• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

My Mother Might have Breast Cancer

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
I don’t really post much on here anymore, but they found a lump inside of one of my mother’s breasts and are performing a biopsy. We will not know until Tuesday at the earliest whether or not it is cancerous.

Please pray for my mother.

This might not be the appropriate forum for this, but I am trying to track down some Holy oil from St. Nectarios of Aegina for her. If anyone has any leads or even possesses the oil itself, please message me. I would be more than willing to make a donation via PayPal.

Agabus

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Lord have mercy.

I am sorry to hear this James. I hope all ends well.

WPM

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me.

IXOYE

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy!

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Lord, have mercy.

RaphaCam

Patriarch of Trashposting
Reaction score
Website
em-espirito-e-em-verdade.blogspot.com
Holy unmercenaries, have mercy on us. Theotokos, save us.

If you use Facebook, maybe you might succeed in getting the oil in the Facebook group "Ask About the Orthodox Faith", there are a lot of people of all kinds there, one might point you in the right direction.

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your support and prayers. The good news is that she does not have breast cancer nor does she require any treatment. Apparently some of the tissue inside of her breast is simply more muscular than the rest.

Ainnir

Taxiarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Glory to God.