• For users new and old: the forum rules were streamlined when we transitioned to the new software. Please ensure that you are familiar with them. Continued use of the forum means that you (a) know the rules, and (b) pledge that you'll abide by them. For more information, check out the OrthodoxChristianity.Net Rules section. (There are only 2 threads there - Rules, and Administrative Structure.)

Orthonorm's Dating and Relationship Advice Column

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
That person said:
vamrat said:
If she has a problem with the car you drive, then she isn't worth it.
I figured as much, but what if the car I drive would make her think better of me? Or certain aspects of me anyway.

It doesn't really matter. Most girls at my school are too sheltered to get the ins and outs of phallic stereotypes.
If you need to impress a girl with a car get a Benz.  If you have the money get something Italian.  Otherwise, don't worry about it.  If it isn't a Lamborghini, someone will always have something better.

If they don't understand all the nuances of the phallus, just make sure you wear a codpiece on your first date.  Even the dimmest broad will understand that.

BTW, if you buy a truck, you're just admitting that you posses a microphallus**.  Don't do that.  And I swear, I f****ng swear, if you put truck balls on your truck, I will hunt you down and kill you.

**Or you utilize it for some form of work.  That is OK, but it will probably be dinged up which will prove that you aren't doing this as a means of penile prosthesis.

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
I do not think women care about cars. Judging from every woman I have ever talked to, they seem to show little to no interest in a man's car. It might just be an unnecessary burden we are putting on ourselves. Besides, if a person has funk and style, then it does not matter what you are wearing or riding because you can sell it and make it look good.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Why don't you take a sec to mire my car...

Haters gonna hate. Come at me bro.

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
You just have to have style my friend and sell it. Play some Nate Dogg on the radio, hang two oversized dice from the rear view mirror, some leather seats etc. Funk will go a long way for you.

Cavaradossi

Archon
Reaction score
JamesR said:
Asteriktos said:
I'm looking for a special lady to enjoy my company and appreciate my brilliance. If you meet the following qualifications, you will private message me, and I will then let you know whether I want to go forward with a relationship.

Qualifications
- No kids. Also, you must not have any kids of your own.
- Red hair preferred. Natural redheads only. Imposters will be severely punished. This will be verified during the first meeting.
- Breasts no bigger than a C cup, but no smaller than a B cup.
- Green eyes a plus, but I can work with brown eyes if you also have brown or black hair.
- Glasses a plus. Contact wearers need not apply.
- Long toes.
- Large tush. Bubble butts will be accepted or rejected depending on comparison of butt-to-breast proportions.
- Intelligent, but not smarter than me. (Exception: must be smarter than me in culinary and other related skills).
- Between 5'2" and 5'4"
- Between 125 and 145 lbs. Exceptions to this (within a 5 pound margin) must have good justification.
- Low maintenance.
- Must be "open minded" in the bedroom.
- Must be a liberal: philosophically, politically, religiously.
- Must enjoy reading.
- Must enjoy watching sports.
- Should have a graduate degree, or be preparing to enter a program in pursuit of such a degree.
- Must find bald men irresistable.
- Likes heavy metal music, horror movies, and various other forms of low-brow entertainment.
- No pro wrestling fans.
- Familiarity with Star Trek highly desired.
- Must be able to meet personal grooming requests.
Sounds like you are going to need more than one woman...
Why else would these two be criteria?

- Low maintenance.

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
JamesR said:
I do not think women care about cars. Judging from every woman I have ever talked to, they seem to show little to no interest in a man's car. It might just be an unnecessary burden we are putting on ourselves. Besides, if a person has funk and style, then it does not matter what you are wearing or riding because you can sell it and make it look good.
But women care about that funk and style, surely. Dude how did you manage to get all life experiences at the age of 16 again?

ironchapman

High Elder
Reaction score
Achronos said:
JamesR said:
But women care about that funk and style, surely. Dude how did you manage to get all life experiences at the age of 16 again?
My parents used to ask me this when I was 16. Sometimes they still ask me it, heh. :p

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
If I ever get my life back, this thread needs some serious maintenance.

The blind are leading the blind. And yes I know the cause of your blindness. It certainly ain't congenital.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Cavaradossi said:
Why else would these two be criteria?

