New Coptic Pope Chosen: Anba Tawadros

mabsoota

Archon
Reaction score
beautiful beyond words...
i will copy it to another website; quoting this one.

by the way, the letter from the eastern orthodox website is found more easily here:
http://www.patriarchateofalexandria.com/index.php?module=news&action=details&id=864
(the other link led me to the greek version)

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
mabsoota said:
beautiful beyond words...
i will copy it to another website; quoting this one.

by the way, the letter from the eastern orthodox website is found more easily here:
http://www.patriarchateofalexandria.com/index.php?module=news&action=details&id=864
(the other link led me to the greek version)
ah yes...thank you...my apologies...

In any case, it's listed under November 4 news feed of the website once you click on the English link from the top.

copticmind

Reaction score
Website
copticmind.wordpress.com
minasoliman said:
Actually check out 4:50:30 and on.  HB Pope Theodorus II the Greek gives his congratulatory speech ending with a gift and an Axios.  I must say that is unheard of in the history of our churches.  This was an unusual enthronement service.  What made it more unusual was the diptych by the ArchChanter Ibrahim Ayad before the reading of the gospel, which included Pope Tawadros, Patriarch Mar Ignatius Zaka, and Pope Theodoros.  Never on an official level has this happened before as far as I recall.
YEAH... I watched the enthronement service live, and I couldn't believe my ears! I wanted to repeat that part again to make sure that cantor Ibrahim really mentioned H.B.'s name. So I waited until the enthronement was uploaded to YouTube and watched that part again! even if all of this was unusual, I really felt the genuine and brotherly love, that hopefully will lead to something fruitful in the near future.

But this wasn't the first time I witness a similar thing, I remember that several years ago, H.B. Pope Peter VII (the previous Greek Orthodox Patriarch of Alexandria) visited my church in Alexandria, and he entered the church in a procession while our deacons were chanting the Coptic Papal hymns. H.B. gave then a really heart-warming talk that I unfortunately fail to remember, but I still can recall how I felt while listening to his words.

copticmind

Reaction score
Website
copticmind.wordpress.com
ialmisry said:
The seating arrangement of the Greek HH Pope Theodore II is interesting.

HE Met. Bakhomious got the Coptic HH Pope Theodore II's papacy off to a good start.  His Arabic (Classical, that is) was excellent.
H.E.'s speech was great, but not without grammatical mistakes, I was a bit irritated when H.E. "كان يكسر المفعول به و ينصب المضاف إليه" (sorry can't write this in English). But, of course, this doesn't diminish the value of his great words that really showed how humble he is.