• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Metropolitan Amfilohije of Montenegro and the Littoral reposed in the Lord

Dominika

Taxiarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Archbishop of Cetinje, Metropolitan of Montenegro and Exarch of the Holy Throne of Pec, Amfilohije, after having received the Holy Sacrament of Communion, reposed in the Lord in the Clinical Hospital Center of Montenegro, on Friday, October 30, 2020, at 8.20 am, on the eve of the feast of St. Peter of Cetinje.
Source

Biography of metropolitan Amfilohije in English: http://www.spc.rs/eng/biography_metropolitan_amfilohije_radovic

Memory eternal!

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Memory eternal.

Saxon

High Elder
Reaction score
Incredible man, standing up to that dictator who tried to wreck the church. Memory eternal!

Nathanael

High Elder
Reaction score
A bishop full of inner power, hesychast prayer and meekness! Memory eternal!

DhB-IqmW0AEkPvi.jpg

amfi.png

ElkEo5BW0AANmkW-min.jpg

IXOYE

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Memory eternal!

Dominika

Taxiarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Coffin with metropolitan Amfilohije leaving Cetinje monastery - traditional seat of the Montenegrin metropolitans

People on the route stopign car with coffin with metropolitan to give him honour

Receiving coffin with metropolitan in the Resurrection cathedral in Podgorica, Montenegrin capital

Dominika

Taxiarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Song for metropolitan Amfilohije (it had been created before his death)

LukeDM

Reaction score
These videos are incredible to me. So far removed from my American life. I've seen other videos of throngs of people gathered for the funeral procession of Met. Amfilohije. I can't even begin to wrap my head around what it's like to have a unified religion within a country. Quite a beautiful display of Orthodox love for brother and love for hierarch.
May his memory be eternal!

Dominika

Taxiarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
These videos are incredible to me. So far removed from my American life. I've seen other videos of throngs of people gathered for the funeral procession of Met. Amfilohije. I can't even begin to wrap my head around what it's like to have a unified religion within a country. Quite a beautiful display of Orthodox love for brother and love for hierarch.
May his memory be eternal!
Well, actually it's not so easy reagidn the cnaoncial Orthodox Churhc in Montegro.

There is great recent article abotu metropoltain Amfilhoije and sitaution in Montengro, but it's in Polish.. But you can use GOogle Translate. It sasys abotu the conflcit with ltitle un-canoncail chruch but that has been supported by (atheistic!) govemrnt of the coutnry, that the coutnry became quite irreligious during the communist era etc.

Dominika

Taxiarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
His funeral. live stream (I think it will becoem archivised after the end)

Dominika

Taxiarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Do you have the words in English?
I don't have English text, maybe I could translate it but definitely not this week, as I've started new job this week :)

The refrain is: <Djedo (Djeda was nickname for m. Amfilohije, it's derrivated from granfather - deda, so you could say it would mean something like "grandpa", like nice way, plus Montengrin dialect likes sound "dj") Djedo, let him watch God in the eternity; Djedo, Djedo - you, that have given life for Christ>

Dominika

Taxiarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Traditional guslar (it's man that sings poetry in specific way, using also specific instrument, both seen in video) in song for metropolitan Amfilohije

Dominika

Taxiarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Metropolitan Amfilohije playing gusle - he himself was also composer of texts for this specific instrument

Dominika

Taxiarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Metropolitan Amfilohije singing patriotic song with Orthodox themes

hecma925

Stratopedarches
Reaction score