• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Oriental Orthodox Music

Salpy

Toumarches
Reaction score
Syriac hymn, "Basali":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmIx0Q6il8U

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
This thread is wonderful. Thank you all so much.

Salpy

Toumarches
Reaction score
I guess someone who went to an Armenian wedding recently decided to record some of the hymns.  Some of the recordings are pretty good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JocjUf7gnb4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3i-RKLS8tQ&feature=related

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Beautiful, but all the zoom shots at the ceiling in the second vid are kind of annoying lol.

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
A Syriac lady singing the Our Father in Aramaic. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84yb1PQRTUE&feature=related

Aram

High Elder
Reaction score
Salpy said:
If I recall correctly, this hymn is sung at Theophany in the Armenian Church:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ru4fQOmkTc
This is from Holy Thursday.  Very beginning of the Vodnlva (Feet Washing) service.

Hiwot

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Christ is Risen!
Hello everybody this is my first time in here, I thought I might share one hymn from you tube in here with the translation that I did the best I could. The singer's name is zerfe kebede,may the Lord bless her and keep her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7KcicFq_YE&feature=related

My nard( type of perfume) is my Redeemer and He has captured my heart with the sweetness of His  scent
Having seen the piercing of His hands I left all and followed Him.(2x)

I have no sleep for my eyes, and my tears have bathed my face
I have woken up in the middle of the night and I am out in search of my beloved.

My nard.....

You are the rose of saron that I found in the desert
I am sick for Your love; I am healed with Your cross

My nard....

Surpassing the mountains, encompassing the horizons
Just when the sun started to set and as the evening approached Your love summoned me my Lord.

My nard....

His left arm made me rest in peace, with His right arm He snatched me from death and embraced me.
I am my beloved’s and my beloved is mine , who can take me away from the King!

My nard...
-------->>-------
this is it for today, untill next time my dears :)
Glory be to the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit both now and ever and unto the ages of ages Amen.

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoQE-78WaXE

Hiwot

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Christ is Risen!
you are most welcome Aidan. Dear Volnutt, I saw you posted Mirtneshe's hymn so I tried to translate that one as well so others can enjoy it too. I ask all to keep in mind that english is not my first language  ;D
This hymn refers to the individual Christian and then the experience of the suffering Ethiopian church collectively, it is both melancholic and joyful at the same time as most orthodox hymns are :) I pray its edifying beauty comes forth .

There is no one like You for me O Lord
Your Love O Lord has touched my heart
I learnt to meditate on Your commandments as a babe
O Lord ,only You remain as You Are, only You remain the same.(x2)

May my boat serve You to teach
May my heart hear Your words only
Though the day has turned into night
The fish still heard Your command.

There is no one like You……

You are my beloved, You are my glory
Yours is my house ,Yours is my body
You have leveled the mountain beneath my feet
Do not stop Your help so I may not fear, so I may not die.

I regret the days I have lived without knowing You
Lo! Such love that You are, sweeter than the sweetness of honey!
What life is there other than You?!

You have slain our slayer
Helped us pass those days of suffering
We know Yours is tomorrow the new day also
So we cleave to You and with longing hearts sing Your Glory!

……………..>><<…………..
Glory be to the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit both now and ever and unto the ages of ages amen!

Iconodule

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Is there any place where one can purchase CD's by Mirtinesh or other mezmur artists?

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
A Mezmur about the Theotokos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd-VP_SA7FU&NR=1

