• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Metropolitan Maximos falls asleep in the Lord

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Memory eternal.

IXOYE

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Memory eternal!

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Memory eternal!

Those of us blessed to be under his care had a spiritually gifted, theologically profound, joyful and energetic Archpastor. For 32 years he injected his passion for the spiritual life and development, youth, dialogue, and worship into our Metropolis. I'm biased - he mentored my parents at seminary, was one of the celebrants at their marriage, ordained my father, brought him into this Metropolis, baptized me, sent me to seminary, married me, ordained me, and baptized my firstborn. Literally every significant event of my existence between my parents meeting and his retirement in 2011 was influenced by him.

May he stand before God's holy Throne and pray for us all!