• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Orthodox Forums?

88Devin12

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
This isn't a thread for advertisement, but intended to be informative.

I wanted to know how many Orthodox forums there are out there in various languages.

I've realized recently, that my limited world of The Ancient Way (on ChristianForums), OrthodoxChristianity.net and Monachos.net has been pretty narrow. I saw a Serbian friend of mine had been accessing a Serbian Orthodox forum. I also recently came across Analogion, a Greek/English (mostly Greek) forum on Orthodox (mainly Byzantine) chant.

What others are there out there? They don't have to be in English.

OrthodoxChristianity.net
Monachos.net - Orthodoxy through Patristic and Monastic Study
The Ancient Way & The Voice in the Desert - EO/OO sub-forums of ChristianForums.com
Psaltologion - Analogion.com - Discussion of Orthodox hymnody/Byzantine chant

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Who can forget the euphrosynos café?

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Alas, you and many others. The traffic there is somewhere between low and really low.

Reaction score
Pouke.org is a forum organized by a SOC priest and it also has an English and Russian section.  Term pouke is plural for lesson-moral-enlightenment.

Reaction score
Devin which forum was your friend accessing?
As far as I know pouke is the only one with decent traffic...

88Devin12

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Putnik Namernik said:
Devin which forum was your friend accessing?
As far as I know pouke is the only one with decent traffic...
I'm not sure, tried to ask him today and didn't get an answer.

Reaction score
He might thing you are spying on him or something  :D
There are some strong ecumenical and some anti-ecumenical forums...Anywhoo no big deal just curious...Tx

88Devin12

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
Putnik Namernik said:
He might thing you are spying on him or something  :D
There are some strong ecumenical and some anti-ecumenical forums...Anywhoo no big deal just curious...Tx
It was apparently a forum where a member came up with some articles that had "evidence" against a Serbian Bishop back in Serbia. I don't know what the Bishop was accused of. But the conversation went from that to talking about how some Serbians felt some of the Bishops "back home" were still corrupt.

Now that I've learned about the New Gracanica schism, I can understand why they feel that way.