• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

[New Feature]: Chat

Bobby

Archon
Reaction score
Back by popular demand, I've added in an Ajax Chat which is linked into the forum username database.

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/chat to access...use your forum username/password to enter.

The bottom of the forum page will indicate whether or not there is anyone in the chat room.

Enjoy!
Robert

stanley123

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Faith
Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction
USA
Thanks for this feature.

Bobby

Archon
Reaction score
Ya, shortly.  I need to create some new buttons.  Stay tuned.

Robert

Veniamin

Archon
Reaction score
On the OC.net forum page, you can see users in chat right under the users online.  Once you're actually in chat, they'll be listed on the right hand side.

chris

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.belarusancathedral.org
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OAA
In case anyone is interested, I'll be lurking in the Chatbox for a while!

Now is your chance to speak with an Admin guy about recent developments, life, and the abysmal play of my Bengals!

+Fr Chris

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Orthodox Church in America
ytterbiumanalyst said:
^ Father, you own tigers? :eek: I knew you liked cats, but still.... ;D
Including one who now calls himself Ocho Cinco?

chris

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OAA
ytterbiumanalyst said:
PeterTheAleut said:
ytterbiumanalyst said:
^ Father, you own tigers? :eek: I knew you liked cats, but still.... ;D
We were just talking about that at lunch. It doesn't even mean "eighty-five." It means "eight five." ::)
Why should this poor attempt at Spanish not be surprising, coming from a Bengal?

Last Friday, as I was dropping off my middle two kids to their school, one of the local stations was announcing that they are starting an Injury Fantasy Football League for this year.

I called in, and managed to get a team known for their poor conditioning and injury-plagued seasons: the Cincinnati Bengals!

And, the Classic Rock station that is holding this contest is amused that one of the contestants is the city's Greek Orthodox priest.

Let's hope that the Bengals have a series of spiritually profitable player injuries that do not result in anyone terribly hurt, and that I can overcome this huge lead that the person picking the Patriots has probably amassed, now that Brady is injured.

SolEX01

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
www.goarch.org
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Greek Orthodox Metropolis of New Jersey
Joe Flacco - MVP - maybe I spoke too soon, let's see how he does against the Steelers.  Put it another way, Flacco has 1 win while Troy Aikman went 1-15 in his first full Pro Season; I don't see the Ravens losing 15 in a row even though I predicted a 1-15 season....  :eek:

chris

Taxiarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
OAA
PeterTheAleut said:
The great thing is that I have read some fans referring to Chad Ocho Cinco as "Chad Uno Catcho"  :D

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
FrChris said:
PeterTheAleut said:
The great thing is that I have read some fans referring to Chad Ocho Cinco as "Chad Uno Catcho"  :D
Of course, I can still remember the college game (Oregon State University) when Chad was going to score so easily that he started hotdogging 5 yards short of the goal line and ended up dropping the ball for a turnover.  Man was his coach p***ed!

Son of Man

Reaction score
Website
isgodimaginary.com
This chat looks like a great feature.  I would like to recommend this mod for use on another forum, but i'm not sure if the what its bandwidth requirements are.  Does anyone know this?

By the way, I like that color-chooser for the text.  Nice touch.  : )

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
PeterTheAleut said:
FrChris said:
PeterTheAleut said:
Of course, I can still remember the college game (Oregon State University) when Chad was going to score so easily that he started hotdogging 5 yards short of the goal line and ended up dropping the ball for a turnover.  Man was his coach p***ed!
Looks as if I might have confused Chad Ocho Cinco with Leon Lett:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE1G-Dn7nUs

Video of another boneheaded goal line fumble:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ogI_K-JmCc

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Faith
-
Jurisdiction
-
Robert said:
Back by popular demand, I've added in an Ajax Chat which is linked into the forum username database.

http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/chat to access...use your forum username/password to enter.

The bottom of the forum page will indicate whether or not there is anyone in the chat room.

Enjoy!
Robert
Link does not work!

Seth84

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
I miss chatting with people. :(

PeterTheAleut

Hypatos
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
The forum admins dissociated OC.net from that chat site, so I imagine we disabled all the links to it.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Faith
DSM 5
Jurisdiction
Apostle to the Church of ASD
Ionnis said:
I miss chatting with people. :(
I know a guy, who knows a guy . . .

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Faith
DSM 5
Jurisdiction
PeterTheAleut said:
The forum admins dissociated OC.net from that chat site, so I imagine we disabled all the links to it.
The chat software associated with this site was open to some security problems. So it was shut down, as the folks able to fix it pretty much ain't Orthodox anymore.

Another site was born unofficially associated with this site. Due to creative differences, it became officially unassociated with this site.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Faith
DSM 5
Jurisdiction
Some folks like Achronos have like 43 icons that let you get in touch with them, FWIW.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Faith
-
Jurisdiction
-
PeterTheAleut said:
The admins didn't like the chat they set up themselves, on their own site? That's strange of them. Or perhaps you are thinking of a different chat room. Even though the oc.net "official" chat room was not too much different than the "unofficial" one, so it's an easy mistake to make.  8)

Deborah

Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Antiochian by desire, Greek by necessity
Mods - will chat ever be made available again on OC.net?  It seems rather pointless having a dead chat link if there are no plans to have it reinstated...

Anastasios

Merarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.anastasioshudson.com
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Greek Old Calendarist
Deborah said:
Mods - will chat ever be made available again on OC.net?  It seems rather pointless having a dead chat link if there are no plans to have it reinstated...
No, no plans at present. That AJAX chat had major security flaws, so we disabled it.

When I upgraded the forum last month, I finally removed the dead link.