Orthodox Christians in the Holocaust

Matthew777

Archon
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I'd like to know why our teachers never taught us of the thousands of Orthodox Christians who were murdered in the Holocaust for refusing to accept the Roman Church. I don't think our educational system is controlled by some vast Jewish conspiracy, but it is kind of strange how Jews are the only ones given classroom time on this subject.

Peace.

jmbejdl

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Matthew777 said:
I'd like to know why our teachers never taught us of the thousands of Orthodox Christians who were murdered in the Holocaust for refusing to accept the Roman Church. I don't think our educational system is controlled by some vast Jewish conspiracy, but it is kind of strange how Jews are the only ones given classroom time on this subject.

Peace.
Why don't our teachers tell us anything much of any of the other holocaust victims? I don't think you should single out any particular group. There is too much of an emphasis on the Jewish victims (because we shouldn't just ignore all the others who were killed) but they did lose the greatest numbers so perhaps this is not so surprising. I say this as a relative of one of the non-Jewish holocaust victims who was gassed at Auschwitz. I wish people knew more about those victims but I'm not willing to minimise the sufferings of the Jews to make a point of it.

James

Matthew777

Archon
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I don't think that the suffering of any group should be ignored but perhaps more classroom time should be given to discussing the other groups besides Jews. It's not like the suffering of a Jewish person is more important than that of a Jehovah's Witness or homosexual.

Fr. George

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
No, you're right, it isn't more important, but
A) the journey and history of the Jewish people is important to history because of their assimilation into so many European cultures, and their place/role in the Middle East;
B) because most European cultures are Christian, they will place a certain amount of importance into tracking what the Jewish people have done;
C) the holocaust has become part of the Jewish identity, since they were targeted so aggresively and openly;
D) the Jewish lobby is quite important in most of the nations of Europe and the US - I'm not making a judgment call, just an observation;
E) because the holocaust was so bad for Jews, and because of their neglect and abuse by Europeans in the past, there was almost an insistance by many to only focus on what happened to the Jews in the holocaust renderings.

I'm not trying to make a value judgment, just a series of observations from my study of history, that's all. You're right, though, that public consciousness is needed on the fact that, like, hundreds of thousands of Poles, and Russians, and tens of thousands of Greeks, and Serbs, died in the concentration camps, and hundreds of thousands if not more Greeks died of forced starvation in their own country, et al.

Matthew777

Archon
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
cleveland said:
D) the Jewish lobby is quite important in most of the nations of Europe and the US - I'm not making a judgment call, just an observation;
What is the extent of Jewish influence in public policy as a religious and ethnic group? This is something that I've wondered about while still remaining sensitive to the issue.

SouthSerb99 said:
M777, see here http://www.jasenovac.org/whatwasjasenovac/index.asp
Thank you, this is something we all must learn about.

Peace.

Matthew777

Archon
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I posted this topic in Catholic Answers Forums under the title "Roman Catholic involvement in the Holocaust" and it was deleted. I will continue to re-post this topic until either someone replies or I am banned.

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
There was also in WWI a devastating Holocaust of the Armenians, to which it hasn't been brought to my attention until I went on the internet.

God bless.

Mina

montalban

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
minasoliman said:
There was also in WWI a devastating Holocaust of the Armenians, to which it hasn't been brought to my attention until I went on the internet.

God bless.

Mina
The Turks are in denial mode (like the Japanese about their own role in WWII)

One Turkish writer recently spoke up and faced the weight of Turkish law

http://memri.org/bin/articles.cgi?Page=archives&Area=sd&ID=SP106606

Matthew777

Archon
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

A Cardinal marches with the German Nazis

Croatian Ustashi fuehrer Ante Pavelic giving Nazi salute (far left) with Archbishop Alojzije Stepinac (far right) and other Catholic Church leaders

Priests give Hitler salute at a Catholic youth rally in the Berlin-Neukolln stadium in August 1933.

Catholic clergy and Nazi officials, including Joseph Goebbels (far right) and Wilhelm Frick (second from right), give the Nazi salute. Germany, date uncertain.
[Photo source, Holocaust Encyclopedia,]

Adolf Hitler converses with the Papal Nuncio, Archbishop Cesare Orsenigo, at a New Year's reception in Berlin. (January 1, 1935)
[Photo source, US Holocaust Museum]

Peace.

nikolaos

Reaction score
minasoliman said:

God bless.

