

Taxiarches
Reaction score
https://oca.org/in-memoriam/archpriest-william-dubovik-jr

Today marks the 3rd year since his falling asleep.

Oddly enough, I never met him. But he was one of the Priestly driving forces in a yahoo list for converts and potential converts. 

He spoke with gentleness, never allowing all the little things to become huge arguments in the group and never taking such a hard line that converting people would just leave.

Always patient, and willing to talk to all individually, he was the only reason I never left the group, despite sliding back into sin. So I kept listening to him quietly tell everyone about the love of God and Orthodoxy, and I eventually came back.

I was received into the Church one year and a few days after his death and he was the first person I offered a prosphora to commemorate, literally before I even took communion for the first time.

Memory Eternal Father!

Velsigne

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Memory eternal!

And thank God you helped him win a crown and have become a faithful person to pray for him.