• A blessed Nativity / Theophany season to all! For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Orthodox-Pentecostal Leader's Ecumenical meeting

peterfarrington

Protokentarchos
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.stgeorgeministry.com
I was very pleased to be able to participate in the Orthodox-Pentecostal Leader's Ecumenical meeting which took place at the Coptic Centre, Stevenage in the UK yesterday, 6th June. The meeting brought together many senior leaders of the Pentecostal communities in the UK, especially from the Black Pentecostal churches, as well as clergy of the Oriental and Eastern Orthodox.

The meeting discussed the developing experience and future prospects of persecution of Christians in the UK, and the lived experience of persecution by Christians around the world and especially in the Middle East. There was much useful consideration of what might be done together.

The participants toured the Cathedral at the Coptic Centre, and His Grace Bishop Angaelos introduced many aspects of it to the Pentecostal visitors.

I found the meeting very useful and fruitful and the mutual respect shown to all participants, with an awareness of theological and practical differences, was commendable.

maneki_neko

Reaction score
I'm very interested in knowing if there is an article or write-up covering this that I can share with Pentecostal friends; thanks!

rakovsky

Toumarches
Reaction score
Website
rakovskii.livejournal.com
maneki_neko said:
I'm very interested in knowing if there is an article or write-up covering this that I can share with Pentecostal friends; thanks!
Sure Maneki, try here:
http://www.copticcentre.com/unprecedented-pentecostalorthodox-meeting-at-the-coptic-centre/

Also, I would be appreciative to hear what you or Fr. Peter think of this article on the Orthodox Reformed Bridge on the Modern Charismatic movement (although I know that AFR only occasionally runs Oriental Orthodox articles):
http://blogs.ancientfaith.com/orthodoxbridge/4711-2/#comment-11444