• Christ is Risen!
  • Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

OC.NET BETA TEST

Bobby

Archon
Reaction score
All,

I have a new version of the forum software running on http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/testforum

I'd really appreciate it if a few folks would mind logging in there and testing things out, see how it works, and offer feedback as appropriate.  I'd especially like to extend the invite to the moderator staff as well, as a number of new features will make our lives a bit easier.

Please put any feedback you may have on this thread.  Any postings that you create over there will NOT be carried over and will eventually be deleted.  However, feel free to experiment around and what not.

Robert

Veniamin

Archon
Reaction score
I'm not sure how I like the new post moderation manager.  Lemme play around with it some more and I'll get back to you on that.  Any chance we could rig up some posts from a poster on post moderation so we can mess around with those, as well?

Bobby

Archon
Reaction score
Yea, you can warn as many folks as you want.  It won't reflect back on their real profile.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
Robert said:
Yea, you can warn as many folks as you want. 
You want it, you got it.

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
I'll go over and make a new post for you to warn me.  ;D

Bobby

Archon
Reaction score
I'm more interested in the functionality aspects, speed aspects, and stability aspects as I'm contemplating upgrading this site.  I want to give everyone the adequate chance to test it out, because I don't want any unhappy campers.

So copious comments are appreciated.

ytterbiumanalyst

Merarches
Reaction score
I noticed this "penalty box" idea. Is that a new level between "muted" and "banned"? Or is it something entirely different?

As far as functionality goes, I did notice that the new site was a lot faster, but it could be because there are far fewer users right now.

Bobby

Archon
Reaction score
So...any other showstoppers?  I need to put upgrading the site on the roadmap.

Aristocles

Merarches
Reaction score
Color coding (Red) reflecting my new "Muted" status does not follow through on main forum page. Also, received my "Warning" for a "guest".

And cute that I get asked a question, cleveland, when I can't answer it being muted  :D

And are we going to play the 'reload the avatars' game again?

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Αριστοκλής said:
Color coding (Red) reflecting my new "Muted" status does not follow through on main forum page. Also, received my "Warning" for a "guest".

And cute that I get asked a question, cleveland, when I can't answer it being muted  :D
I thought it was a nice touch!

Αριστοκλής said:
And are we going to play the 'reload the avatars' game again? 
Goodness, I hope not!

Aristocles

Merarches
Reaction score
cleveland said:
I thought it was a nice touch!

Goodness, I hope not!
oops...sorry; meant I got my email & PM notice of warning FROM a "guest". Seemed odd.

Yes, was nice touch; bet my wife would like to figure how to use that here at home.  :D

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Αριστοκλής said:
Yes, was nice touch; bet my wife would like to figure how to use that here at home.  :D
I'm sorry to have given her the idea...