Hiwot

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Christ is Risen!
Iconodule, I do not know if there is any credible online store you can get those CDs but if u know any ethiopian stores you might want to look for them in there.however u can easily listen to most of the hymns online from youtube, or other church websites.
Hello Volnutt, this one you posted is realy one of my favorites.With this mezmur I feel its necessary to include a brief explanation of the accompanying video clip, it depicts the ‘abenet’ school /  in these schools the church students from all over the country come to learn writing, reading , memorizing scripture starting with the psalms and the gospel ,holy liturgy  and other prayers of the church, the understanding ,deciphering and creating the poetic renderings done in the geez language. The church music with its various levels, theology of the church, the dogmas and cannons , the teachings of the church fathers, etc.  as you can see the traditional way of how the church managed to pass on the faith and holy tradition has not changed much. Most of those students have traveled great distances left their home towns to come and settle near the school. each day they rely on the nearby Christian households for their daily food. Usually the students travel two by two, into villages and when they come near a household, they use the most loved and revered name, a name invoked at the birth of every Ethiopian Muslim or Christian, to ask for whatever that household is capable of giving. ‘ be ente sima le maryam, tezekerun’ / in the name of Mary, remember us/  this way of asking for help is an identifying mark of those students ,this will get them the support they need , be it water, flour, spices, the traditional Ethiopian bread, whatever stew is available, whatever grain they have sometimes even shelter from the elements. Their tradition is to bring what they have together and share it with those who did not get enough for that day. If it takes a village to raise a child, it definitely takes a village in Ethiopia to send them to the school of the Orthodox Church to become servants of the church. The care of those students is entrusted to the Theotokos as each of them leaves the safety of their parents home. The villagers see the caring for those who are under her protection a blessing and a Christian duity. The life of the students is not an easy one, it’s filled with trials that test their determination to finish school, and mature in the spiritual life and sometimes the danger extends even to their physical safety as they travel from village to village. The attempt to improve the present condition of the abenet schools is an ongoing effort with in the church.
now I have atempted to translate the hymn.. so it goes like this.

I don’t get enough of calling your name, I take you wherever I go, you nurture my soul.
Come enter my house and your praise be abundant in me./2x/

You are the inheritance of the saints, O city of our God.
Glorious refuge of those in need.
Bless me my dear mother with your love
And may my soul be the fountain of your praise.

I don’t get enough of calling your name…./2x/

In you is written the word of our freedom
You are the tablet of the alphabet of life and your teaching is holiness.
No one created is able to contemplate the depth of your mystery.
The beauty of your name lingers in the heart forever.

In the solitude of my exile
I found blessed company in you and light in the midnight hour
You rekindled my hope, and quenched my thirst
Filled my humble abode with the abundance of your blessing.

With the sweetness of your name and your loving kindness
You are my comfort in my hour of sadness
In you the peace of the world is initiated
And you never abandon those that suffer through the storm of time.

.........>>.........
Glory be to the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit both now and ever and unto the ages of ages Amen.

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
That's amazing. I'm glad that they are keeping such traditions alive.  :)

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
What is the bowing with all the staffs called? This mezmur is so beautiful!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrJj3vwob3k

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
I like it!

What is the box with the roses behind the Cross?

Hiwot

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Christ is Risen!
Greetings Volnutt , very briefly (because there is a lot of symbolism that is integrated within it)I will try to explain .what you are seeing and hearing is called ‘wereb’ the way they are moving is called ‘shibsheba’ . It’s usually done with two groups facing each other,( although it can be done in groups of three or four also; they all have their own symbolisms) one group representing the angels the second humanity both praising God together. If the place has an elevated area like you are seeing on the video those on the highest plane represent the angles those on the lower plane represent the humans, because of the Incarnation of the Logos this new song this new union of praise of the two races ascends to the throne of the Triune God. This alignment is what is most often preferred when wereb is done to commemorate that restoration of the children of Adam among the celestial Choir that praises God without ceasing. This restoration is symbolized in the way they move during ‘shibesheba’ .  It’s a constant movement from left to right as it is a constant joyful testimony and thanksgiving for what Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ has done for us. Christ has taken Adam from death to life, from shame to glory, from hell to paradise. There is a lot of bowing symbolizing the passion of our Lord, The journey to Golgotha carrying His cross all for the love of mankind. There is the victorious joyous bowing of all humanity renewed in the Risen Christ to the Triune God. God willing I might be able to add few things to this discussion. Until then, here is the wereb and what it means roughly translated , I am only sorry that someone else did not do this particular translation because I feel I have not kept the poetic beauty of this wereb. Because most werebs are short poetic bundles who make a play of words holding vast meaning in them, well in any case this is the best I could do.

Deber tilul,wedebir regu’e lemint yitenese’u adbar regu’ane / debir zesemru yehadir westetu egziabeher aman tesebeha bedebre tabor, aman be aman /2/ tesebeha bedebere tabor.

