• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

OO in portugal

Joha

High Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Coptic
Forgive me for my selfishness since I am rarely around here last few months and just come here to ask for help. I did search but did not find a suitable topic.

I have been living in Lisbon for the last 2 month's and will stay here for at least a year for work. I am looking for a church. Since Portugal is mainly a Catholic country there are few Orthodox Churches, let alone Oriental Orthodox Churches. (I found non.)
I am in need, I simply grave to attend Church and if at all possible partake in Holy Communion. Since I am baptised in the Coptic Orthodox Church I am looking for a Oriental Orthodox Church. I don't know where to look any more...
I am considering to attend the Russian Orthodox Church in Lisbon but I still could not partake in Holy Communion as far as I know.

I just don't know what to do in this situation, paralysing me, which makes it hard not to "slip".

Please pray for me and if you do have any advice please share.

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Reaction score
Faith
Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
Jurisdiction
Enemy State Orthodox Church Abroad
This is all I've found:

http://europecopticorthodoxchurches.org/?page_id=68

Google translate (hopefully someone with Arabic skills can get that first word):

Aloabarchiat and churches in

Portugal (1)

Lisbon

Ashraf Fakhouri
There is a phone number to call too.
351 962916605

I hope this helps.

Severian

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Website
www.lsocs.co.uk
Faith
Coptic Orthodox Christian
Joha said:
Forgive me for my selfishness since I am rarely around here last few months and just come here to ask for help. I did search but did not find a suitable topic.
There is no shame in asking for help.

I have been living in Lisbon for the last 2 month's and will stay here for at least a year for work. I am looking for a church. Since Portugal is mainly a Catholic country there are few Orthodox Churches, let alone Oriental Orthodox Churches. (I found non.)
That is terribly unfortunate.

I am considering to attend the Russian Orthodox Church in Lisbon but I still could not partake in Holy Communion as far as I know.
Canonically you cannot, and I wouldn't. But talk to your spiritual Father about attending the services of the Russian Church. If there are no OO churches within a reasonable distance I would attend their services weekly and then commune at the nearest OO parish even if only a few times a year.

I just don't know what to do in this situation, paralysing me, which makes it hard not to "slip".
It's understandable. It's certainly a spiritually difficult situation.

Please pray for me and if you do have any advice please share.
Of course.

qawe

High Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Coptic
hecma925 said:
This is all I've found:

Google translate (hopefully someone with Arabic skills can get that first word):

Portugal (1)

Lisbon

Ashraf Fakhouri
351 962916605

I hope this helps.
The Arabic word is "Dioceses".

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
qawe said:
hecma925 said:
This is all I've found:

Portugal (1)

Lisbon

Ashraf Fakhouri
351 962916605

I hope this helps.
The Arabic word is "Dioceses".
Thanks, I couldn't identify that word for the life of me.

Orest

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
I find this thread another example of how quickly our world has become "globalized"  with economic migrants moving from country to country working on terminal contracts.

Joha

High Elder
Reaction score
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Coptic
Thank you all so much. I will call this number as soon as I am able to.
And for the record, this has nothing to do with globalisation or terminal contracts . But I can see where the fast judgement comes from...

hecma925

Orthodox Taliban
Reaction score
Faith
Jurisdiction
I hope it works out.  I can't imagine going without Church services or communion.

If the contact doesn't pan out, there are four Coptic parishes in Spain.  The closest would be in Madrid.  There's contact info (cell phone and email) for the deacon at the Alicante parish.

http://coptos.es.contacto.html 

It'd be a nice trip by car or train.

peterfarrington

Protokentarchos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.stgeorgeministry.com
Faith
Coptic Orthodox
Jurisdiction
Patriarchal Diocese
The British EO priest in Lisbon is a wonderful generous man, and an international composer. Father Ivan Moody. Contact him and see what he can offer, if at least fellowship and prayer then accept it.