Mina
During the same period Greeks of pontos and from minor Asia in general were suffer the same as Armenians from the turks.George Horton US general consultant of Smyrna (a man of dignity)  in his books gives many details for this horrible crime that took place against the native inhabitants of minor Asia during WWI.
This devastating holocaust is unknown even among many Greeks.(in Greece and abroad)
As far as i am concern about the Jews Holocaust i agree 100% with the emphasis that is been given in the Schoolbooks to this horrible action and at the same moment i think that the same emphasis  must be given to the other victims of Nazi era  (Greeks ,Serbs, Russians,homosexuals,retarded people i am deeply regret for those i don't mention).

montalban

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
nikolaos said:
During the same period Greeks of pontos and from minor Asia in general were suffer the same as Armenians from the turks.George Horton US general consultant of Smyrna (a man of dignity)  in his books gives many details for this horrible crime that took place against the native inhabitants of minor Asia during WWI.
This devastating holocaust is unknown even among many Greeks.(in Greece and abroad)
As far as i am concern about the Jews Holocaust i agree 100% with the emphasis that is been given in the Schoolbooks to this horrible action and at the same moment i think that the same emphasis  must be given to the other victims of Nazi era  (Greeks ,Serbs, Russians,homosexuals,retarded people i am deeply regret for those i don't mention).
I think that there was a film recently made about this. And there's a film made about Armenia called "Ararat"

montalban

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Matthew777 said:
It's official, I've been banned from Catholic Answers forum for telling the truth about Catholic involvement in the Holocaust.

Peace.
Do you have a web-site for the photos?

nikolaos

Reaction score
montalban said:
I think that there was a film recently made about this. And there's a film made about Armenia called "Ararat"
I didn't know about this.maybe something is moving after so long :-\.I will have it in my mind.TY!

Ebor

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Matthew777 said:
It's official, I've been banned from Catholic Answers forum for telling the truth about Catholic involvement in the Holocaust.
Could it have been that you were banned for breaking forum rules? ÂÂ

It can be comforting to think that others do not like us because we are "right", but sometimes there may be other factors involved with our own behaviour..

Maybe I just read more, but the information about the Armenians and the Pontic Greeks and the Gypsies/retarded/all the other groups deemed "unfit" is not hidden nor newly found.

Have you ever heard of "The White Rose" by the way?  A German student resistance group that was eventually caught, tried and executed by guillotine. Or Dietrich Bonhoeffer? The Nazi government would kill anyone they didn't like. ÂÂ

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Rose

Ebor

josh

Archon
Reaction score
Matthew777 said:

A Cardinal marches with the German Nazis

Croatian Ustashi fuehrer Ante Pavelic giving Nazi salute (far left) with Archbishop Alojzije Stepinac (far right) and other Catholic Church leaders

Priests give Hitler salute at a Catholic youth rally in the Berlin-Neukolln stadium in August 1933.

Catholic clergy and Nazi officials, including Joseph Goebbels (far right) and Wilhelm Frick (second from right), give the Nazi salute. Germany, date uncertain.
[Photo source, Holocaust Encyclopedia,]

Adolf Hitler converses with the Papal Nuncio, Archbishop Cesare Orsenigo, at a New Year's reception in Berlin. (January 1, 1935)
[Photo source, US Holocaust Museum]

Peace.
Anachronistic.

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think the photos prove that the Catholics were indeed involved in the Holocaust. The whole German nation praised Hitler the same way, but the camps and the anti-Jewish rhetoric I suppose were not of German nature, but some Hitler's inner circle of Nazi killer camps.

Didn't Polish Catholics suffer the same devestations as the Jews? I would wonder how these priests and cardinals felt when they were praising someone, and they had no idea they were killing their own brothers in the faith.

Unless, you can prove that these Catholics indeed were bigots and supported the death camps.

I'm basically giving the Catholics the benefit of the doubt, but I may be wrong.

God bless.

Mina