• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Orthonorm is a saint

Melodist

Archon
Reaction score
The priest said "you are sanctified" at his chrismation this past sunday. He is a saint according to the biblical use of the word.

May God grant him many years and perseverance in the faith.

IsmiLiora

Archon
Reaction score
Many years, orthonorm!!  :D

Thank you for the report, Melodist.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
I didn't want to say anything.

Now, augustine717 is going to take me off his "Buddy List."

Alveus Lacuna

Taxiarches
Reaction score
orthonorm said:

Yes, you've lost a credibility now that you've made a conscious decision to be Orthodox.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Alveus Lacuna said:
orthonorm said:

Yes, you've lost a credibility now that you've made a conscious decision to be Orthodox.
If only he knew how long I've been looking for the Cross pendant that perfectly says Orthodoxy.

There's one or two I've found, but they are pectoral Crosses in museum collections.

augustin717

Taxiarches
Reaction score
orthonorm said:

No worries. That's just a minor flaw, I can tolerate. You seem to be ok, otherwise.

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Glory to God!

With all the Germanic philosophy orthonorm knows its surprising to me he even thought about being a Christian lol

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
In all seriousness, thanks to all here at OC.net who run the place and everyone who has been of help along the way.

And I wanted it noted that my first miraculous act as a hypervert is not bringing augustin's scorn upon me.

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
Achronos said:
Glory to God!

With all the Germanic philosophy orthonorm knows its surprising to me he even thought about being a Christian lol
Are you really attending that Western Rite parish? Just curious. Was checking out their website.

NicholasMyra

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
hyperdoxherman.tumblr.com
orthonorm said:
In all seriousness, thanks to all here at OC.net who run the place and everyone who has been of help along the way.

And I wanted it noted that my first miraculous act as a hypervert is not bringing augustin's scorn upon me.
"And the wrath of Augustin did not abide upon him."

Glory to God!

NicholasMyra

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
hyperdoxherman.tumblr.com
orthonorm said:
Achronos said:
Glory to God!

Are you really attending that Western Rite parish? Just curious. Was checking out their website.
Their altar area is a really cool reproduction. Definitely not LARPing; that's full SCA.

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
orthonorm said:
Achronos said:
Glory to God!

Yep, it was the first parish I ever attended.

LOL at the SCA, achronistic?

minasoliman

Stratopedarches
Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations!  Many Years!

podkarpatska

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
www.acrod.org
orthonorm said:

We're sort of like a large family at Thanksgiving dinner, after eating too much we sit around and argue, but then do the dishes together anyway - and promise to do it again next year!

Welcome and many years!

Melodist

Archon
Reaction score
augustin717 said:
No worries. That's just a minor flaw, I can tolerate. You seem to be ok, otherwise.
I don't know. I heard that one of the first things he did after receiving Communion for the first time was make a baby cry.

xariskai

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
Congratulations! God grant you many years!

JamesRottnek

Taxiarches
Reaction score
podkarpatska said:
orthonorm said:

We're sort of like a large family at Thanksgiving dinner, after eating too much we sit around and argue, but then do the dishes together anyway - and promise to do it again next year!

Welcome and many years!
I never do dishes.  I bug the people doing them, and then run upstairs if I think they're about to ask for help.

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Melodist said:
augustin717 said:
I don't know. I heard that one of the first things he did after receiving Communion for the first time was make a baby cry.
But that radio voice man...