• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Need help returning

montalo

Archon
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
ACROD
So, update in my life.

I've been to church maybe, three times in the past two or so years. Every week at about Wednesday or Thursday I promise myself to make it to church this coming Sunday, but I never manage to do it on Sunday.

I'm terrible at starting ha it's, and keeping them even though I know I need to do so and that going is important to me.

I need help making and sticking with going.

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Coptic
What's holding you back?

montalo

Archon
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
ACROD
minasoliman said:
What's holding you back?
I'm honestly not entirely sure.

Could be laziness, could be a newly established routine(i wake up and go get coffee), im not sure.

I was a lot better when i was in undergrad and relied on rides tog et to church, because i was responsible to someone and knew he(the man who would become my godfather) would always be there.

Speaking of him, ive sadly let that relationship disappear; He contacted me a couple times, but I never responded. partially out of embarassment that i havent been going in forever.

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Coptic
You should contact him back soon.  Maybe now after you read this.

Laziness is harsh, and there's no real easy fix for it except to get up!  Develop a routine to prepare yourself for liturgy throughout the week.  Get up, pray, take a shower, have your breakfast, brush your teeth.  Does not have to be a long prayer.  Spend only five minutes in the morning, five minutes in the afternoon, and five minutes before you sleep.

Build yourself up, and do not lose contact with those who care for you.  The reason you are not returning the call is simple:  you are feeling guilty about your spiritual state and you just want to hide.  But, where will you hide from the Lord?  Swallow your pride and call him back.

God bless.

WPM

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Faith
Ethiopian Jew
Doesn't that mean someone else? ...