• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

My Friend's Dad Died Last Night

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Around 10 or 11PM last night my friend's dad died. She was extremely close to her dad and is very sad. And she is only my age, so losing a parent that young must really be difficult. Please keep her and the soul of her departed dad in your prayers. I actually knew her dad since 8th grade. He used to volunteer around our school a lot; when we got a bit older like highschool freshman and I had a huge crush on his daughter my friend, he used to drive us around to theme parks like Great America. He taught me the value of maintaining eye contact and giving a firm handshake, always said I was a great kid. I feel very bizarre and somewhat saddened knowing that someone I knew is dead. Thank you.

IXOYE

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Memory eternal!

vorgos

High Elder
Reaction score
May he rest in peace and may the Lord have mercy on his family and friends.