- Low maintenance.
Well, actually, the thin----  wait, I can't talk about thaton this forum!!|!. NVM!  ;D

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
orthonorm said:

The blind are leading the blind. And yes I know the cause of your blindness. It certainly ain't congenital.
Don't worry, I'll hold down the fort until you return, offering sage advice from my dragon's-treasure-pile of knowledge  :police:

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
That person said:
orthonorm said:
I look forward to it.
He's been saying that for months...  He's like an athlete who shows up every few months to assure everyone he's not going to retire, hoping his sponsors don't drop him like a rock.  :p

Achronos

Toumarches
Site Supporter
Reaction score
orthonorm said:

Stop fronting that you have a life. You're just like the rest of us, trying to make sense out of Asteriktos life and spending hours on it.

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
Achronos said:
orthonorm said:

Stop fronting that you have a life. You're just like the rest of us, trying to make sense out of Asteriktos life and spending hours on it.
Lost cause.  I got a sex change to please him and it still wasn't enough.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Achronos said:
vamrat said:
Someone once tried to insult me by saying I had "an oblique personality". I thanked him for the compliment.

But vamrat, I hadn't decided yet, don't be so glum. Tell you what, make a profile on fetlife and post a dozen or so pics, and I'll take a gander. Deal?  ;D

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
Achronos said:
vamrat said:
Someone once tried to insult me by saying I had "an oblique personality". I thanked him for the compliment.

But vamrat, I hadn't decided yet, don't be so glum. Tell you what, make a profile on fetlife and post a dozen or so pics, and I'll take a gander. Deal?  ;D
[sniffle]  Ok  [sniffle]

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
So there is this one girl at my Church, cute little blonde about my age. We don't talk very much, however, we have slightly been socializing a bit more, but not that much. Anyway, this saturday night for Pascha I kind of want to step it up a knotch with her. Wondering if anyone had any advice here since I'm a little sixteen year old and all of you wise old people have years of experience. What should I do? Stand by her, offer her my coat, put my arm around her, get a hotel, be a gentlemen, be an ass?

orthonorm

Hoplitarches
Reaction score
JamesR said:
So there is this one girl at my Church, cute little blonde about my age. We don't talk very much, however, we have slightly been socializing a bit more, but not that much. Anyway, this saturday night for Pascha I kind of want to step it up a knotch with her. Wondering if anyone had any advice here since I'm a little sixteen year old and all of you wise old people have years of experience. What should I do? Stand by her, offer her my coat, put my arm around her, get a hotel, be a gentlemen, be an ass?
Ask Cavaradossi around here about a killer inside joke about Tosca. If she makes the connection to the alluded word play, it will truly be an Easter marigold.

Or just chill. Don't discuss Russian mail order brides, the decay of Western Civilization, and just ask her a few questions about herself and pay attention and don't talk too much.

NicholasMyra

Merarches
Reaction score
Website
hyperdoxherman.tumblr.com
JamesR said:
Is this before or after the fasting starts again?

Anastasia1

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
I just met a guy I like, but he works for the rep I am volunteering for. I know you shouldn't date co-workers, and it would be cool if I ever got a job offer from the rep if/when he wins.  Should I just forget about it until after the election?

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
Anastasia1 said:
I just met a guy I like, but he works for the rep I am volunteering for. I know you shouldn't date co-workers, and it would be cool if I ever got a job offer from the rep if/when he wins.  Should I just forget about it until after the election?
The only advice I have is the warning that if stuff goes south it will be hard to work around him.  Also, since he is in at the firm and you are not yet this could potentially become a lop-sided relationship.  I'm not going to persuade or dissuade you, just pointing out two obvious drawbacks.

Manalive

Elder
Reaction score
JamesR said:
Be a gentleman. But don't act like she's the only person in the room. You should wait until after the Fast to start dating someone.  ;)

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
Manalive said:
JamesR said:
Be a gentleman. But don't act like she's the only person in the room. You should wait until after the Fast to start dating someone.  ;)
Yeah.  Would have been good to know about forty days ago...  :'(

Punch

Taxiarches
Reaction score
JamesR said:
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.  Don't do it!  You are too young to end your life.

