• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

New Tech Support Account

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
Good evening!

Anastasios has enlisted the help of others to assist in cleaning up the forum database, removing the glitches, and possibly upgrades in the future.  With there being more than one person working on technical support issues, a Tech Support account was created to give one destination for glitch reports that the whole team can utilize. 

If you're having technical difficulties (i.e. error messages or glitches), feel free to PM Tech Support, and someone will review and assist you.  The Tech Support helpers will also do their best to address issues brought up right here in the "Technical Help" forum - but please do not use this space as the primary location for reporting glitches / error messages.

Keep in mind: the Tech Support folks are not moderators, so they can't help you with your warnings or appeals.  Those should go through the usual pathway.

If you have any questions, let me know! 

+ Fr. George
Forum Administrator

Tech Support

Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
Faith
Orthodox
Jurisdiction
N/A
Greetings.  I am the Tech Support user.  Please send all reports of problems with the websites to me.  I am a psuedo-user account jointly operated by Anastasios, Alpha 60, Fr. George, and other members of the OCNet Technical Support team.  Please do not send bug reports or technical support questions  to any of those members, as the list of members who have access to this account is subject to change. 

Instead, you can always PM me any time you have a technical support issue, whether you are reporting a problem with the website or are requesting technical assistance in using the OCNet forums (with the exception of requests for username changes and access to the Private Forums; these should be sent only to Fr. George or another Administrator).

Please do not send me any complaints, questions or appeals concerning forum moderation.

From time to time, I may make announcements concerning website availability in the following format, using enlarged teal-coloured text.  Please do not spoof the appearance of this text:

A maintenance window is presently scheduled for Clean Tuesday and Clean Wednesday, following the regularly scheduled Clean Monday shutdown.  On Clean Tueday and Clean Wednesday, access to the website may be subject to extended interruptions and shut downs while we migrate our backend server system to improve reliability.

If, after Clean Wednesday (March 12) you should notice any irregular or erratic behavior from the website, please send me a PM containing a report of this, along with, if possible, a link to a screenshot, and information on your browser and operating system version, if you have this.