It is a steady and fruitful (fertile) mountain, but why mention (raise?) the steady mountains, because it’s this mountain God chose to dwell in. indeed! truly! He is glorified on Mount Tabor. Truly, truly He is Glorified on Mount Tabor.

Aman be aman
Tesebeha bedebre tabor

Truly ,truly, He is Glorified on Mount Tabor!
Truly Glorified!
On Mount Tabor!
…….>>….

Brigidsboy

Elder
Staff member
Reaction score
Volnutt said:
I like it!

What is the box with the roses behind the Cross?
It represents the tomb of Christ. A small wooden cross is wrapped in fine linen and placed within it. It is carried in a procession around the church at the conclusion of the service.

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Nice montage of Indian Orthodox pictures set to music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RyM8p8g4fA

Hiwot

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Christ is Risen!
I think this is so beautiful, God bless the Armenians, and the Syrians who are sharing this beauty with us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKBtb3zZhOE

the priest's version is also so so beautiful, ever since i found this on you tube,I like to listen to it often, but especialy at the end of a stressful or rather long day, both the prayer and the way it is being prayed here just  comforts and reassures me that God is in control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-7asymfkO4&feature=related

Again thank God for those who shared this with us!

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Very nice! Thanks for posting that.

Hiwot

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Christ is Risen!
After the great lent, the fast that is cherished by all members of the church, is the fast of the Assumption of the Body of the Blessed Virgin Mary. In Ethiopia because school is closed at this time millions of orthodox youth flock to the monasteries all over the country for the entire time of the fast. and those who remain in the cities most leave the comfort of their beds and sleep on the floors, observe strict dietary restrictions, and attend ‘seatat’ the midnight prayer of the church as well as the Divine Liturgy done at mid day during week days and in the morning during the weekends. The children that come to the Divine Liturgy are so many that in order to be done on reasonable time the Holy Eucharist is given on one day for boys and the next for girls, it is at this time that most children get to learn a lot about their faith, the Traditions of the church, while fasting, and attending the Divine Liturgy they get to smell the incense, they see the holy icons, they hear of the Love and Mercy of God through the prayers of the church and when the Holy Scriptures are read, they experience the, the bells , the candles, the thousands of Christians around them, all asking the intercession of The Theotokos asking her to come among them with her Beloved Son Jesus Christ and bless them.  My most found memories of my experience within the church as a child are during this fast period. I think children need to participate in the Church services, when they experience it, when they understand it, when they are familiar with it, love is easily nurtured, and that love I think helps one to stay anchored in the orthodox way. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kklioVrL4kI&feature=related

Here is one part of the midnight prayer of the church, ‘ ne’ei ha’bene O  dingil mis’ele weledeki fikure’ki Iyesus Christos, keme tibareki la’elene’.
‘Come to us O Virgin, along with your beloved Son Jesus Christ, and bless us.’

This particular prayer is accompanied with a solemn ritual, it is done in a group of two and when one group says the first prayer, the other group prostrates themselves and pray the prayer of Mary known as ‘the magnificat’ it starts with ‘ selam lehki enze nisegid nibleki O Maryam nastebetsuaki emarewe neawi temahetsene beki , be ente Hanna emeki we Iyakhem abuki mahebere neyom dingil bareki’  we prostrate ourselves and say peace be unto you O Mary, and bless  your name,  in you we seek protection from the beast that hunts us , for the sake of your mother Hanna, and your father Joachim  we ask you Virgin to bless our assembly. Then comes the prayer St Mary prayed in Luke:1 :46-54. As that group finishes that prayer they get up at the same time the other group would be prostrating and the prayer continues...

Blessed day everyone
Glory be to the Father and to the Son and the Holy Spirit, both now and ever and unto the ages of ages Amen!

Hiwot

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Christ is Risen!
Dn.Theodoros's mezmur

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNRV1le7tJA&feature=related

The tides rose against me
The storm came after me
And those who sow said who will rescue him now!
But I escaped in peace and stillness
Because all things are possible with you O Lord.

I am healed with your wounds
I am a captive of your love
You trampled down my death by your death
And behold you raised me up to Life.
The tides…

When I came before you in prayer of supplication
You did not reject me
I humbled myself like the tax collector
And your grace and mercy sheltered me
The tides..

