• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Muslim Imam: Christian Worship "is worse than bloodshed and murder"

xOrthodox4Christx

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Said Dr. Ahmed al-Naqib in Egypt.
https://www.jihadwatch.org/2016/12/raymond-ibrahim-christian-worship-is-worse-than-murder-and-bloodshed said:
For an idea on why Egypt’s Coptic Christians and their churches are constantly under attack—most recently last Sunday, when a church was bombed, killing at least 25 Christians—one need merely listen to the words and teachings of some of the nation’s Muslim preachers.

Take Dr. Ahmed al-Naqib, for instance. He has studied at the best Islamic madrassas, including Al Azhar, authored numerous books on doctrine, received awards and decorations for his academic achievements, and regularly appears on television. In one video, he appears discussing an earlier Muslim mob attack on a church in Egypt, which the media and government always denounce as fitna, an Arabic word that means temptation or discord and which Islam commands Muslims to oppose.

Citing revered Islamic texts including the Koran, Dr. Naqib explained that the open display of shirk—the greatest sin in Islam, associating someone else with God, which the Koran accuses Christians of doing via the Trinity—“is the worst form of fitna, worse than murder and bloodshed.”

In other words, and as he went on to make perfectly clear in the remainder of the video, fitna (or discord) is not when Muslims attack Christian churches—far from it—but rather when Christians are allowed to flaunt their shirk (or “blasphemies”) in churches near Muslims. Fighting that—even to the point of “murder and bloodshed”—is preferable....

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
biro said:
Ah, Jihad Watch. Beacon of normalcy.

/
If a stopped clock is right twice a day, that still leaves something like 1,400 times a day when it is wrong, so the entire concept of telling time is bogus and time pieces are an evil influence on society which should be ridiculed and marginalised.  Squee.

WPM

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Get out Get out you Muslim heretic.

biro

Protostrator
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
archiveofourown.org
Mor Ephrem said:
biro said:

/
If a stopped clock is right twice a day, that still leaves something like 1,400 times a day when it is wrong, so the entire concept of telling time is bogus and time pieces are an evil influence on society which should be ridiculed and marginalised.  Squee.
Yep.

/

xOrthodox4Christx

Taxiarches
Reaction score
biro said:

/
I agree, it's not all trustworthy, but this case is. Anyway, a curious admission came from Robert Spencer recently in one of his posts. In response to the claim that jihad has nothing to do with religion, Spencer writes, "This is the official Vatican line. Pope Francis has said that “authentic Islam and the proper reading of the Koran are opposed to every form of violence.” In the prevailing atmosphere of papal idolatry, some Catholic authorities believe that this is binding Catholic teaching that all Catholic believers must accept. The papal idolaters don’t realize that in insisting on this they are cutting the ground out from their own feet, as their position would be tantamount to binding believers to a falsehood, which would mean that the Catholic Church itself is false."

It's ironic. He's so close, yet so far.

Reaction score
While Jihad Watch has a mixed record, in this case this is true. Still most will put there heads in the sand, hoping it not cut off  :(

Irish45

Reaction score
Will someone give me a quick summary of what makes Jihad Watch's record "mixed"?  I'm unfamiliar with the site and judging by the name, If I googled it, the results would be inflammatory stories from the media about the site.  I trust the folks in here more so to give me a balanced opinion to catch me up to speed.  Thank you! 

seekeroftruth777 said:
While Jihad Watch has a mixed record, in this case this is true. Still most will put there heads in the sand, hoping it not cut off  :(