• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Mother given one month to live

Phoenix73

Elder
Reaction score
Metastatic breast cancer to the brain, she is 78 and has refused treatment, I know 78 is a good amount of years, but to die this way, my brother is intellectually disabled and she is his world, she has not prepared him, he knows something serious is wrong and has basically gone crazy :'( I am in a living hell and I know I bought it upon myself, because I wished that I did not have to worry about her and him and they would be better off in heaven, safe from this world, I actually wished her dead on Friday  three times because I thought she was getting demented and was hassling me and I was so sick and exhausted and I told her months ago to see a doctor as I knew she was not well and she never prepared my brother, she went into hospital on Monday, so after three days in hospital he lost it and there was nowhere we could leave him. I feel so guilty and evil and cursed I just want my life to end, I showed her no love or understanding  or patience and the steroids and the tumor are making her lash out at me, I know I deserve that and worse. God please forgive me.

xOrthodox4Christx

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Catholic Church
Jurisdiction
Orthodox Church in America
Lord have mercy.

scamandrius

Merarches
Reaction score
Faith
Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Denver
Lord, have mercy.

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Coptic
Lord, have mercy

marigold

Protokentarchos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Metropolis of Atlanta
Lord, have mercy on Phoenix73 and her family.
Shower your mercy on Phoenix73 and her mother and brother.
Grant that her mother's passage from this life be peaceful, and that she have a good account before the awesome judgment seat of Christ.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Warned
Reaction score
Faith
No
Jurisdiction
No
Lord have mercy.

Most Holy Theotokos, pray for us.

stavros_388

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Lord have mercy.

I am so sorry to hear what you're going through. May God give you strength and comfort.

Maria

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.euphrosynoscafe.com
Faith
TrueGenuine Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
GOC under Archbishop Stephanos
Any updates?

Lord have mercy.

Blessed Vladyka Theodore of Old Valaam, intercede to God for us.

Maximum Bob

Archon
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Lord, have mercy on your handmaiden Phoenix73, and have mercy on her family.

littlepilgrim64

High Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
GOA
Lord, have mercy!

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother and this very difficult time you are going through. Take all of your cares to the Lord . . .He will sustain you!

Christos3

Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OCA
Lord have mercy

Maria

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.euphrosynoscafe.com
Faith
Jurisdiction
Please post the baptismal or first name of your mom so that we can pray specifically for her.

Thanks.

Lord have mercy.

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Coptic
Maria said:
Please post the baptismal or first name of your mom so that we can pray specifically for her.

Thanks.

Lord have mercy.
I don't think that's necessary.  Just pray for his mother.  That's all that's required.

Fabio Leite

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Website
vidaortodoxa.blogspot.com.br
Lord have mercy on you and your family.

You did not cause this, we all leave this world eventually. I am sorry that her passing away is involved with so much but you did not bring this about, no matter what anyone (including yourself) say. Right now it's time to pray.

Phoenix73

Elder
Reaction score
Continued prayers please,

The only good news we have at the moment is that the breast cancer is highly hormone sensitive which can be treated with tablets at home, it has spread, I am not delusional that she will be cured, if the  single brain tumor is removed, which is what is giving her the symptoms, there should be some quality to her life, she has decided to put up some fight....but we will see. If the tumour is not removed or eradicated she only has a month.

We are working on getting my brother into respite, so I can focus on her, he normally is so good, but apart from his intellectual disability there seems to be underlying psychological issues as well that she was in denial about, she never wanted him medicated, but that look at the situation now.... Decisions that were meant to have been made years ago are being made in hours.

I love my brother but the situation is exhausting, I have been exhausted my whole life, one family drama after another, I feel so guilty but I will do anything to have her well, even for a short time.

I wish those words never came out of my mouth, I told her at Easter she needs to go to hospital and she threatened to call the police on me, you have not seen stubborn until you have met my mother, God please help and protect her, bless her with a miracle and peace.

thank you all for your words, prayers, support and forgiveness.

God Bless you all.

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Patriarchate of Antioch
Lord, have mercy!

Dominika

Merarches
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Antiochian Patriarchate/POC
Lord have mercy on your whole family!

mabsoota

Archon
Reaction score
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
Orthodox (Coptic)
may God give you peace, this looks like it is all very stressful.
remember your mother had free will to take your advice to go to the doctor or not take it.
even God allows us to have free will, so it is not your fault she did not go.
if it was your fault, it would mean you are bigger than God!

i pray that God will bring the right people to support your family through this difficult time.

