• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

OC POV on Evangelical Things

Mor Ephrem

Hypatos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.orthodoxchristianity.net
Faith
Mercenary Freudianism
Jurisdiction
Texas Feminist Coptic
FormerReformer said:
In my experience as a connoisseur of women's derrieres the only way there's a difference between pants and a skirt as concerns that particular area is if the skirt in question happens to be of the hoop variety so that the material never has so much as a hope of making contact. The only shapes a skirt obscures over pants are those of the legs and the area where the legs meet, the latter of which made women wearing pants such a scandal when the pant suit was first introduced. 

Heck, I've seen nuns' habits that did a poor job of obscuring the rear region when said region was of such a spectacular quality that even white boys got ta shout...
Will you be my friend? 

Christina

Reaction score
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
FormerReformer said:
Christina said:
Porter ODoran said:
Christina said:
Volnutt said:
Christina said:
Volnutt said:
Christina said:
It was explained to me that pants aren't as modest as long skirts because everyone can see the shape of your derriere, and this can be a distraction from prayer.
I think it depends on how tight the pants are and how they are cut. One could certainly wear a long skirt or dress cut to accentuate the rear.
The point is not to accentuate the rear.  I have a hard time finding any pants that don't do that, so I don't wear them to DL.
That's what I mean. But if you can't find them, then you can't find them.

I just worry that such things put too much pressure on women and not on men's ability to develop some self-control, ya know?
I think we're equally responsible.  We can't help how we're made or what's in fashion (ugh!), but if I shamelessly flaunt my rear end (or whatever), then I'm a stumbling block to my brother.  If I'm making some kind of effort to cover myself and he's still looking, then it's his issue.
If you're cutting a window, then I suppose you ought to worry.
LOL!  Never underestimate the power of Super Too Low Levi's.
In my experience as a connoisseur of women's derrieres the only way there's a difference between pants and a skirt as concerns that particular area is if the skirt in question happens to be of the hoop variety so that the material never has so much as a hope of making contact. The only shapes a skirt obscures over pants are those of the legs and the area where the legs meet, the latter of which made women wearing pants such a scandal when the pant suit was first introduced. 

Heck, I've seen nuns' habits that did a poor job of obscuring the rear region when said region was of such a spectacular quality that even white boys got ta shout...
That's just wrong!  I'll be thinking of nuns with ba-donk-a-donk for the rest of the day.  LOL

A hoop skirt would interfere with my ability to fit in between the pews (yes, I know, is outrage!) and perform prostrations.  Therefore, I tend to wear A-line skirts or broomstick skirts made of material that isn't clingy.

Inappropriate language about the brides of Christ. Please refrain from insulting the sisters of the church.
Thank you,
Thomas Convert Issues Moderator.

eddybear

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox, awaiting Chrismation
Jurisdiction
Diocese of Sourozh
How did a thread about tongues, prophecy and head coverings turn into a discussion of nuns' rears???

Inappropriate language about the brides of Christ. Please refrain from insulting the sisters of the church.
Thank you,

NanaDeborah

Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction
Antiochian
yas said:
My husband thinks the prophets are fake and my mom warns me never to drink the juice they offer at church. Ha. Calling them prophets even feels funny. Looking back at it all, that entire church feels foreign. Has any one else experience this feeling of foreignness to their old church?
Oh yes, I came out of one of those churches.  Thankfully as time goes on I think about it less and less. I will NEVER go back!  NOTHING about it appeals to me in the least any more, and I am SO thankful to be where I am. Sometimes when I am praying I just totally break down in tears of thanksgiving to be delivered from all that.

FormerReformer

Archon
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Website
mcommini2.blogspot.com
Faith
Convertodox
Jurisdiction
Netodoxy
eddybear said:
How did a thread about tongues, prophecy and head coverings turn into a discussion of nuns' rears???
Better question - why doesn't every thread?

Mor Ephrem said:
Will you be my friend? 
If the Mor be with me who can be against me?

Agabus

The user formerly known as Agabus
Reaction score
Faith
Magnificat
Jurisdiction
La Virgen de Caridad del Cobre
eddybear said:
What will be, will be.

Thank you,

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Reaction score
Faith
Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
Jurisdiction
Enemy State Orthodox Church Abroad
Agabus said:
eddybear said:
What will be, will be.
It is OCnet after all.