• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Metropolitan Tikhon Addresses Global Forum on Armenian Genocide

Second Chance

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am very glad that somebody from the Assembly of Bishops participated in the Global Forum that was held on the 100th anniversary of the Armenian genocide. Among other things, Metropolitan Tikhon said:

"On behalf of the Holy Synod of Bishops, the clergy and the faithful of the Orthodox Church in America, I wish to thank His Holiness, Patriarch Karekin II, for his kind invitation to participate in today’s Global Forum and tomorrow’s Canonization of the Victims of the Armenian Genocide.
And we are not here today merely to speak about justice but to bear witness to the truth that there can be no peace without justice. We are adamant that the suffering of the victims and descendants of the Armenian Genocide should be recognized. At the same time, we share the profound conviction that the Kingdom of heaven is not attained through war, mass murder, genocide or holocaust, but by living the difficult and sacrificial way of the Cross—by delighting in the resurrection and the love that renders all adversaries powerless."

http://oca.org/news/headline-news/metropolitan-tikhon-addresses-global-forum-on-armenian-genocide

Second Chance

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I watched a PBS special last night. Somehow I had missed the fact that an Ottoman military court condemned to death the three architects of the genocide. It blows my mind that the successor state to the Empire, the Republic of Turkey, can so callously reject reality.

Reaction score
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance) said:
I watched a PBS special last night. Somehow I had missed the fact that an Ottoman military court condemned to death the three architects of the genocide. It blows my mind that the successor state to the Empire, the Republic of Turkey, can so callously reject reality.
People don't want to believe that their own people, ancestors, family members, etc, were capable of such horrific crimes.

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
underzealousconvert94 said:
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance) said:
People don't want to believe that their own people, ancestors, family members, etc, were capable of such horrific crimes.
Or they want another chance to fill up the measure of their wrath.