If I am ever shouting for joy and singing
It's because I know your love
If I am ever calling your name Lord
It's because you have changed the story of my life.
The tides..

My eyes cannot see any other than you
For you are captivating and adorable
You became my family, you became my relative
For surely who else could bare to be with me?
The tides..

blessed day.. :)
Glory be to the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit both now and ever until the ages of ages amen!

Hiwot

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Christ is Risen!

Selam everyone :)
Another mezmur by Dn. Theodoros ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax9c1LAxo3I

In The Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, One God! Amen.
Be Vigilant and Pray so you may not enter into temptation. Mathew 26:41

Let us be vigilant and pray so we may not enter into temptation
Let God enter our lives and all our assemblies
By prostrating ourselves in prayer to our Father 
Let us be girdled with might.
So we may live in grace and our adversary will be driven away.

Rise Up for Prayer!
Let us be Vigilant and Pray…….

Remember we are in the middle of the battle field
And our enemy’s legion is fully armed.
O how many among us he has stricken down finding us unarmed.
We have run out of oil , and the light of our lanterns grows dim.
How can we see the enemy’s fortress if we abandon the light?

Rise Up for Prayer!

The Lord will lean His ears towards us
He will smite the enemy
He will break his snare and will save us those who trust in Him.
He will lead us into the green pastures restoring our Hope.
Who is known to be ashamed after calling on the Name of God.!?

Rise Up for Prayer!

For He is the Oil of Glory poured on the wounded
Healing to the world and is given without payment.
The Father of Love will open His gates when we knock
He will bless us giving us what we seek.

Rise Up for Prayer!

........//........
Glory be to the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, both now and ever and unto the ages of ages Amen.

Hiwot

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Christ is Risen!

Dn.Theodoros Yossef's mezmur..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo-ozRFOyAk&feature=related

Until we see your resurrection O Virgin
We are holding vigil and will fast united in Spirit.
Until it is revealed to us the truth that Thomas saw.
We will not leave from your gates O Covenant of Mercy!

He that trampled down death: Your Son is with You!
So which grave can hold You in ?
From Thomas we heard news of Your Assumption
Your resurrection is true indeed; we saw Your Burial Shawl.

For death is already defeated by death
thus had no power over You!
We wanted to see the glory Thomas saw
Mystified why this mystery was hidden from us
Closing our doors we are prostrated in prayer
Reveal yourself and shine your light upon us
For Your children we long to see You!

Thus had no power over You!
We are holding vigil and will fast united in spirit.

Your psalmist father David has written to us
Saying who among us will not see death?
Though in time this became true in You also
You did not descend in to the grave forever defeated by death!

When Thomas descending from his chariot told us of this news
We were astounded by what has occurred.
Now we long to see this glory
O virgin intercede for us! O Covenant of Mercy!

..............//.................

Blessed day :)

Hiwot

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Christ is Risen!

Selam everyone:)

Harp mezmur by Sosena Gebre Iyesus, I am sorry I couldnot keep the poetic beauty , its more of a literal translation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV6gPW9uTmg

Our Creator is Goodness by His Essence
He is Forgiving, Merciful, Kind, Patient and Loving.
Though mankind sinned against Him
He came searching for him, and kept knocking at his door.

Our Lord was Born in a stable and saved us!

Summoned from His Throne by His love for mankind
He United Himself with flesh, O Uncontainable Glory!
While mankind was still the enemy filled with wickedness
To make him His family He United Himself with Man's flesh.

Our Lord was Born.

Mankind that was stripped of grace and glory
Is restored to his glory by the Love of The Creator
Finding him dwelling under the shadow of death
Heart filled with sorrow and lamentation
He wiped away his tears and gave him Life.

Our Lord was Born..

When God was Born in flesh from the Virgin
Grace was restored to Man.
Through the annunciation of Gabriel of His Birth of the Virgin
He made mankind heir to the heavenly kingdom.

Our Lord was Born.

So we won't die in vain, as we flee from Him
His birth became the Sign of Our reconciliation.
For He has taken our flesh and glorified us
Praise be unto Him for all eternity.
Our Lord was Born..
………..//……….
Blessed day  :)

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
I notice some youtube commenters got a bit angry about women playing the begena. Is that just a bit of cultural chauvinism or was it actually a Church prohibition?

