• Please remember: Pray for Ukraine in the Prayer forum; Share news in the Christian News section; Discuss religious implications in FFA: Religious Topics; Discuss political implications in Politics (and if you don't have access, PM me) Thank you! + Fr. George, Forum Administrator

Orthodox services in Iraq

bergschlawiner

Reaction score
Slava Isusu Christu! Today, the men and women serving at Abu Ghraib in Iraq were privileged to once again have one of our Orthodox military chaplains come to this place and I am pleased to share with those at home a group picture taken at the Great Vespers for the Feast of the Dormition that we had this evening with our Romanian medics attending. this is the first Orthodox service here at Abu Ghraib since January and we are happy to have Chaplain (Colonel) Webster from the Romanian Episcopate of the OCA here with us and to serve the Divine Liturgy tomorrow morning.

Donna Rose

High Elder
Reaction score
that's great! unfortunately the images arent showing up - is there any way to fix this? I'd love to see them!

Donna Rose

High Elder
Reaction score
thanx for fixin to make the picture viewable...it's wonderful that the soldiers had the service to go to this weekend. God bless them.

bergschlawiner

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments and today I have taken more pictures of the Divine Liturgy at the hospital chapel and trying to share them via a yahoo photos album that is accessible at this link:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bergschlawiner/album?.dir=/8af4&.src=ph&.tok=ph_TLeDB2GI0zD3o

Hope this works, won't know till after its posted. The Liturgy was somewhat "ecumenical" with the responses sung by our local Roman Catholic chaplain COL Souza since none of us can read music. And yes, the vestments are desert camouflage which means Father will have to replace them since the Army just adopted a new standard camouflage pattern and color for all environments. Father (Colonel) Webster of the Romanian Episcopate (OCA) is an army 8) reservist and returning back to the US but says another US Air Force chaplain may visit Abu Ghraib next month. The Orthodox chaplains truly have to be "circuit riders" over here to reach the scattered faithful.

Hadel

Elder
Reaction score
Thank you for the pictures and God's Speed....God Bless and keep you all safe.

In Christ,
Hadel