• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Moderator introduction (sticky) thread?

FinnJames

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Orthodox Church of Finland
Many of the user profiles on OC.net are incomplete or rather fanciful so not particularly helpful if a forum reader wishes to know the background of the writer of a post. That leads me to ask: Is there a thread where those who have been granted moderator status (re)introduce themselves, telling things like their church/jurisdictional affiliation, clerical/lay status, age, location, and anything else that qualifies them to moderate they feel it would be relevant to share with forum readers?

If such a thread exists, could someone point me to it?
If no such thread exists, do others think it would be worthwhile starting one?

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
Jurisdiction
Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
Since moderators are appointed by the site administrators, they don't need to prove their suitability to the general population, much less to anyone who stumbles upon our completely public side.

In short, whatever is not on the profile (and very little on there is mandatory anyway) is none of your business.

LizaSymonenko

Hoplitarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
uocofusa.org
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
FinnJames said:
Many of the user profiles on OC.net are incomplete or rather fanciful so not particularly helpful if a forum reader wishes to know the background of the writer of a post. That leads me to ask: Is there a thread where those who have been granted moderator status (re)introduce themselves, telling things like their church/jurisdictional affiliation, clerical/lay status, age, location, and anything else that qualifies them to moderate they feel it would be relevant to share with forum readers?

If such a thread exists, could someone point me to it?
If no such thread exists, do others think it would be worthwhile starting one?
I belong to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A. (Ecumenical Patriarchate).

As a female, there's no chance of anything other than laity status.

I am perpetually in my 30's and live near Detroit.

If there's anything more you wish to know...send  me a PM.  :)

FinnJames

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Orthodox Church of Finland
Arachne said:
Since moderators are appointed by the site administrators, they don't need to prove their suitability to the general population, much less to anyone who stumbles upon our completely public side.

In short, whatever is not on the profile (and very little on there is mandatory anyway) is none of your business.
Please forgive my impertinence in asking.

Arachne

Matriarch
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
Jurisdiction
Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
FinnJames said:
Arachne said:

Please forgive my impertinence in asking.
I'd call it curiosity. Can't be encouraging gossip, can we? :police:

TheTrisagion

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Arachne is Greek. You can tell by her sauciness.

mike

Protostrator
Reaction score
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk
All new moderators have an introdution thread in this section. You can searh for them.

RobS

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Every member who claims to be Orthodox should be forced to post their baptismal certificate.

kelly

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
nothing said:
Every member who claims to be Orthodox should be forced to post their baptismal certificate.
My baptismal certificate is Lutheran and I didn't even GET a certificate for my chrismation... I do have pictorial proof though.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Faith
-
Jurisdiction
-
nothing said:
Mine's Catholic, you mad?

serb1389

Merarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Vallejo, CA (current); Gurnee, IL (greater Chicag
Website
www.greekorthodoxvallejo.org
I am a Baptised Serbian Orthodox Christian born in Serbia, grew up in Chicago-land for most of my life.  Went to a Greek Orthodox Seminary for 7 years and have been blessed with the opportunity to serve the Greek Archdiocese in America, on the West Coast.  I was ordained in 2010 (as a Deacon and a Priest, within a month of each other), am married and have 1 daughter. 

I came to the forum through Fr. George and a gaggle of other old-school posters, most of which don't post here any more.  I think i've been a member since like 2006. 

Anything else you wanna know, just ask!  i'm an open book.