Hiwot

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
selam Volnutt :)

Ah! yes , that was dear old chauvinisim getting vented right there :) no such Church prohibition exists.

Volnutt

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Hiwot said:
selam Volnutt :)

Ah! yes , that was dear old chauvinisim getting vented right there :) no such Church prohibition exists.
Good to hear.  :)

God bless!

Hiwot

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Christ is Risen!
during fast seasons, no drums , or cymbals with the hymns we are going to listen to. instead its harps, other strings, and flutes only.
so here is another harp mezmur this is a poetic form of the Our Father, and the Salutation of Mary. by Alemu Aga.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbWwjUsJxKg&feature=related

Glory be to the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit both now and ever unto the ages of ages Amen.

Hiwot

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Christ is risen!
I thought I would write the lyrics in Amharic too so if anyone is so inclined can join the zemari with the mezmur. Keep me in your prayers. the reading is from Psalm 142(3):9 I will sing a new song unto thee, O God: upon a psaltery and an instrument of ten strings will I sing praises unto thee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4uKR2NSPw8

Kezemenat befit ante neberek/    Before time was there You were
Hulun asalifeh tinoraleh/  After ending all You will remain.
Emqideme zemenat zemenawi /    Before time was there You were
Dehere zemen hadis Iyesus Nazerawi /    and after time ceases there you will be O Jesus the Nazarene

Kibreh genana new bante keberealehu/  You are exalted in Glory and I am glorified by You.
Zelalemawi  neh  bante enoralehu/  Your years have no end and I live by You.
Beselefu mekakel aleh kene gara/  in the midst of battle You are there with me.
Yeserawit geta etsub yante sira/ How marvelous is your work O Lord of Hosts!

Kezemenat befit…

Kelaye ke aryam ke zufaneh girma / on High above the heavens from the Glory of Your Throne
Qidus ale Kirub misgana tessema / the Cherubim are heard praising ‘Holy!’
Wudasse kebebew menberun eleleta’ / praise surround His throne and the sound of triumphant cymbals
Baryah lamesegeneh fiqedelegne getta / Grant me Your servant to praise You too O Lord!

Kezemenat befit….

Ye amalikt amlak yemimeseleh yelem / No one is like You, O God of gods
Ayene yayew hulu yalante alehonem / Nothing my eyes see is done without You.
Fitrete alemu genezebeh newena / Because all creation is Yours
Alphana Omega yidreseh misgana / To You belongs all praise O Alpha and Omega.

Kezemenat befit…

Yemidir hayalan ayeqomum befiteh / the mighty of the earth can’t stand against You
Yihen serah belo yelem yemiweqsih / No one can chastise You for the work of Your hands
Semayina midrin fetreh yemitegeza/ You are the Creator and Ruler of the Heaven and the Earth
Enamelekihalen  ye hiwotachin beza / our Redeemer we worship You!

Kezemenat befit….

………….///………..
Until next time, Selam :)

Hiwot

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Christ is risen!
Selam everyone :) I think so too Volnutt ;D thanks.

Dn.Tewodros yoseph 's mezmur.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6D9oYVyfXc

People condemned me but You saved me/ sewoch feredubigne ante gin adankegne/2x/
my God May You be praised/ amlake hoye temesegeneligne
my Lord May You be praised/ getaye hoy temesegeneligne
For I can only utter words of Your Praise/ lela min qal alegne

Those who did not want to ignore my flaws or cover my weakness/ liyalefugne yalewededu neqen liseweru
People were quick to talk about my sins / sewoch fetenubegne bedelen liyaweru
But You embraced and covered me with Your Love/ ante gin sebsebeh  befiqir  shefenkegne
You did not abandon me saddened by my transgressions/ bemetelalefe  azeneh  satileyegne
this is the love that broke my attachment to sin and thus forever binds me to You./ yih  fiqreh
seberegne  atabeqegne  kante
And it summons me to your house every day./ dejeh  yametagnal  hule  iyegotete

Sewoch…….

