My prayer life

wayseer

Reaction score
I live a rather long way from the nearest Orthodox Church which entails a round trip of of over 500 kilometers.  The result is that I have no contact with any other Orthodox on a regular basis other then via the web. And although I have not be admitted to the Orthodox Church I sense this process will being in ernest in the not too distant future.

However, I do have a library collection which now includes the Orthodox Study Bible, a Lectionary from St Andrew's Theological College in Sydney, a prayer book by Bishop Kallistos Ware, Praying with the Orthodox Tradition and a double CD of the Divine Liturgy by Saint John Chrysostom in English complied by Cappella Romana which I chant along with.

I'm wondering if anyone has any other suggestions.

Lord have Mercy.

Maria

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.euphrosynoscafe.com
Howdy. Good to see you here.

I have been reading the life of St. Nectarios of Pentapolis. There are two excellent biographies on him.

Luckster

Reaction score
Ouch, that's quite a trek. Growing up, the nearest Orthodox Church was two hours away, so that meant getting up very early, but we only attended twice a month because of that. My recommendation about that would be try to spend a weekend up in that town once a month and the weekend during Pascha. As one priest told me, "A good prayer life is terrific, but you'll still need the Sacraments."