Maximum Bob

Archon
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Continued prayers. Lord, have mercy.

Luke

Merarches
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Metropolis of San Francisco
LORD have mercy!

Maria

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.euphrosynoscafe.com
Faith
Jurisdiction
Phoenix73 said:
Continued prayers please,

The only good news we have at the moment is that the breast cancer is highly hormone sensitive which can be treated with tablets at home, it has spread, I am not delusional that she will be cured, if the  single brain tumor is removed, which is what is giving her the symptoms, there should be some quality to her life, she has decided to put up some fight....but we will see. If the tumour is not removed or eradicated she only has a month.

We are working on getting my brother into respite, so I can focus on her, he normally is so good, but apart from his intellectual disability there seems to be underlying psychological issues as well that she was in denial about, she never wanted him medicated, but that look at the situation now.... Decisions that were meant to have been made years ago are being made in hours.

I love my brother but the situation is exhausting, I have been exhausted my whole life, one family drama after another, I feel so guilty but I will do anything to have her well, even for a short time.

I wish those words never came out of my mouth, I told her at Easter she needs to go to hospital and she threatened to call the police on me, you have not seen stubborn until you have met my mother, God please help and protect her, bless her with a miracle and peace.

thank you all for your words, prayers, support and forgiveness.

God Bless you all.
Lord have mercy.

All ye holy saints of God, intercede to God for us.

Sam G

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
ACROD
Lord, have mercy.

Papastamatis

Reaction score
May the Great Lord Have Mercy on those who are passing through hard times and injustices

Maria

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.euphrosynoscafe.com
Faith
Jurisdiction
Have there been any updates?

Lord have mercy.

Sam G

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
ACROD
Lord, have mercy.

Phoenix73

Elder
Reaction score
She will be going into surgery on Monday to remove the brain tumour which they are positive is a metastasis, if this God willing goes well then this will get rid of her symptoms and give her some quality in life for however long God is willing, I have faith that things will be alright,  the breast cancer she has is estrogen positive so it can be treated with hormone therapy at this point, my brother has settled into respite well, they are breaking so many rules to  accommodate our situation, God bless them.

The priest came and gave her communion today, but with a brain tumor and being on steroids she is having paranoia and delusions which are just so exhausting, I just want my mum back to normal, even if it's for a short time, she believes we have been hexed, so the priest also read the vaskania as well. To top everything off, I after we dropped my brother off to respite on Wednesday we were involved in an accident with a semi trailer, my fault, I was so emotional and exhausted, it was bumper to bumper traffic and I moved lanes, I was 3/4 in, I thought he saw me, but Thank God the impact was minimal but car very damaged, least of my problems, and we were not injured, that was a miracle.

In all this chaos, I believe I have found my faith, compassion and soul again,nbut I need to seek forgiveness please keep praying that everything goes well for her on Monday and Thank you and God bless you all.

Georgii

Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
ROCOR, German episcopate
Lord have mercy.

Indocern

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Christian
Jurisdiction
Orthodox
Lord visit and heal this mother.

quietmorning

Archon
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
Glory to God for His profound mercy!!!

Lord, have mercy, Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy!!

Continued prayers - Lord have mercy.

turtlemom

Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
Dear one, we are all sinners. We all fall short of the mark. It is at times like this that we become sensative to our shortcomings. Go to your mother now, and, despite the effects of the tumor and the steroids, tell her your true feelings for her and about her, your love for her. Tell her you forgive her any shortcomings she might have had, and ask her forgiveness for any shortcomings you have had as her child.

No matter what she says, be assured that somewhere in her mind and her heart she does forgive you and she does love you. Don't let her drug and illness-induced paranoia affect your love for her. She is not herself right now.

May God's Holy Will, not necessarily ours, be done.

Phoenix73

Elder
Reaction score
I know I have my mothers forgiveness, it's God's I am not that sure off, all she asked that if her time came that she would go peacefully, never like this, but I do feel something good will come of all of this, there is a huge lesson for me to learn,she is responding well to the hormone tablets, the breast cancer she has is inflammatory, no sign of a lump, but you can see the rash receding with the hormone tablets, it has only been 10 days since she has been on them, it came on so suddenly, I feel that if the operation goes well tomorrow she will be ok, atleast for a while. I pray for that miracle to come.