Declaring me wretched sinner/ merkesen awejew
They picked their stones/siyanesubigne  dingay
Your miracle sheltered Your child from suffering/ seweregne  tamirih  lijih  saliseqayi
Because you chose to forgive me with Your love/ wedeh silemarekegne
Outrage filled the hearts of men/ bizuwoch tekezu
Demanding I perish for my sin/ yih ayedelem bilew ye hatiyat demozu
My Lord,Who knows me like You do / kante belaye geta man liyaweqegne yichilal
No one can tip the scale of Your Love/ yefiqrihin mizan  manis  yazabawal

Sewoch……
Your redemption is glorious for your fallen child/madaneh yidenqal lewedekut lijih
Your mercy weighs more on Your scale of justice at all times / meheretih  yidefal  hulem  bemizanih 
Indeed your justice is not like men’s/ indesew ayitayi firdihim yileyal
You have judged in mercy for the freedom of Your servant./ lebariyah  arenet  bemiheret  ferdehal
Giving your love abundantly You straightened my way/ fiqr iyezerezerk megeneden yeterek
You judged for your child in righteousness for my salvation/ sile lijih tsedeqin le dehenet yeferedek

Sewoch….

You said ‘I will not condemn you go in peace.’/ ene aleferedebehim beselam hid alekegne
So I won’t continue to sin, you kept your loving eyes ever on me./ dagim endalebedil befiqr iyayehegne
I will lift up my soul towards your righteous laws/ wede tsedeqih higoch nefsen afesalehu
If you love me like this where else would I go?!/ endih kewededekegne  wedet ehedalehu
I will not depart from you O Well of Love./ aleleyim ke ante kefiqir medereke
Prostrating myself I will Worship You./ amelkalehu anten fitih tenberekeke.

Sewoch….

Glory be to the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, both now and ever and unto the ages of ages Amen.

Blessed day  :)

Hiwot

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Christ is Risen!
Selam everyone  :)

Again forgive the literal translation , obviously I am niether a poet nor is my vocabulary that plorific  :)

This mezmur speaks to those are acquainted with suffering..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIHWT4kyU_c&NR=1

Yezelalem Tesfa/ Everlasting Hope. By yilma

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9

Besew zend bimuatet tesefana dessita/ Though hope and joy have gone from men.
Egnas fetari alen hulun yemireta/ But We have our God who will conquer all.
Tessfa endelelachew anehonim keto/ We will not be like those who have no hope
Kirstos alelin yemiyasay abereto/ We have Christ our Light who will shine for us.

Yaleqesu hulu yisiqalu ayiqerim/ Those who weep today shall be filled with joyful laughter
Yilewawetewal  geta  medehanealem/ For the Lord the Savior of the World will transform all
Manim yaletebeqew yalasebewin dil /A victory that men can’t imagine or expect
Legna lemesekinoch geta yisetenal /The Lord will give to us the lowly

besew zend...

Sewoch bitebebu genzeb lemesebseb/If men became wise only to gather money
Yitelalefalu baletebequt mereb /They will be entangled by a net they won’t expect
Egziabheren yizew beqin kaleteguwazu/If they do not walk in righteousness with God
Kifat ena tenkol bizu new mezmu /Cruelty and malice will bring to them innumerable suffering.

besew zend....

Dehoch aseleqiso giff yemisebeseb/He that gathers injustice with the tears of the poor
Min yimelish yihon begeta fit siqerib? /What will be his answer when he stands before the Lord?
Lezihich achir zemen yemisegebegebu /Those who are greedy for this brief moment in time
Ayerekum ayetegebum dehoch eyaserabu/They will not quench their thirst nor get filled while starving the poor

besew zend....

Yeehil sheeta tefeto  mesobum biraqot/Though our baskets are empty and we have long forgotten the smell of food
Tessfachin mulu naw egnas begeta fit /In the presence of the Lord our hope remains full
Yihin kifu gize yashagiral geta / The Lord will help us pass this time of suffering
Kesseran behuwala letselot  eneberta  /So let us, after doing our works persevere in prayer.

besew zend...

.......//......

"I will both sleep and rest in peace, for You alone,O Lord, cause me to dwell in hope." Psalm 4:9

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit both now and ever and unto the ages of ages amen!

blessed day  :)