• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Messages not going through

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
I've sent a few private messages in the last couple of weeks, and not gotten any response.

I received a "message sent successfully" bulletin each time, so I know they went through.

Does this mean that people, er, just don't want to talk to me, or is there a glitch in the system?

Thank you.

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Did you get it sorted?  If not, feel free to send me a test one.

mcarmichael

#realmorephrem
Post Moderated
Reaction score
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
Unaffiliated yet
Did you 'block' me, biro?

I tried to message, as a test of our communication systems, and I wouldn't hold it against you if you did, but I got the message that you had blocked pm's from me.

Now, why would you ever go so far as to block messages from me? So I submit that perhaps the entire site is broken. I didn't receive emails at my email, even before I was blocked. By the site, I mean, not by you. I wouldn't blame you if you did block me, but I don't remember why.

I was only messaging to test the utility of it, not for anything else.