Punch

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Manalive said:
JamesR said:
Why wait?  Is this another made up "tradition" that can be found nowhere in Scripture and practiced by nearly no one?

primuspilus

Taxiarches
Reaction score
A displaced Southerner in the Godless North
Website
www.saintgregorythetheologian.org
JamesR said:
Ask your priest  :p

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Anastasia1 said:
On possible route is to ask him out to lunch to discuss political strategery or something, and see what happens from there...

primuspilus

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Website
Asteriktos said:
Anastasia1 said:
On possible route is to ask him out to lunch to discuss political strategery or something, and see what happens from there...
"I think the best way our guy can win is for you to follow me to the Motel 6....."

PP

Manalive

Elder
Reaction score
Punch said:
Manalive said:
JamesR said:
Why wait?  Is this another made up "tradition" that can be found nowhere in Scripture and practiced by nearly no one?

Why yes. I just made it up. Since I clearly stated in my post this was a tradition practiced by the church you shouldn't even have to ask. I just figured my statement would be as obvious as your ending the young man's life with dating/marriage comment is also "traditional". It dare wouldn't be my own advice or opinion.

dzheremi

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
primuspilus said:
Asteriktos said:
Anastasia1 said:
"I think the best way our guy can win is for you to follow me to the Motel 6....."

PP
Wow. What kind of dates are you going on, Primuspilus...

Punch

Taxiarches
Reaction score
You stated such, but I do not believe you.

Manalive said:
Punch said:
Manalive said:
JamesR said:

Why yes. I just made it up. Since I clearly stated in my post this was a tradition practiced by the church you shouldn't even have to ask. I just figured my statement would be as obvious as your ending the young man's life with dating/marriage comment is also "traditional". It dare wouldn't be my own advice or opinion.

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Manalive said:
JamesR said:
Thank you :)

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Science has proven that the best place to go for advice on dating/relationships is a thread about this on a gaming forum. You can't refute science.

Punch

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
Science has proven that the best place to go for advice on dating/relationships is a thread about this on a gaming forum. You can't refute science.
Yes, nobody can give better advice than a bunch of 30 year old virgins living in their mom's basement.

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Punch said:
Asteriktos said:
Yes, nobody can give better advice than a bunch of 30 year old virgins living in their mom's basement.
You mad because they have an easier life than you? Yeah, you're mad...  ;D

Anastasia1

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
dzheremi said:
primuspilus said:
Asteriktos said:
Anastasia1 said:
I just met a guy I like, but he works for the rep I am volunteering for. I know you shouldn't date co-workers, and it would be cool if I ever got a job offer from the rep if/when he wins.  Should I just forget about it until after the election?

PP
I'm not sure we really want to know what kind of dates Primuspilus goes on...

Punch

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Not only am I mad, but I am also angry.

Asteriktos said:
Punch said:
Asteriktos said:

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
Punch said:
Not only am I mad, but I am also angry.

Asteriktos said:
Punch said:
Asteriktos said:
Well, maybe some day when they leave their geeky existence behind they'll do things that normal people do... like post on theology boards.  :-*

primuspilus

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Website
Anastasia1 said:
dzheremi said:
primuspilus said:
Asteriktos said:
Anastasia1 said:
I just met a guy I like, but he works for the rep I am volunteering for. I know you shouldn't date co-workers, and it would be cool if I ever got a job offer from the rep if/when he wins.  Should I just forget about it until after the election?

PP
I'm not sure we really want to know what kind of dates Primuspilus goes on...
Well, I did marry my wife 3 weeks after we met.......

PP

Asteriktos

Strategos
Reaction score
I'm so excited right now! Look at this email I just got...

You have a new message from vicky23. It reads:

vicky44u@yahoo.comHello.My Name is vicky i want to your profile today at
(orthodoxchristiandating.com) and i love it i think we can clcik from
thier!please i will like you to email me back through my email
thus;(vicky44u@yahoo.com)  am waiting to recive your lovely reply
soonest! Yours vicky    !please contact me through my email address so
i can give you my picture and tell you my datel have a nice day.
What should I do? *squeeeeee*