Orthonorm's Dating and Relationship Advice Column

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
Anastasia1 said:
I just met a guy I like, but he works for the rep I am volunteering for. I know you shouldn't date co-workers, and it would be cool if I ever got a job offer from the rep if/when he wins.  Should I just forget about it until after the election?
The only advice I have is the warning that if stuff goes south it will be hard to work around him.  Also, since he is in at the firm and you are not yet this could potentially become a lop-sided relationship.  I'm not going to persuade or dissuade you, just pointing out two obvious drawbacks.

Manalive

Elder
Reaction score
JamesR said:
So there is this one girl at my Church, cute little blonde about my age. We don't talk very much, however, we have slightly been socializing a bit more, but not that much. Anyway, this saturday night for Pascha I kind of want to step it up a knotch with her. Wondering if anyone had any advice here since I'm a little sixteen year old and all of you wise old people have years of experience. What should I do? Stand by her, offer her my coat, put my arm around her, get a hotel, be a gentlemen, be an ass?
Be a gentleman. But don't act like she's the only person in the room. You should wait until after the Fast to start dating someone.  ;)

vamrat

Merarches
Reaction score
Manalive said:
JamesR said:
So there is this one girl at my Church, cute little blonde about my age. We don't talk very much, however, we have slightly been socializing a bit more, but not that much. Anyway, this saturday night for Pascha I kind of want to step it up a knotch with her. Wondering if anyone had any advice here since I'm a little sixteen year old and all of you wise old people have years of experience. What should I do? Stand by her, offer her my coat, put my arm around her, get a hotel, be a gentlemen, be an ass?
Be a gentleman. But don't act like she's the only person in the room. You should wait until after the Fast to start dating someone.  ;)
Yeah.  Would have been good to know about forty days ago...  :'(

Punch

Taxiarches
Reaction score
JamesR said:
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.  Don't do it!  You are too young to end your life.

Punch

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Manalive said:
JamesR said:
Why wait?  Is this another made up "tradition" that can be found nowhere in Scripture and practiced by nearly no one?

primuspilus

Taxiarches
Reaction score
A displaced Southerner in the Godless North
Website
www.saintgregorythetheologian.org
JamesR said:
Ask your priest  :p

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Anastasia1 said:
I just met a guy I like, but he works for the rep I am volunteering for. I know you shouldn't date co-workers, and it would be cool if I ever got a job offer from the rep if/when he wins.  Should I just forget about it until after the election?
On possible route is to ask him out to lunch to discuss political strategery or something, and see what happens from there...

primuspilus

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Website
Asteriktos said:
Anastasia1 said:
On possible route is to ask him out to lunch to discuss political strategery or something, and see what happens from there...
"I think the best way our guy can win is for you to follow me to the Motel 6....."

PP

Manalive

Elder
Reaction score
Punch said:
Manalive said:
JamesR said:
Why wait?  Is this another made up "tradition" that can be found nowhere in Scripture and practiced by nearly no one?

Why yes. I just made it up. Since I clearly stated in my post this was a tradition practiced by the church you shouldn't even have to ask. I just figured my statement would be as obvious as your ending the young man's life with dating/marriage comment is also "traditional". It dare wouldn't be my own advice or opinion.

dzheremi

Protokentarchos
Reaction score
primuspilus said:
Asteriktos said:
Anastasia1 said:
"I think the best way our guy can win is for you to follow me to the Motel 6....."

PP
Wow. What kind of dates are you going on, Primuspilus...

Punch

Taxiarches
Reaction score
You stated such, but I do not believe you.

Manalive said:
Punch said:
Manalive said:
JamesR said:

Why yes. I just made it up. Since I clearly stated in my post this was a tradition practiced by the church you shouldn't even have to ask. I just figured my statement would be as obvious as your ending the young man's life with dating/marriage comment is also "traditional". It dare wouldn't be my own advice or opinion.

JamesR

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Manalive said:
JamesR said:
Thank you :)

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Science has proven that the best place to go for advice on dating/relationships is a thread about this on a gaming forum. You can't refute science.

Punch

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Asteriktos said:
Science has proven that the best place to go for advice on dating/relationships is a thread about this on a gaming forum. You can't refute science.
Yes, nobody can give better advice than a bunch of 30 year old virgins living in their mom's basement.

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Punch said:
Asteriktos said:
Yes, nobody can give better advice than a bunch of 30 year old virgins living in their mom's basement.
You mad because they have an easier life than you? Yeah, you're mad...  ;D

Anastasia1

OC.Net Guru
Reaction score
dzheremi said:
primuspilus said:
Asteriktos said:
Anastasia1 said:
I just met a guy I like, but he works for the rep I am volunteering for. I know you shouldn't date co-workers, and it would be cool if I ever got a job offer from the rep if/when he wins.  Should I just forget about it until after the election?

PP
I'm not sure we really want to know what kind of dates Primuspilus goes on...

Punch

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Not only am I mad, but I am also angry.

Asteriktos said:
Punch said:
Asteriktos said:

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
Punch said:
Not only am I mad, but I am also angry.

Asteriktos said:
Punch said:
Asteriktos said:
Well, maybe some day when they leave their geeky existence behind they'll do things that normal people do... like post on theology boards.  :-*

primuspilus

Taxiarches
Reaction score
Website
Anastasia1 said:
dzheremi said:
primuspilus said:
Asteriktos said:
Anastasia1 said:
I just met a guy I like, but he works for the rep I am volunteering for. I know you shouldn't date co-workers, and it would be cool if I ever got a job offer from the rep if/when he wins.  Should I just forget about it until after the election?

PP
I'm not sure we really want to know what kind of dates Primuspilus goes on...
Well, I did marry my wife 3 weeks after we met.......

PP

Asteriktos

Hypatos
Reaction score
I'm so excited right now! Look at this email I just got...

You have a new message from vicky23. It reads:

vicky44u@yahoo.comHello.My Name is vicky i want to your profile today at
(orthodoxchristiandating.com) and i love it i think we can clcik from
thier!please i will like you to email me back through my email
thus;(vicky44u@yahoo.com)  am waiting to recive your lovely reply
soonest! Yours vicky    !please contact me through my email address so
i can give you my picture and tell you my datel have a nice day.
What should I do? *squeeeeee*